• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Spinoff Anime - Pokémon Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I think they will air only two episodes and that will conclude their chapter. Maybe we could see more of them if the franchise think about it during the airing of Pokemon the Origins : XY

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think they will air only two episodes and that will conclude their chapter. Maybe we could see more of them if the franchise think about it during the airing of Pokemon the Origins : XY
Well... that's pretty much obvious. Specials have low episode count.
Even 2 episodes is pretty much more than anyone could expect considering almost every special stays on one episode.

Tak

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 20, 2017
I really wish this was the new series instead of just a spinoff. It's the first time I've ever been excited about the Pokemon anime.

I frankly don't know anyone who likes Ash. I know a lot of people who think he'sincredibly annoying. Why do they bother bringing him back...

Years
Guys, saw that on serebii

Within a press release today, it was announced that the upcoming special: Pokémon The Origin is to be in a timeslot from 7pm to 8:49pm on October 2nd. This special features a return to the original narrative and joins Red as he travels through the Kanto region. We'll provide full coverage of this, including pictures, in full upon airing

They don't say if it is for Japan or the US tho. :(

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
Years
Pokemon Origin 2nd Trailer

I saw the second trailer and it looks like my #1 Fav Pokemon is going to be in it too!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Depending on this special is an hour long, or an hour and a half, I fear the pacing could be rushed, so we may not get to see all the gym leaders and iconic locations. I wonder where Mewtwo will show up: after Red becomes champion like in the games or before?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah, I don't think it will be as good as people may think. That is a lot of info to put in just an hour. Why they didn't break it down into a 5 episode series is beyond me. There is many animes that only have a hand full of episodes.

It is a bit odd to hear Naruto's voice actor in a pokemon anime lol.

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
Years
Depending on this special is an hour long, or an hour and a half, I fear the pacing could be rushed, so we may not get to see all the gym leaders and iconic locations. I wonder where Mewtwo will show up: after Red becomes champion like in the games or before?
I hope Masachika Ichimura for Mewtwo will be in it from the previous movies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yeah, I don't think it will be as good as people may think. That is a lot of info to put in just an hour. Why they didn't break it down into a 5 episode series is beyond me. There is many animes that only have a hand full of episodes.
2 hours is 5 episodes.

As for trailer... they simply couldn't omit Gengar x Nidorino battle xD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022

The official pokémon YT channel has uploaded a trailer and confirmed that the anime special will air from November 15th in English.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
YES YES YES YES YES!!

Jonah-hill-flailing1_(1)_111.gif

My reaction in a nutshell. :P

Hopefully they don't pick bad actors though. Anyone but Sarah Natochenny for Red.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The English preview said four episodes. So I'm guessing its two hours with commercials. Either way the fact that its going to be dubbed is exciting which means I don't have to lurk around for a sub and just wait until November to watch it. That way I can also focus on some of the other things I'm looking forward to in October instead of packing this into it as well. I really am excited for this but just soo much stuff this October it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back