• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I have an aunt who just quit smoking through hypnosis. xD When I was younger and would stay at her house for the day, she would like to stay inside most of the day, except for when she smoked. So if i wanted to go outside, I would grab her cigarettes and show them to her, saying "Moke! Moke!" xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im not sure I could be friends with someone who smokes. I just think smoking is really disgusting and wouldnt want them to smoke near me. I absolutely hate it when someone walks up to where you are and starts smoking, and then I have to move to avoid the smoke. Seems sort of unfair.

flubbateios

I have totally no idea on what I want to become

Smoking is horrible. I hate it.. full stop . I hope I made that clear. :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My boyfriend smokes, lol. :x He's strange about it though; he can and does stop whenever he wants for however long he wants, he's not even addicted. He just....likes it. xD I don't like cigarette kisses though, they're gross.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I've got friends who socially smoke (i.e. when they're drunk) but that's about it. I'd have no problem befriending a future friend who smokes: just as long as they don't do it around me, I have no problem with it. I'll - touch wood - never do it, but I'm not going to stop other people from doing it; it's certainly not a great way to win friends!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
...Touch wood? Is that like knock on wood but for Brits?

Years
My boyfriend smokes, lol. :x He's strange about it though; he can and does stop whenever he wants for however long he wants, he's not even addicted. He just....likes it. xD I don't like cigarette kisses though, they're gross.

I know how that feels, that was the same with me! :3​

...Touch wood? Is that like knock on wood but for Brits?

Knock on wood? XD​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, when you say something hasn't happened yet, you jinx it so then it has to happen! Unless you knock on wood right after. :3 That's the superstition anyway.

Years
Knock on wood rofl. You know the first time I heard someone say that I was so confused as I wasn't living too long in the UK when it happened. I was like "Why are you doing that?". Same with things like "You're bang out of order" I was like "what's wrong with him?" since I didn't realize it meant "You're out of line / being mean etc".

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Knock on wood rofl. You know the first time I heard someone say that I was so confused as I wasn't living too long in the UK when it happened. I was like "Why are you doing that?". Same with things like "You're bang out of order" I was like "what's wrong with him?" since I didn't realize it meant "You're out of line / being mean etc".

I had never heard of "Bang out of order" until you said that. xD

I can't think of any phrases that were weird to me...I'll keep trying though, lol

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Apparently 'barking mad' is a Britishism as well, which I had no idea until last week. Maybe the solution is for Americans to start watching British movies/TV shows? ;-D

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Does anybody actually want to be an accountant? Like, does somebody actually look up and say "Mummy, when I grow up I want to be an accountant!"?

Smoking killed all 4 of my great-grandparents. I think you can guess how I view it.

People have eight great-grandparents lol

ALSO: Touch wood is used in Australia too, so that's why AMERICA IS WRONG.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
No this is why we're strong. None of this pansy wood-touching, we knock our wood around like real men!

Back