• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A new Building

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Completely went under the radar here with the other discussions, but there is a new building that "supposedly" appears through the region.

newbuilding.png

Caption apparently reads:
Caption by golden building says "What do the blue and red objects mean? Looks fun!"

Scan is hard to see which sucks, but you can make out a Gold and Silver logo above the building...just barely. What could this building be?

Did they replace the Musical? Did they update the Musical?

Is there a new Mini Hut to prep us for the Battle Frontier?

I'm thinking they are "Battle Clubs". Yep. Don George's Battle clubs. Maybe as a little tie away filler similar to the battle tents from Emerald. With the Don George fillers being the main go between for the main story in the Anime I wouldn't be surprised if they were added into the new games.

Whatcha think? Could this be a sneak peek to the Frontier or something updated?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I noticed that too! But then I felt like somewhere it was mentioned then forgot to check back. XD; Hmmm from the design, I'd say it looks like something you'd fine at the Pokeathlon tbh. Can't tell where it's situated but doesn't look like somewhere from Black and White, and from what I've seen from the other two cities it doesn't really... fit in any of those places. Perhaps it's from a brand new location, or somewhere off-region perhaps? :3;

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The things on top (I'm assuming the logo) sort of look like Ho-Oh and Lugia. Maybe they're bringing back the Pokeathlon or something with a slightly similar aspect. Though it could be some sort of battle tent or Battle Frontier. I don't think they replace the Musical since there's already one in Nimbasa and that one seems to be the only one though who knows it could another theater.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The things on top (I'm assuming the logo) sort of look like Ho-Oh and Lugia. Maybe they're bringing back the Pokeathlon or something with a slightly similar aspect. Though it could be some sort of battle tent or Battle Frontier. I don't think they replace the Musical since there's already one in Nimbasa and that one seems to be the only one though who knows.

Well without actually seeing Nimbasa, they could be removed tbh, and we wouldn't know any different. :x Although from the design I don't think this place is in Nimbasa, there could still be something there in that place, like a third sports dome or something, or have multiple Musical Halls if this really is one.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
If it is an add on to the musical, hopefully they add ribbons too. Kind of want some sort of reward for doing contests....

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I agree with gunnerpow7 it looks more like a theater than the Pokéathlon to me. If you look closely there are film lines going across the building, and then two big spotlights on the left and right side of it.

djP5u.png

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well spotlights can be a good thing, they can be directing people to the Pokeathlon or Musical. :3 Theatre just overall sounds boring. ;x

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The Dom Battles would be nice. Tournament style gameplay. I hope it is,I've always wanted something like that. Would also be nice for that to be part of the trainer card or main storyline

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I think it has something to do with musicals or contests too. The gold thing right above the door looks kinda like a ribbon to me.
I would love for it to be a contest. One, it could slightly lead us to possible RS remakes in the future, and second, I miss contests terribly. Should that building be an advancement for the Musicals, they better make it a whole lot more improved and FUN, for the most part.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I think the musical idea in BW went nowhere. Game Freak might have updated the musical to be more interactive, fun, rewarding. Plus the movie film visual supports the musical connection.

Or, hear me out on this, Pokemon Shakespeare: You direct a trope of six pokemon in a production of a Shakespeare play and commit it to film. Then, you kidnap your loved ones and force them to watch your pikachu play King Leer.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So apparently its a Movie Building where you can make movies with your Pokemon. They showed a very short clip with it and I see this replacing Musical. Now I am greatly interested.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Movies with Pokemon... yeah, sounds/seems more promising than the Musicals, actually. I wonder how much control your character actually gets of it, or that it'll be as bad as Musicals as far as control goes >>

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
So I was definitely right about the building being a movie type thing.

Spoiler:

This is clearly a green screen room, but what are they filming? I don't know if this will be an improvement from Musicals just yet.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Kinda makes it seem really realistic, imo. Green screen seems so... boring. Is it a default process you have to go through or can you skip it and just do things on location?! WILL YOU HAVE A CAMERA FOLLOWING YOU? Or I mean, a camera to shoot various things? :3;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Have a clearer image of the movie building.

CsHFl.png

So now we can make out that the two things on top of the building are what looks like a robotic...Pokémon? And some Kamina looking character. There's definitely a ribbon on the front.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Left looks kinda like a Kanga/Slowbro combination. Perhaps they film Pokemon hybrids in this movie place...?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Maybe the movie will be something like you and your opponent battle it out to the finish to save the world from chaos, with you being the hero, and then you appear on the red carpet for the movie's premier and then watch the movie.
Idk, but it sounds like I'm going to fall in love with this new building.
I'm guessing the creature on the left of the building is some sort of mecha, and the person to the right is the hero trying to stop it.

Back