• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One anime?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you were to watch just one anime for your entire life, which would you choose? You could watch any seasons, and continue re-watching episodes as much as you like, but you'd be stuck to only this. Even if you get bored and lose interest, you cannot view any other anime at all. So, go ahead, take your pick! Also, make sure to explain why.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Fushigi Yuugi.

One, because it's got 70-80 episodes, and not just like.. 13. XD;

Two, because it's one of my first anime series that I fell in love with, and it's still a favorite and has a lot of sentimental value to me these days. So if I were stuck with only one anime for the rest of my life, it would have to be that one. Sometimes I could watch it and take it seriously, and sometimes I could just watch it to laugh at how corny it is.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hard to choose between Angel Beats & Sword Art Online. Both anime shows make me happy and sad. Do I want to be emotionally torn for both? Okay maybe I do. I choose Sword Art Online for that. :D

Outlier

Dragonball or Dragonball Z. I could sing praises to both of these series all day. I'd probably end up picking the original Dragonball though.

The characters, story, music and animation were all so charming. DBZ has some of my favourite fights of all time but overall I actually preferred the emphasis on martial arts that the original Dragonball had. I loved how before the tournaments would start you'd get to see the development and training of the participants involved beyond just the main protagonist.

Speaking of the protagonist. Goku was adorable, naive and fiercely protective of his friends. Traits we would later come to see in many other shounen protagonists, but none of them will ever take the place of Goku. He's my childhood hero.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Tsubasa Chronicle or Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (yea, I know it's still not anime but I simply know it will be epic :D)

Tsubasa because of all those memories I have from watching it and it will forever stay my TOP 1 anime.
And Mahouka because it's the first Light Novel I decided to read because of its awesomeness =D And... the voice cast announced + Madhouse... I can't see this failing :D

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Cross Game.

I rewatched it three times, each still feel fresh because I pick up new things. The subtlety HELPS majorly. It's only 50 episodes, but 50 quality episodes.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
One Piece.

It is THE anime for me. Sure, its pacing and animation suck for the most part but the story is goddamn amazing and I can rewatch it hundreds of times without being bored. I've seen 500+ episodes over 3 times already. :p And I shall rewatch it a few more times. Just that good.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
It'll be Pokemon or Kiteretsu! Hard to choose between them, but Pokemon is looking a bit on the higher side!
I'll prefer watching both as they are my super Favourite!

Years
I'm not big on re-runs to begin with so I'd get bored fairly easy...Um, if I had to choose one, Psycho-Pass. Interesting enough characters and plot with a couple of my favourite seiyuus in there for good measure :3

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
Magi

I love the plot, the characters, the development... I love how it really makes me put myself in every character's position and ask myself: Would I do the same thing? Is this person wrong? In this situation, how would I feel?

Fantasy/Action/Adventure is just great, it also has drama, tragedy... comedy... urggh I just love it. :D there's a little bit of everything, and I think there's a character for everyone to like/relate to!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I'd have to go with Fairy Tail. Reason: it's incredibly entertaining, and I've watched through it twice now and it hasn't gotten old :)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
It'd be a toss up between Gintama, One Piece and Galaxy Express 999. All great shows with a load of episodes.

If I were to pick one it'd probably be Gintama.

Years
One.. ugh. ;A; Definitely one of the longer ones so at least 50 episodes. Would probably just go with Hitman Reborn though because it was my life for such a long time and has great characters. Plus 200+ episodes and I can rewatch them all day! :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, it'd definitely be Sword Art Online. Love how the setting takes place in an MMO, and its story is simply fantastic. I honestly wouldn't mind watching it over and over for rest of my life, haha. Besides that, another would be One Piece.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 8, 2014
[COLOR="CadetBlue2"]Well I would watch Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, because 1. Naruto now kicks major butt, 2. Sasuke is my favorite, and now he is a good guy, and 3. it seems to me Naruto Shippuden will never end! Believe It![/COLOR]

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
One Piece.

It is THE anime for me. Sure, its pacing and animation suck for the most part but the story is goddamn amazing and I can rewatch it hundreds of times without being bored. I've seen 500+ episodes over 3 times already. :p And I shall rewatch it a few more times. Just that good.

REWATCHING IT THE MANGAKA WILL PROBABLY DIE AND N OT FINISH IT!

Dragon Ball or Mobile Suit Gundam (all of them!) because you know, lil goku and massive robots!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
It's a toss up between Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Code Geass. I'll pick the former though, because I have seen myself on numerous occasions rewatch scenes and entire episodes. It has great characters that I feel attached to, lighthearted moments when I need a good laugh, and epic fight scenes. I'd be quite content with this choice because watching Code Geass over and over again would sadden me, haha.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I am of the opinion that short or medium sized anime arent a good choice for this lol. Cuz as awesome as fmab was, Id get bored of it if I watched it for the hundredth time. Long shows like gintama, one piece or detective conan are better choices - large numer of quality episodes = you forget ♥♥♥♥ and rewatch endlessly.

Back