• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emotionally attached?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I find with Black & White's animated sprites, it's a lot easier to get attached to your Pokémon.

For example, in the past I wouldn't have a team with the Kanto starters, because I considered it too easy, but now since I've beaten B&W's elite four, I've trained them from level 1. I'm going to keep them in second stage permanently I think. Or maybe until Level 99, and evolve them on 100.

I'm finding myself actually getting attached to the little guys. To the point where I'm imagining little stories for them, and I'm 20 years old. I haven't done that since I was like, 8.

Maybe it's Kanto nostalgia, coupled with the fact I'm in a new region..

My team will consist of the Kanto starters, and three random Unova Pokemon. Considering Braviary for my Flying type.

Kazimoto

Vanishing Act
Years
It's hard not to become attached to something you put so much time into.
My Reuniclus was the first Pokemon I raised to level 100. He's my pride and joy, I would never let anything happen to him.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2016
Oh yeah, I get attached. Maybe not strongly, but enough to where I can't get rid of a decent one that could be replaced by a better Pokemon.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
after spending over 3 hour RNG breeding my first shiny (RNG'ed) i'm feeling quite attached XD

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
When I catch a Pokemon and I train it, I do bond with them, especially my starter. I develop a personality in my head based off of their move set and ability. I've even gone as far as giving them verbal encouragement while battling. "Come one *insert nick name here*, you can do it, now quick attack!"

Bunny910

Eeveelution revolution!
Years
Couldn't help but see this post before joining here. But.... I guess I do get very emotionally attached to my pokemon. I always find it so hard to pick who goes in the PC and who to play like in SS. I still twitch a little when my pokemon faint or get poisoned.

But in the games, I like it. Since when I play.... I create my own character there or I really pretend I am really there in the games. Feels more alive playing the games. Even towards my starters like Squirtle. But I think the biggest reason why is that I always nickname them. And the ones I trade are the ones I don't nickname. I hope I am making my point.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Hm... I'm going to say that I do. I often find myself talking to the Pokemon in my game as if they were right there. Saying things like "Good battle, Torchic!" and other things. When I have to delete a game save... I just become sad to lose the Pokemon I considered my partners for so long.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This thread is from 2011. It's 2013. Therefore...we make a new one instead of bringing things back from the dead. No zombies in my forums, please!

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back