• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Professor Sycamore

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Honestly if the Professor was the Champion, I'd just be mad. Sorry if I offend you, but, that just sounds kind of moronic. He's a Professor, an occoasional battle to test where you're at and being Champion are different. Don't get me wrong I'd love for some crazy twist that just shatters everything I know but that just sounds kind of dumb to me. It's not like we haven't had the chance to get a starter from previous generations before after completeing some sort of task(s). HG/SS gave us the option to get a Kanto and Hoehn starter. Wouldn't discount it but I would rather be able to obtain a Sinnoh starter. Gen. 4 had my favorite batch of starters.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
Definitely the sexiest professor yet. I hear you can battle him, and that sounds kind of interesting.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Regarding whether the professor could be a champion, I feel as though being a professor is a career no different than being a ranger, contest coordinator, or trainer. In the past, only trainers and gymleaders could promote themselves into being a champion, in which their in-game title would change to match that. I don't think it'd be possible for him to realistically or by game logic maintain both positions at once.

But I wouldn't mind if he was.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well that's still a rumor, though I won't mind. I'm picking Bulbasaur if that's true :). Also it discourages the chance for RGB remake remakes...

I wouldn't say it discourages it. Gen 4 gives you all four starter sets, that never slowed down the rumors about Gen 3 remakes. Gen 6 is rumors are to be believed are giving more Kanto support if true. Both will be in need of remaking thanks to new graphic style either way.

If he gives out Kanto Starters then the region may have some connection with Kanto.

I kinda like the new Prof...though I'm confused as hell as to how we get our starters if he is supposed to entrust us with them, but we don't meet him until two cities afterwards. Will the group be taken to Lumoise City or will we meet him before moving into our new home and get the Pokedex from Trevor after?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Well, in my opinion he looks more like an evil scientist than a professor, especially if he considers having battles with the player from time to time. He might even be the first professor to be the player's rival. That would make a nice twist.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
This professor is absolutely gorgeous like oh my god. :D

At first I thought he was just another trainer who will accompany you in your journey, but he's actually a PROFESSOR. And he battles, too! My life is complete <3

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I must say, I'm very surprised by the number of people who are absolutely in love with this professor, and his dashing looks. XD Seeing everyone so excited for this professor makes me excited, too.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Maybe it'll be like 4th and 5th gen when you have 2 rivals: one with an advantage and one with a disadventage. Maybe he will be the one with the disadvantage since in most gens there is always one pokemon left at the lab!! i am hoping for this so i can kick his ass!

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
He looks hip, I like his design as well. I think that we will have to verse him in the end to see how we've progressed throughout our journey. I like how we will be able to verse him periodically throughout the game. I hope that he is not our rial though because a rival needs to be more kid like. I think he will give us Pokemon the traditional three style way at the beginning. I think that he will also give us items throughout our journey to help us out. I like how GameFreak is making the Professor more "useful" (for lack of a better word).

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
I'm not quite sure what I think about him yet. He looks like a nice guy. He doesn't look like he'll be as boring as Birch or as big of a klutz as Elm. Or as (for lack of a better word) old as Rowan. Although I don't think I'll like him as much as Professor Oak or Professor Juniper.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I just think he's cool and a new spin on the Professor idea. Being able to battle him, him not being in the starting city but, rather, being in the main city. I like it. I don't see him being yet another rival, or the champion as I've seen previously.

Years
I think Sycamore is definitely changing the usual formula for Professors in the games because he's the first one who will actually battle you, and that's not counting that dummied-out battle with Oak back in 1st Gen.

But still those rumors about Sycamore being the Kalos Champion seem intriguing, I'd be surprised if it really is true.

Years
Ahh this guy is just so awesome-looking. Finally, a cool male professor! :D; He looks like a nice but quirky kind of guy, so I can't wait to see him in the games. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Before:
tumblr_liqamwquIG1qipm84o1_500.jpg

Now:
tumblr_mqj7cbEEZT1s8zdwuo1_500.png

Dang, the pokémon professors are getting better. I certainly like his style, and the fact that he will battle you throughout the game makes me curious as to what his field of specialization is.

Years
I really do hope that our speculations of him being something 'more' than just the regions Pokémon Professor are true! It would certainly break the mold!

Back