• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*slaps butt* "Oh you!"

Outlier

When does flirting with someone become inappropriate?

Barring things that are blatant sexual harassment like tapping a stranger on the behind and stuff like that, in my opinion it can be a very vague and subjective line to cross in regards to what's considered flirting and what is considered inappropriate.

I think it differs from person to person, so what would and do you consider crossing the line when it comes to making advances and flirting with someone. Would you put up with certain things from a stranger you were attracted to than you would from a stranger whom you had no attraction to whatsoever?

THESE are the questions.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I'd put up a certain degree of it with a woman, provided I can do the same to her. I don't want it to be a one way road, since I can't function in a relationship like that unless there's a huge amount of mutual respect behind such advances.

As far as someone who's merely a crush, I'd take a little in good spirit, provided it's spaced out. Then again, it really depends on how much I love them. A girl my freshman year I would've taken anything from in pride; this year that's clearly not the case.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
I have been told that I was a flirt but since I am not really flirted with by girls I guess I might be a bit more open about it, all though if there is touching of the spots then that's not really flirting in my opinion. Its touching for fun. . . . But if its a girl I like they usually don't touch and so I really don't have a big problem with it.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Sexy, busty onee-chan can touch me down there and I won't mind. IF I get to repay the favor in full, that is! >D

In all seriousness, I don't really think touching is appropriate. Flirting while maintaining distance is okay. If you're both really into each other then its more like a couple thing. But just grabbing the dick or balls or butt of a random stranger is a no no.

Outlier

I've been groped under a table by a girl I was very attracted to but never had the nerve to ask out. I wasn't bothered by this at all in fact it's a fond memory of mine. Now if someone whom I had no interest in or if I thought they were unattractive were to grope me like she did, then I'm not sure how I would've reacted. I like to think I would have just stood up and left the area but who knows.

I think it depends on the dynamic you have with the person and how comfortable you were with what they did. Perhaps it's something you can't judge beyond a case-by-case and person-to-person basis. Either way I'm still interested in hearing your stories and opinions on the matter.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I don't mind being touched by a girl when it comes to flirting, just as long as she doesn't play rough, which I can't take due to being a very sensitive guy.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
If you flirt with me to the point that turns me off, I will throw you in my car and leave you at the corner of LaBrucherie and Adams where there's nothing but a gas station. I did it once and I don't mind doing it again.

Verbal flirting, I don't mind. It's the physical touching that really makes me unconfortable.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Depends on how smooth you are in pulling it off.
If you look uncomfortable, I'll be uncomfortable.

Yukari

If any girl were to touch me in any way, I would have no problem Breaking one of their bones. Any bone, I'm not picky. But yeah, I find physical contact under any context inappropriate. I don't care If It's a stranger or were best friends.

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
Years
If someone just touches me like that, trying to be ''flirty'' and all... Let's just say that I'm not gonna pay their hospital bill. :)

Pffft, I won't even let my mates touch my hair.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
If it's someone I'm attracted to hell yes would I let them physically flirt with me.

If it's sme random stranger or someone I'm not attracted to; byeeeeeee!

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I don't like surprises. If I don't see it coming then I don't want it no matter who it's from. I need to mentally prepare, dammit! I always end up feeling like I'm about to die...

If it wasn't a surprise, then yes, I would let someone I'm attracted to physically flirt with me but it'd better be going somewhere.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
Dont mind it if we were couple but if strangr BIG NO NO its perverted I can see if u dated a long time or no eachothr then fine othr then that diss her with food bill then drive off without her

Honest

Hi!
Years
Dont mind it if we were couple but if strangr BIG NO NO its perverted I can see if u dated a long time or no eachothr then fine othr then that diss her with food bill then drive off without her
I'm having a very hard time comprehending what you wrote. If I read right, though, you sound like you're saying you'd scrap a date. Er, you realize dating and flirting are two different things, right? Also, scumbag move to just ditch someone on a date.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years

I Don't mind it if we're a couple but if it's a stranger, then it's a BIG NO NO! It's Perverted. I can see through it if we dated for a long time or if we know each other, then it's fine but other than that I'd ditch her with the food bill and then drive off without her.
I like proof reading people's messages :) Hope you didn't mind

Well I know almost everyone I interact with. I usually don't say anything if anyone touches me because frankly I'm quite tolerant. But still, if it goes overboard then I get verbal with it...... People usually call me a flirt too but it's only verbal flirting which I am accused of ;)

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
apparently i'm part of the minority here that loves physical contact aha. if i find a girl attractive and she was good at flirting i'd probably buy her an engagement ring and move to hawaii with her.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Flirting is always awkward for me (and probably many other people too) but if it's just casual/talking only type of flirting it's fine by me. Especially if they're really attractive. :P But please don't touch my butt or crotch area cause that just makes me uncomfortable. I had a guy grope my crotch in public and I was very uncomfortable afterword and it literally made me feel awful the rest of the day. He wasn't flirting oddly enough though. For whatever reason he was trying to convince me to have sex with prostitutes and make money off it, which is the weirdest thing a stranger on the street has ever asked me. (Cause you know most people just ask for cigarettes or money.) If I was that uncomfortable in that situation, I'm sure I'd feel the same way in an actual situation when someone gropes me when flirting.

Yukari

Well obviously it's not a good Idea to physically flirt with a stranger.

Rhize

Topsy-Turvy
Years
If you touch me at all there will be no responsibility at all for me at the injuries you may/may not sustain.

I think grabbing one's derriere is crude and a barbaric way of flirting. Physical flirting, in my opinion, stops at grabbing one's hand/arm. Anything past that, and the subjects must either be in a relationship or kicked very firmly in the shin.

I am one who has very little knowledge of flirting or romance in general. I tend to socialize with boys more, and my friends think I'm flirting but I just see it as friendly conversation. Apparently to talk to the opposite gender at all after the age of 12 they must either be a. a crush or b. gay. It's ridiculous. But, when it does come to those I like, I really don't show it. I am a more violent person so my way of "flirting" is usually punching them lightly or teasing them.

I'm really not a romantic girl. .-.

Back