• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Super Easy Sprite/Map/Image Inserting (FR/LG)

Years
Programs Needed:
IrfanView
unLZ.GBA
NSE
MS Paint
VBA (To ensure your new sprite appears properly in-game)

Welcome to my tutorial! Here I will show you the absolute easiest, least time-consuming way (in my opinion) to insert new pokemon, trainers, berries, maps and any other sprite you wish!

Step 1: Readying the Image
Spoiler:

Step 2: Inserting the Image
Spoiler:

Step 3: Fixing the Images Color
Spoiler:

Step 4: Testing The Sprites
Spoiler:

Years
Hey, I don't know if you're still active or not.
Can you explain how to insert overworld sprites for a new trainer sprite?

I want to Add an overworld character (possibly more than one) to use in my game.
In other words, how can I add an NPC to FR/LG without replacing any of the original ones. If this is possible a tutorial for it would be nice.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
Hey, I don't know if you're still active or not.
Can you explain how to insert overworld sprites for a new trainer sprite?

I want to Add an overworld character (possibly more than one) to use in my game.
In other words, how can I add an NPC to FR/LG without replacing any of the original ones. If this is possible a tutorial for it would be nice.
If you want to add lots of new Overworlds / overworld palettes then I suggest getting JPAN's hacked engine. Then you can follow this tutorial :
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=211535

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2014
Is there a way to create a brand new colour pallet instead of over writing one?

Back