• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: who here plays pokemon on their computers?

Years
Can anyone give me a hand in attempting to run some of the hacks on here? I attempt to run pokemon Sienna and Pokemon light platinum on visualboy advance, but i just end up getting an error saying that it is an unsupported file type, can anyone help me to figure out what is wrong, or tell me how they run the games so that i can copy them?
i dont know bout sienna though i knw about light platinum for that youll need a clean ruby rom go to google and type pokemon ruby v1.0 and download it

that site then youll need lunar ips
go to google and type lunar ips and click the second url

then ofcourse th lightt platinum file
then first open lunar ips and click create ips file and click on the light platinum file
then open it again and click on apply ips fie then simply click on the ips file of light platinum and then click on the ruby file then done ure ready to play.

emeraldJmac

Legend of Generations
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
i dont know bout sienna though i knw about light platinum for that youll need a clean ruby rom go to google and type pokemon ruby v1.0 and download it

that site then youll need lunar ips
go to google and type lunar ips and click the second url

then ofcourse th lightt platinum file
then first open lunar ips and click create ips file and click on the light platinum file
then open it again and click on apply ips fie then simply click on the ips file of light platinum and then click on the ruby file then done ure ready to play.

For Sienna the base is Firered, then follow the above steps that Meez said. Although I'm pretty sure Sienna isn't complete yet, correct me if I'm wrong.

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
I think what would be BOSS would be a handheld DS modified to play Roms with a speed up button. Someone get on it, now. I will write you a check with how every many zeroes you want on it, just make it happen.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2012
I am still having in my PC I play when ever I get time but my brother plays every time he is big fan of Pokemon like me.

Zythrone

The One And Only!
Years
I will play games emulated...

The only exception is Pokemon... I don't really see the point if I can't battle or trade with other people...

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2014
I use emulators because you can do a lot more than you can on the real thing

I use real hand held games/consoles mostly because they don't break a lot and there easier to work with

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
I haven't tried no$gba but I do like Desmume and VBA. I usue them all the time to play hacks and emerald, which I can't find anywhere...

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
I play the GBA and very rarely the GBC games on emulators. But only the games I own (Crystal, Ruby, FireRed and Emerald). I sometimes play on PC, but I just love playing them on my phone.

Soi

Resident Griffon
Years
I like the enhanced screen size when using emulators, plus hacks are great. but that hasn't prevented me from buying the hard copies of games still

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm pretty sure everyone in the Emulation section uses emulators. :I

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
I love playing Firered, since my GB was lost when we moved, I play it now on pc and PSP , it is awesome because you can transfe saves from one another, so most of the playing is on psp, trading and battling with myselfe is done on pc :P any body interested give me a shout on pm :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Well playing gba games on pc seems borring but i love playing pokemon on psp it's like updated gameboy advance.

Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2012
I play on my computer. I also have an emulator on my Android phone to play GBA games. :d Unfortunately, no DS.

Years
I play on my computer but primarily on my ipad; There's a really cool thing where you can connect your wiimote to control GB/GBC emulators on it, it's awesome!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2016
I remember when i first figured out emulators, It was last year in grade 10, Was playing Pokemon Heart gold under my desk when my teacher caught me got so mad and threw it against the wall, first i tried to hire some grade 9s to murder her..But then i found emulators

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2012
I paly in my pc... iam currently playing life of guardians and shiny gold both are hacks also finished emerald 4 times now ... ^_^

Back