• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misadventures at Hogwarts: Term 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
Andrew sat down across from her, looking around almost nervously. He wasn't sure if it was a good time to break the news to Terra about Cassidy, but since veryone else knew...

"Terra," he said quickly, "There's something I've got to tell you..."

He trailed off, clearing his throat, and folding his hands in his lap.

"My parents are getting a divorce, and they're splitting Cassidy and me up. She's going back to Japan to live with our dad, which means she won't be coming back next year," he told her quickly, letting the words just tumble out. He sniffed a little, and cleared his throat once again. "I uh...don't want to make you upset or anything. Cassidy wouldn't want you to be upset over her...but I just thought you ought to know."

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
Years
Then, Andrew bought shocking news...
Terra's eyes flew wide open, and she blinked.
"No..."
The words had a great impact on her, so great that tears began to form in her eyes, and she sniffed as well.
"I... Can't.... Believe it..." The girl stuttered, now looking out the window, portraying mixed signs of slight disbelief, shock, and grief.
She turned back to him, with two tears trickling out of her eyes, splashing down onto her cheeks.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
"Please...don't cry..." Andrew said softly. He hadn't cried at all about the situation, and seeing Terra cry certainly brought him close to crying.

Andrew got up from his seat across from her, and sat next to her. He hugged her, needing the hug as much as she did. He felt something inside himself breaking, as if he were loosing a part of himself that could never be replaced. That space had been filled when he and Cassidy started to get along again, and now...now that had been ripped away from him.

He felt a tear escape his eye, falling down his cheek, and splashing onto his shirt. He parted from Terra, wiping his eyes furiously with his sleeve. He coughed a few times to try and quell that shaking feeling you get in your gut when you are holding in tears.

"Sorry," he said, choking on sobs. "It hadn't really hit me...till now."

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
Years
"I... Understand." Terra said quietly, after sitting still, after recieving the hug.
"Why?"
The girl whispered to no one in paricular, now turning her attention to the window again.
Other students were happilly boarding the train, unaware of the terrible news that had just been delivered, blissful and carefree.
She closed her eyes, bathed in darkness, and shutting herself out from the rest of the world.
Johann, then Cassidy...
Why?!

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
The train was nearing London. Andrew could see the station from where he was sitting. He had stayed in Terra's compartment for the rest of the way, trying not to think too much about his sister. He had never seen her board the train.

The Hogwarts Express pulled up to platform nine and three-quarters late that afternoon. Andrew sighed and got up as the train pulled to a stop. He pulled his luggage down from the rack, and looked over at Terra.

"I s'pose we ought to go find Karli, Josh, and Berii to say our goodbyes for the summer," Andrew said softly, waiting for her to gather her things as well.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
Years

At last it was time to get off the train... But...
When Andrew said that statement, Terra jolted out of her quiet, solemn state, and quickly nodded, showing her agreement.
Putting the book that she had been reading a couple hours ago away, she stood up.
"Well.... Let's go. I have to get Drift, anyways..." She said, in a equally quiet tone of voice.
Shouldering her bag, Terra opened the doors again, and saw that already the train was bustling with people anxious to get off.
She stepped out, then glanced over at Andrew, waiting for him.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
Andrew followed her, and stepped off the train. As soon as his feet hit the platform, he felt overwhelmed with sadness, even though he knew he'd be returning next year. He sighed, completely drained of tears, and looked over at Terra. He felt sorry that they couldn't leave on a happy note.

"Karli, Josh, Berii!" he called over the bustle, hoping they could hear him.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
Years

Terra nodded at Andrew, and silently set off to gett her owl.
--
Minutes later, she returned to the same place, and eagerly looked around for the rest of her friends, though feeling a bit down.
She sighed quietly to herself.
Things wouldn't be the same without Cassidy.
I remember when she joined the Quiditch team... When we first met... The Cristmas party...
Feeling a pang of sorrow, she thought, I'll miss her. She's been a great friend- And still is..

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
Years
Hearing Andrew's call, Berii walked up to the train, and to their compartment. Despite her sorrow, she grinned. She felt like she hadn't seen Terra for ages!

"Hey, Terra." she greeted a little cheerfully. She knew what was happening, it wasn't something to be happy about, but she couldn't help it. She hated seeing other people so down.

"Oh, don't worry, Terra. You'll see! Next year she'll be here..." she said, trying to sound very cheerful. "When you least expect it..." she whispered. She knew it was just her dream, but somehow she felt like it would come true.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
Years
OOC: I've decided I'll stay in this kind of RPing mode, but I'll randomly change to Terra's point of view. =D

IC: "Maybe..." Terra whispered, looking off into the skies above, at the clusters of clouds and never-ending blue.
Maybe...
She shifted Drift's cage a bit, causing Drift to hoot loudly, and a few muggles to stare as she sat the cage down on her trunk.
"Terra! Terra!" A very familiar voice rang out from in the middle of the crowd, and the girl recognized it instantly.

"Mum! Mum!" She called, and ran in the direction of the voice, discovering her mother, that looked like a older, adult version of Terra herself, except with brown hair, which hugged her in return.
"Mum, can you meet my friends?"
"Alright, Terra, but then we must leave, Dad is waiting." With that response, Terra happilly 'dragged' her mother off in the direction of her gathered friends.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
Years
OOC: I get to start the thread! Tell me when you want me to start it! And I'll pull a Scarlet and do third person too!

BIC:
Josh leaped out of the train. This would be the last chance to see his friends!
As he ran out, Terra was dragging her mother over to them.
Saying a quick "Hope to see you again!", Josh bolted over to Terra and her mother.
"Excuse me Mrs Lanes!" Josh said.
"Hello Josh!" she replied.
"Can I stay with you?" Josh asked. "I don't want to go back to the orphanage!"
"Hmm..." Mrs Lanes pondered. "I guess-"
"THANKS!" Josh yelled hugging her and then running back to his friends. "I have a home I think!"

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
Years
OOC: Batesy, please don't do my character's mother anymore. (Don't worry, I'm not mad, but please don't play her. ^^; )
Terra blinked as her mother exchanged a few words with her boyfriend, then as he bolted over to the rest of her friends.
"Nice boy, isn't he?" Her mother asked the Terra cheerfully as her daughter led her over to her friends, recieving a nod from the young teenager.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
Years
Terra's mother beamed at Karli.
"Hello, Karli." She greeted Terra's friend, and took her hand, shaking it firmly.
"Terra's told me all about you... But this time, I get to actually meet you!"
The young girl, hearing this, grew a bit red from the embarressment that her mother was spreading.
"Yeah, mum..." She muttered, keeping her head low, reddening by the minute.

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
Years
I nudged Josh with my elbow, and whispered, "Josh...."
I noticed Terra turned red and smiled. I then saw my grandparents coming over to me.
I hugged them.
"Hi Grandma, hi Grandpa. These are my friends. Terra, Josh, Berii, and Andrew"
My grandparents said hello to the happily.
"And this is Terra's mother..." I finished off.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
Years
Berii was about to go out but a boy tripped her, making the stuff she was holding fall. She was sticking out her tongue to that boy, when she heard her name being mentioned. She jumped out the train and saw Terra, Karli, and Josh already out.

"Did any of you call me?" she asked. Only noticing then that Terra's mom and Karli's grandparents were there. She bowed politely then greeted them.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
Years
Terra's mum waved at them, causing Terra to jerk her head up, redder than ever.
"Delighted to meet you!" The mother greeted the elderly couple.
The girl sighed slightly as she watched her mother conversing, tracing circles on the ground with her foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back