• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most/Least Anticipated Movies of 2013!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
What are some of the most and least anticipated movies of 2013 for you?

One of my highest anticipated movies is Side Effects, a psychological thriller directed by Steven Soderbergh, starring Jude Law, Rooney Mara, and Channing Tatum. It is about a woman who becomes involved with prescription drugs for the duration of her husband's time in jail, gradually falling deeper and deeper into depression as time slags by. It is set for release on February 8th, 2013.

Side Effects Trailer
Spoiler:

One of the least anticipated movies for me is Man of Steel, a film that is supposed to be yet another reboot of the Superman series. And most likely yet another flop, at least from what I've seen it. As a whole, the old superhero franchise has been beaten to death. Even Iron Man is being given a third movie and Thor a second, both to be released in the same year as Man of Steel. I don't see MoS as being a movie worth approaching.

Man of Steel Trailer
Spoiler:

What about you?

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Man of Steel
Iron man 3
Monsters University
Texas Chainsaw 3D
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Evil Dead
Scary movie 5
Grown Ups 2
The Wolverine
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Thor: The Dark World
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Those are the movies I'm looking forward to watch for the year 2013.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm actually pretty much identical to that of Antemortem.

I'm a massive fan of the previous Steven Soderbergh-Scott Z. Burns collaborations (The Informant! and Contagion), and Side Effects would be exactly up my street even if it were a different writer-director team. I'm a big Jude Law fan, and Channing Tatum has had a great year with Magic Mike and 21 Jump Street (and, I guess, Sodebergh's previous effort of Haywire), and I'm so glad this isn't being pushed to the end of the year. February can't come soon enough!

Man of Steel on the other hand... eh. I just don't care. Like, at all. Nothing about the project really intrigues me, and I have very little faith in Zack Snyder and Christopher Nolan. If reviews are good, I might be persuaded, but I reeeeeeeeally don't care at all about this one. Sorry, Nolan super-fans!

Years
I only really get excited about a movie when it gets close to showing.

I know I'm eventually going to see the superhero movies, and knowing that it kind of dampens my excitement to see them. It's the same with anything which is a known quantity for me. Monsters University is something I know I'll see because it's Pixar and they do good work. I do try not to come up with a list of movies ahead of time though because it's daunting and I'll forget to see some and then kick myself for forgetting. I also like to be surprised sometimes. Learning that there's a move that is right up my alley coming out in less than a month is one part of the movie going experience that I really like.

Sir Codin

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
After Earth (looks pretty interesting)
Star Trek Into Darkness

Least anticipated:
Man of Steel (not that I'm not interested in seeing it, but I've never really been a Superman fan)
Iron Man 3 (really, they seem to be just milking it at this point)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I am actually looking forward to Man Of Steel. Mainly because Christopher Nolan is having his part in it, and after the Batman trilogy I want to see how Superman goes. I also am excited for Catching Fire of course, as well as The Host.

Least? Grown Ups 2, Hanzel and Grettle (lol), and Iron Man 3.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I am actually looking forward to Man Of Steel. Mainly because Christopher Nolan is having his part in it, and after the Batman trilogy I want to see how Superman goes. I also am excited for Catching Fire of course, as well as The Host.

Least? Grown Ups 2, Hanzel and Grettle (lol), and Iron Man 3.
The Host sounds like it'll be a good movie. A friend of mine read the book a couple of years ago and said it was really good and recently said she was excited for the movie to come out. Of course, a plot of strange creatures arriving on Earth and doing their alien-y things is not exactly something that's not been done in recent times, but it still looks good regardless.

As for Hansel and Grettle... Why all the old folklore/fairy tale's are being made into movies is beyond me, but this one should have been left untouched.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The only thing I'm looking forward to is Catching Fire. I'm not a huge movie person honestly.

Not looking forward to my sister screaming about Channing Tatum in his upcoming movies lol.

Years
Cat Dog & OP I hate you

Man of Steel, Catching Fire, World War Z, Warm Bodies, Movie 43, Thor 2, Hobbit 2, Zero Dark Thirty, Pacific Rim, Dark Skies & 300 #2. Being a pretty big movie buff/fan, I'll see all of these, and the majority of the year's releases.

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
Years
1. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
2. The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
3. Silver Linings Playbook
4. Insidious: Chapter 2
5. Man Of Steel
6. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
7. Monsters University
8. Paranormal Activity 5
9. Oblivion
10. World War Z

Years
I'm looking forward to Iron Man 3 and the remake of Carrie above most of the others but The Wolverine is right in there.

I'm not looking forward to Man of Steel.

Hansel and Gretel could go either way.

Carter

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Django Unchained
Pain & Gain
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Man of Steel (I'm dying for a good watch)
Gangster Squad
World War Z

There are a lot more. I'd end up watching half of them anyway.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
Catching Fire
Kick Ass 2
Monsters University (Monsters, Inc. was cute, so why not?)
Star Trek Into the Darkness
Warm Bodies

BeausaHD

The Beau In HD
Years
Most anticipated would be Scary Movie 5 and Iron Man 3.
Least anticipated would be Man Of Steel.

Back