• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2011
When i try to do the give pokemon script and compile it it says that there isnt enough bytes. I tried to use an offset with a higher byte ( it was 256 before and i changed it to 512) and it still didnt work.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
When i try to do the give pokemon script and compile it it says that there isnt enough bytes. I tried to use an offset with a higher byte ( it was 256 before and i changed it to 512) and it still didnt work.

Can you post the script,its probably in the script where you messed up.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2011
Can you post the script,its probably in the script where you messed up.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This should work,yours worked fine for me but i fixed up the text a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2011
Spoiler:

This should work,yours worked fine for me but i fixed up the text a bit.
just to point out that im doing this on emerald s i might have used a wrong hexnumber/code thing (sorry im new to scripting).

thanks for the help btw.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I am trying to make an person event to give a pokemon, but when ever i try to talk to the person it just locks, cause i hear the music but cant move, i never does the face player or any messages, i am new to scripting so its probably something simple but i have compared it to working scripts and it looks right.

Years
I am trying to make an person event to give a pokemon, but when ever i try to talk to the person it just locks, cause i hear the music but cant move, i never does the face player or any messages, i am new to scripting so its probably something simple but i have compared it to working scripts and it looks right.

I'm not sure but is there a flag 0x950?? Looks too large.If you are hacking FR/LG/R/S,try flag 0x10;if you're hacking E,try flag 0x933.
I didn't use PKSV recently,that's what I can point out.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014

Have you changed the bug catcher's script in amap? That's the only possible problem I can see for now. :\

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
adiktus --im not sure what you mean but i put a pic up of my event in amap so hopefully you can help me understand

liuyanghejerry -i have tried various flags from 0x950 to 0x300 to 0xzzzz to now 0x10 but none worked(its firered)
here is a picture in amap maybe i am screw something up here
and thanks for your suggestions so far:classic:

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
adiktus --im not sure what you mean but i put a pic up of my event in amap so hopefully you can help me understand

liuyanghejerry -i have tried various flags from 0x950 to 0x300 to 0xzzzz to now 0x10 but none worked(its firered)
here is a picture in amap maybe i am screw something up here
and thanks for your suggestions so far:classic:

Hmmm... instead of $8801000 put $801000.

The first 8 is.. kinda like a prefix, which states that the offset is only 6 digits long (in hex), and isn't truly part of the offset.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
thanks adiktus it is working now, in amap it was correct yesterday(801000) but right before the pic i changed it, i changed it back this morning and it works for some reason oh well im just happy it works.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
You can't ask for a script here. This is where you post your scripts and people fix your problems :\

Teh_PingasYTP

PINGAS!
Years
The script below should work.You set the flag for the pokedex after you get the pokemon.Thats the flag it checks for inorder to give the pokemon.Just a small mistake.

Spoiler:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! =P
also, i'm getting better at scripting! i've only learned 2 days ago!

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
looking at old scirpts

hey i was wondering if theres anyway to open up scripts using advance map? like i want to look at scripts used in-game to learn more about how to script.. can anyone tell me if this is possible or if it's possible to look at scripts used in-game at all?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
This should probably be in the Simple questions thread :\

Anyways, highlight the script you want to open in the events tab, then simply click Open Script.

Khan6195

Michael Jackson Died. Parté!
Years
Hey, I need some help >.<
1. When I batch compile, it says "Too less parameters on line 6 (sometimes 7). The correct number is 2.

Help? :)

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey, I need some help >.<
1. When I batch compile, it says "Too less parameters on line 6 (sometimes 7). The correct number is 2.

Help? :)

XSE tells you what the problem is and where is it. Before posting, have you bothered pressing F1 to see the parameters needed? Have you read the guide yet? I bet both answers are "no".

Years
Is it possible to change wild pokemon data (doesn't matter if it's temporary or permanent) through a script? For instance, something like this:

Spoiler:

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
Years
What is wrong with these scripts?
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x3e8
if 0x1 goto @done
message @introp 0x6
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @introp
= Where's that package?
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
Lock
checkflag 0x1022
if 0x1 goto @done
message @holdit 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @volg1
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @holdit 0x6
= I can't leave yet. I have to get\nthe package for Dad.

org @volg1
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1022
if 0x1 goto @done
message @package 0x6
setflag 0x1022
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @package
= This is the package that I have to\nbring Dad.\l[player] received the package!

They are doing what is told, but the text isn't showing. Btw, the first and the second scripts are level scripts.
Please help. Thanks in advance =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back