• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Crystal Shards - PCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
pcsm.png

Welcome to my thread. Some of you may remember me from my last game Pokemon Crystal Sun, Also known as PCS. Crystal Sun was never finished, I won't call it a failure for two reasons first I learned alot while creating that game, and second this game kinda evolved from it. Well on to this project, without farther ado...​

Region Map Goes Here - Need to make one still.

The Niak Region: Thousands of years ago there was a Pokémon so powerful it created the Niak Region it was known as the Creator. The Niak region is lush & green with its fair share of mountains, forest, oceans and caves. He also created 3 Guardians one of Fire, water, and nature these guardians watched over the region and lived in peace and harmony with the people. The people worshipped the guardians even built shrines for them and offered them gifts and in return the guardians made life easy. As time went by the Niak region began to expand, the more it expanded the more the people would develop/use technology to keep up with the changes. People eventually became so dependent on technology that they forgot about the guardians. This enraged the guardians they eventually started to bring chaos to the Niak region. The water guardian flooded villages, the fire guardian set ablaze villages, the nature guardian made forests appear in the middle of the villages. But since each element would cancel out the other, the guardians eventually started fighting each other. Each one trying to earn back the people's love and respect for themselves but their feud became so out of control that the creator could no longer sit back and watch them destroy his creation, so he stepped in, alone he struggled to defeat the three raging Pokémon after a long battle he had finally won, he created crystal shards from his body and sealed the guardians power inside the crystals, powerless each guardian fled to their elements and would enter what is said to be an eternal slumber. With its last bit of energy the creator then let out a huge blast of light; it and all three crystal shards had disappeared.

The Legend: It's said if the shards are found and placed on shrines built to worship the Pokémon the guardians would regain their power and only answer to the person who placed the shard on the shrine. The legend also says if all three are awakened at once, again there will be chaos; if they aren't stopped the region will be destroyed. Of course this is all just a legend, in fact no one had ever found these crystals, and most said they didn't exist, until today…

Features:
  • New characters & storyline
  • 4 new Pokémon
  • New abilities, moves and items
  • Two new, more passionately evil teams
  • New Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Champion
Screens:
capture0002u.jpg
capture001j.png

Here is the new quick nav system, its still in development about 50% Complete

Wanted:
Spriter - Trainer battle Sprites, Trainer Overworlds & Fakemon skills a must.
I really just need a few spriters but any other help is good too...

Credits:
Poccil - Essentials
Wichu - HGSS Ow's
Kyledove & Newtiteaf - Tiles
LostSoulsDev - Quick Nav

If I left anyone out let me know...

Update:

Last edited:
Years
Looking good so far!
I'm liking the detail that the sort of 'legend' went into.
The storyline looks pretty good so far too, nice job :D

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Nice D/P System. Looks good !
But I think it's better when you change the Pokémon Battle Sprites.

Gigatom~

KingCharizard

Years
Thanks guys. I actually resized and modified most of the battle system script. I am almost done fixing the mouse controls

Edit: A quick little update, created a stand in graphic so the bottom screen doesnt look so dull for right now

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kininja

Where is Wally?
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2011
capture005v.png

The POkemon's Sprites look bad
You must of shrunk them or suming
... ?
Fix it :)
ANyway it looks good

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
...This game... really? You seem like you know how to use RMXP, but then WHY are you making a game that's so... so... boring? I mean in. There is absolutely nothing in this plot that makes the game any different from the other fangames. You've got your "evil team wants to capture the legendaries and use them to rule the world/accomplish asinine goal" plot, your all-new region furnished in the same kyletiles everyone else uses, your "features" which might as well be copy-pasted from another Showcase game, and your utterly pointless dualscreen.

Is there ANYTHING that would actually make people want to play this? :/

(also, you might want to have your storyline text not be too light to read without highlighting it)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
...This game... really? You seem like you know how to use RMXP, but then WHY are you making a game that's so... so... boring? I mean in. There is absolutely nothing in this plot that makes the game any different from the other fangames. You've got your "evil team wants to capture the legendaries and use them to rule the world/accomplish asinine goal" plot, your all-new region furnished in the same kyletiles everyone else uses, your "features" which might as well be copy-pasted from another Showcase game, and your utterly pointless dualscreen.

Is there ANYTHING that would actually make people want to play this? :/

(also, you might want to have your storyline text not be too light to read without highlighting it)

Something about the storyline actually strikes my fancy, but I can't quite put my finger on it. And yeah I agree, why did he put it in yellow font?
----------------------------------
@kingcharizard
This plot would only work for an 80+ fakemon game, yours is not, so I might refrain from paying attention to this game. Also Crystal Shards sounds like a remake. Give it a better name. And I'm sick of seeing games with "Oh around 10 fakemon". You either go full fakemon or not. I prefer fakemon games, although many others dislike them. That's all I have to say/

KingCharizard

Years
I don't have a spriter so I am not certain id I will even have any fakemon but if I do get one I don't want to ask them to do a lot. About the plot Its what u don't see that makes it interesting. This is still early in development that's why its in the drawing board. Things will develop and change.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
I have to agree with Zephyr.
There's nothing to this game that really makes people want to play it.

The graphics are really outdated.
You may want to go with somebody else's tiles. Just browse deviantart for some new Pokémon tiles that you can use.

And the dual screen could use some work graphically.
The bottom screen of the battle system doesn't look that great, and you should really stretch the cursor 2x.

KingCharizard

Years
"Graphics are really outdated" funny seeing how its all forth gen graphics... I won't use another tileset kyles tiles are fine. But thanks for the coments

Last edited:

Esmas

General
Years
Yes, the graphics are outdated. By that, everyone means that they're used by 80-90% of all of the fangames I've seen here, and it really bothers me that you use them with the saturated, official game sprites; there's too much of a contrast there. Oh, and I'm sorry, but due to the extremely light font, I can't read your thread :P

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Might be just me, but I'm pretty sure your not allowed to bump your own project unless you have some sort of 'update' for the forum.
Not 100% sure.
And I reckon your just bumping this because someone else's project has the same name as yours.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Might be just me, but I'm pretty sure your not allowed to bump your own project unless you have some sort of 'update' for the forum.
Not 100% sure.
And I reckon your just bumping this because someone else's project has the same name as yours.

No, just no. He's bumping it and does have updates as he's change the whole of his first post, so it's legit. But nice assumption you made as he was planning to restart his game before that thread was even up.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
No, just no. He's bumping it and does have updates as he's change the whole of his first post, so it's legit. But nice assumption you made as he was planning to restart his game before that thread was even up.

He could of at least said he updated the first post.

And, unlike some, I'm not a mind reader so I can't tell if someone is thinking to bring there project back when a project with the same name pops up.

KingCharizard

Years
He could of at least said he updated the first post.

And, unlike some, I'm not a mind reader so I can't tell if someone is thinking to bring there project back when a project with the same name pops up.

What was the point of you mini modding in the first place, i bumped the thread i know the rules of course i updated the first post, and since it was bumped you should know the first post was updated, i shouldn't have to mention i have. seriously if your not gonna comment on my story/plot then why comment? why stir up drama, jesus... yes the first post was updated and i'll have screens shortly...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
You couldn't have known that, of course. I knew it because KC posted it on another website( the one in my signature ) and he said he'd be restarting that project. Anyway, you could have taken a look at the first post to see that he did edit it today.
So it's all cool :3
Good to see it here KC.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
why stir up drama, jesus.
Every post I see you post, you start being an @$$. Just calm down and relax, there's no need to get angry for a misunderstanding.

Your sprites do seem really outdated. As for your navigation system, it looks pretty good. You should add color to it though, because I don't tell what it is unless I put my head up against the screen.

As for your story, nice. I can't believe no one thought of elemental legendaries... And I thought that Game Freak already thought of everything. There's nothing I should say more, I'm liking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back