• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
That would be an obvious approach, although, I was thinking of incorporating gyms there; since the idea's not impossible, on account of there's technically a gym in Phanac City. Eh, but it's all still under planning; I haven't gotten that far yet; I was just wondering if anyone would be interested~

I think the authentic region would be simpler to do. u___u;

Years
I have never played Orre before, but I did read some Orre-based fanfics to know that there's a desert. Oh wait, I think the whole thing's a desert. xD /shot

I think an authentic region would definitely be much simpler to do. What's more, it's much more fun to let your creative juices run wild with cities and landmarks. I'm sure I had a great time mapping Lementos. XD Maybe I should do that again sometime. ;_;

Also, while I was sitting at work thinking about RP's based in the real world I somehow thought of something. What would you guys think of an RP about a cyber attack hitting all of the major governments at once and the RPer's, a set of people say 18 - 24 years old who are apart of an elite force of computer hackers as well as fighters are sent to find out and stop the attack?
Another idea is based on an attack on Berlin, Washington D.C., and several other cities, provoking a WW3 possibly and you would be soldiers in one of 3 governments fighting to protect?
I think I've heard the first idea from a TV show but just not young people, probably late 20s to mid 30s. xD You would have to tell the RPers their job as a hacker because I don't think many of us are really hackers irl. XD

The other idea of WW3 is like X-Men First Class. Personally I don't like war RPs so I've not much to say. But yes it's like X-Men; Russia versus America and the mutants trying to stop the war. =3

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@ThemeSongDiscussion: I find it fun... occasionally. Sometimes it's just frustrating though |3

@Supervegeta: Thank you kindly. x3 School RPs are always a popular, humble idea, but it's very rare for a seasoned RPer to get behind one and make it work. In my experience they tend to die early. I'm sure LawOfTheLand could attest to that.

Regardless, I"m sure all the members of PTA know how proud I am of the group and how much I appreciate their effort to stay active.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@Nakuzami: I really like the idea of the six RPs (I actually thunk something like this up earlier in my RPing career, and if you want to see it, I'd be glad to show you), and I think it could be great and I'd like to offer Co-GMing with RHCP for Kanto, if it's not a problem…

With that said, I do have a couple of suggestions:
Spoiler:

Phew, now that that's out of the way… I heard that a certain Digimon RP is dying, and I was thinking about starting a Digimon RP myself, so would you neglected RPers be willing to jump ship?
;)

EDIT: Regarding Theme Songs… they're horrible, I'm sorry. They have nothing to do with the actual RP, they're bothersome to find, NO ONE listens to any theme songs but their own, and it's a huge waste of time + the bane of my existence… so no. I'm not a fan.

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
@Skymin: An RP about something that really happened MIGHT work, but I think something based (not entirely the same) on a true event might be more popular.

@Current Discussion: Personally, I like it. The hard part is actually finding a theme song, since I wouldn't know too many, but once you find one that fits, it may as well replace the Personality section.

@Miss Doronjo: I actually see that going somewhere. The Orre region is very interesting, and we could make a Pokemon Rangers RP from it. That could be very interesting.

@Drunk: I disagree with your first point, who said anything about a tournament? I don't like it. Because it's stupid that right after eradicating an evil bunch after a huge war, things can just go back to normal really quick and a tournament can begin.

I also disagree with your second point. This RP(s) is about a war between the regions caused by the treachery of five different teams working together. Each RP features a group named 'The Protectors' setting out to reveal the team that is respective to their region's plot. (Example, Unova Protectors bust Team Plasma, Hoenn Protectors bust Team Magma/Aqua) So it isn't really THAT much of a Journey RP, actually I don't know what to call it.

As for the rest of your points, you're completely reshaping what we've been working on, and I frankly don't support the idea.

Just trying to be professional here.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I like drunk's suggestions. Sounds doable and a lot like the Pokémon Special/Adventures Manga ^^ *only recently read the DP arc*

I'm not a fan of war RPs, but maybe that's because I'm a sucker for journey RPs with building a team and all rather than just playing with what you've got.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
What does everyone think about having to pick theme songs for SUs?

I like it. I have a lot of songs that I like to associate with RPs or characters, and I thin it gives a nice extra dimension when imagining the character :3

Yeah, I like picking them too because sometimes there are songs that fit the character perfectly.

EDIT: That post i just made was #666 o_o

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
@RHCP: It's not really a war RP, because you're not fighting in the war. You're trying to find out the truth. Trying to defeat the teams. And I think we can build teams in it, it would be a nice addition.

@Pokemongarnet: Congratz! Be expecting the devil me at your doorstep in three...two...one...

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@Wymsical: So is it a war RP, or not? I really feel that if anything that should be clear… :P

Like RHCP I'm a big fan of PokéSpe, and the RP I mentioned having made earlier was based off of those, so I'm sorry if it doesn't fit with your idea of what the RPs should look like, but you shouldn't be so quick to shoot down other people's ideas… especially if you didn't understand the main point… :\

Anyways, I don't think it would make sense for the RPers to save the world and go back to the tournament like nothing happened (like you said), that's why I tried to make it clear that Arceus' plates would all come together during the tournament, which means that:
  1. the best trainers in the world will be there,
  2. the bad people will go there,
  3. the good people will be there,
  4. Arceus (if he is chosen as a main plot device) will appear there, and
  5. it will still make sense considering the canon story.
But these things will occur simultaneously with said tournament, not after or before.

Anyways, regardless of what the plot ends up looking like, my main point really is that only three people should be allowed per region, like someone else pointed out, bringing thirty people into the same thread would be a bit… cluttered.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
In that case I demand to be a player in the Johto region! /shifty eyes
Come here, Cyndaquil, Sneasel and Flaaffy!~

Gawd it feels good that journey RPs are alive again.... /knows some people who think journey RPs are beginner's stuff and a sign of a decaying RP Corner - which is so not true ofc

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years

Gawd it feels good that journey RPs are alive again.... /knows some people who think journey RPs are beginner's stuff and a sign of a decaying RP Corner - which is so not true ofc

Pssht, have they read some of the posts in a journey roleplay? Some of those are the stuff that novels are made off.

I'm really glad that they're starting again as well, I'm dying to be apart of a journey one myself, though GM-ing one is a lot of fun as well.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
I love PokeSpe and I like what you have suggested so far drunk. Only three people per region sounds good to me it would control the amount of people. If it ends up like that I would love to be the Snivy trainer but hey anything could happen. I really enjoy journey rps.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Regarding based on real events, how about 9-11, the great depression, terrorist attack, some kind of fall of man? 9-11 would be real doable, actually.

@theme song question ; sometimes I have a song, sometimes I have none, sometimes I have several. Sometimes I base characters around songs, sometimes I create playlists for my favourite characters. Oh my god , making my playlist for a character is heaps fun.

Actually, to get in character and try and thing the way they do, sometimes when I go out places alone, I try to walk and react as they would. Take Oakley, one of my favourite characters, I stand up quite straight, make sure my hair is perfect an suck in beautiful surroundings, just as she does. I get nervous at loud notices, make my voice all gentle and fragile and I never forget my manners (which I don't do anyway!!) Sometimes I dress like her (which is hard, because I don't have a lot of summer dresses (aka I have none)) so I can just be her for a day. It's really cool, I suggest everyone give it a shot. It can tell you how different your character is from yourself.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
PokeSpe! PokeSpe! PokeSpe! Manga I couldn't finsh! Manga I couldn't finish! Stopped in the GSC arc!

I love me some Poke Spe, and this RP sounds quite a bit like it... a little.

@Skymin: Making playlists is really fun. And that seems like oodles of fun, to walk around like a character you have, but I don't know if I actually would do that because everyone would wonder what was up with me...

EDIT: Would the people in this giant RP be attempting to get the badges? I'm assuming yes but I just want to check.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@Skymin: Making playlists is really fun. And that seems like oodles of fun, to walk around like a character you have, but I don't know if I actually would do that because everyone would wonder what was up with me...
that's why I only do it when I'm alone. If I was with friends, they would wonder what was up!

I'm actually going Christmas shopping today for my best friend who I modelled Oakley's interests around so shopping as Oakley should be a good way to find something.

Last time I went into town by myself, I spent a little time as Kerin. I even said that was my name at Starbucks lol

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
@Skymin
I now have to try that. And I also thought of a funny scenario, what if when you were at Starbucks you ordered as Karen and then someone you knew saw you, and then they called out Karen for your order and when you went to get it the person you knew thought you stole it.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
@Drunk: I disagree with your first point, who said anything about a tournament? I don't like it. Because it's stupid that right after eradicating an evil bunch after a huge war, things can just go back to normal really quick and a tournament can begin.

I also disagree with your second point. This RP(s) is about a war between the regions caused by the treachery of five different teams working together. Each RP features a group named 'The Protectors' setting out to reveal the team that is respective to their region's plot. (Example, Unova Protectors bust Team Plasma, Hoenn Protectors bust Team Magma/Aqua) So it isn't really THAT much of a Journey RP, actually I don't know what to call it.

As for the rest of your points, you're completely reshaping what we've been working on, and I frankly don't support the idea.

Just trying to be professional here.

"Who said anything about a tournament?" . . . *Raises hand*

Oooookay, this is what I had been thinking:
This wasn't set in stone, but the idea was that tensions were rising between the regions. The threat of civil war is looming over the regions, but the war has NOT started yet. It is the duty of the RPers (um . . . I think we can just call them Trainers, rather than "The Protectors") to uncover the plot of the evil teams and prove that it was them, not the opposing regions, that have been causing problems, which ends the war before it can begin.
As for the sequel . . . this may spoil something (maybe, maybe not) but I had planned for the remains of the broken up teams to reform into Team Midnight (see The Lost Islands League) and for the RPers to be invited to partake in the tournament since they had proved themselves to be such great trainers. Due to the tournament rules, they'd be forced to leav their previous Pokemon behind and restart with three "Lost Pokemon" which will be provided upon their arrival. Also, the islands are in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, so they're quite a ways away from the other regions, so the tensions of that war never really reached the islands.

As for three RPers per region . . . er . . . well, I don't know if that's enough, but I guess it'd be alright. If GMs choose to participate, they will not count towards these three.

Oh, and a big no no to Arceus being the main plot device. Too cliche. Although . . . hm . . . if it comes down to that, I guess we could use him for that role.

I love how much discussion my idea has brought~! :3

@Skyming - You . . . are insane. Completely. xD
That . . . sounds like an interesting thing to do, though. xP

And as far as Theme Songs go, I . . . well, I do like them, but I don't like being required to add them, lol.
Like Skymin said, I sometimes build my characters around a song, or sometimes I just . . . well, that's about it, actually, lol. Other times I just find a song that fits my character. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@Skymin
I now have to try that. And I also thought of a funny scenario, what if when you were at Starbucks you ordered as Karen and then someone you knew saw you, and then they called out Karen for your order and when you went to get it the person you knew thought you stole it.
The funnier thing is that Kerin is a boy character, so it's a little harder. I hunch my shoulders and act a little standoffish. It's a lot easier doing it in public to people I never speak to every again. I didn't find the christmas present today, but I was very Oakley for a little. It was fun!

a good thing to make to further explore your characters is to limit yourself to an 80 minute playlist. Something that will fit on a CD. A mix tape, if you must!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
So somilarly, for the people like me who aren't very good in the musical playlist thing, how do you find and choose the songs for your character playlist?

Years
Umm, wha...? Whoa, hold up there guys/gals, are we doing a tournament RP? I'm kinda confused here, cos if we are then Imma go because as I've already said, I don't do tournament RPs. Yeahhhh. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back