• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Whats the least amount of pokemon you used in the Elite Four?

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Did a youngster Joey run on Silver. Beat entire game with just a Rattata. Was 60ish when I beast the league, but I had to grind to ~90 to bed Red.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
One of the only Pokemon I ever managed to get to Lv100 was Mewtwo in Blue version. I remember this because I spent an absolute age battling the Elite Four over and over again just using it in order to get it to level up appropriately. I was so proud when it got to that final level, and I mainly have the E4 to thank for it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
One; Blaziken in Sapphire. I had other monsters with me but I think I managed to use Blaziken alone during a few runs.

I once used a level 100 fearow just to see if I could do it without items.

Because fearow.
So, could you do it?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
One Level 100 Fearow.

Nothing much more to say here cos defeating the elite four is pretty simple if you ask me.

Years
I solo'd FireRed with Blastoise. It was the first Pokémon I ever got to level 100. With all the post-game exploring in the Sevii Islands and not having to raise anything else it only took me three E4 runs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
From what I can remember? Four: Bisharp, Hydreigon, Reuniclus, and Chandelure.

I've beat them with one Pokémon all the time, but I'm only thinking of the initial battle.

zypher634

zypher634
Years
ive done it with only 1 pokemon in every generation. lol

1st gen was with charizard red version : I have a video on it too

2nd gen was with typhlosion: it was like 88 o something like that.
2nd gen was with tyranitar as well level 100 and knew earthquake, crunch, thunder and fire blast

3rd gen couldn't go wrong with blaziken

4th gen I did it with garchomp: the thing is too beastly

5th gen I did it with hydreigon. its kinda cheap since it can take out 3/4 members easy with strong physical attk

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I usually always use a party of six. I don't think I have ever tried going to beat it with anything less.

I should try it sometime. Maybe I will use only two or three pokemon in one of the games where I have lvl 100 pokemon.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
When I beat the champion, I tried the pokemon league again but with two pokemon:
Torterra and Staraptor. Yup that's it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
To be honest, so far all 6 have battled, since my battling style I like to give every Pokemon in my team a chance to battle (sort of treating everyone equally) - in my Black2, I'll try for only 2 Pokemon both my Watchog and Mienshao are over leveled. Mid 60's, in that game, I'm about to reach Elite 4 for the first time.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
In White 2, I only used a Garchomp that I had traded over from a different game. I had her named Zangetsu, she was Lv.100, and the moves she knew at the time were: Surf, Draco Meteor, Dragon Rush and Dig.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Now that I think back, there was one time and one time only that I beat the Elite Four with less six pokemon. I had just gotten a Lvl 100 Deoxys and wanted to try it out so I beat the Elite Four with only it :3

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I did a monorun on Ruby once back in 2009 with a Whismur, so I pretty much only had an Exploud at level 50s against the Elite Four.

Surprisingly enough, it wasn't difficult at all. With the right moveset and LOTS of items, the E4 is a cakewalk, and even a less than decent Pokemon like Exploud can steamroll the E4 with no problem. The only problem was Steven, but Earthquake pretty much dealt with every Pokemon except Skarmory. Screw Skarmory.

I didn't even use hyper beam. The only STAB move I had was Return.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've taken on the Elite Four a couple times with just one Pokemon but I can't remember which Pokemon or which game or any of the details since I haven't done that recently. I'm going to try to get the medal regarding that in White 2 with my Cinccino once I get her to level 100, though.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Back in the days of Red and Blue, I used to use just my starter, the rest of my team was composed of HM slaves. xD

My Charizard was such a trooper, taking down Lorelei's Pokemon with Flamethrower and Fire Blast.

It didn't change with Gold and Silver. I used just my starter there too. My Meganium's signature move was Strength, taking down everything it hit. xD

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I used a Level 86 Empoleon against the Elite Four. I crushed them all, OHKOing everything with Surf and Ice Beam :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I normally use a team of 6 against the Elite 4, but Black was an exception, where I used 5 Pokémon to make room for Reshiram later on.

Back