• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Retribution's Sprite Gallery version »insert very large number here«

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!~ :D
Well, I was originally just gonna revive my old thread. But that's dated back to 2011 so I thought I'd start fresh- kind of. I might steal some of the newer sprites from the old thread just to buff it a little though. ;D Here is the old thread if you want to look at my older sprites, but DON'T post in that thread please. :)

FakeDex
Spoiler:

Backsprites
bronkey_backsprite_by_superjub-d5frnss.png
Bronkey Backsprite
sleye_backsprite_by_superjub-d4zce2s.png
Sleye Backsprite
hecter__s_backsprite_by_superjub-d4qauzg.png
Hecter's Backsprite

Revamps, fusions & re-colours
Spr_1b_001.png
>
_r_b__bulbasaur_revamp_by_superjub-d5evkvx.png
Bulbasaur revamp from Pokemon Red/Blue
Spr_1b_004.png
>
_r_b__charmander_revamp_by_superjub-d5evl7a.png
Charmander revamp from Pokemon Red/Blue
Spr_1b_005.png
>
charmeleon_revamp_by_superjub-d5fm062.png
Charmeleon revamp from Pokemon Red/Blue
Spr_1b_006.png
>
_r_b__charizard_revamp_by_superjub-d5fo3wk.png
Charizard revamp from Pokemon Red/Blue
Spr_1b_007.png
>
_r_b__squirtle_revamp_by_superjub-d5evlmd.png
Squirtle from Pokemon Red/Blue
Spr_1b_025.png
>
_r_b__pikachu_revamp_by_superjub-d5ewmzw.png
Pikachu revamp from Pokemon Red/Blue
delibird_autumn_forme_by_superjub-d5emodo.png
Delibird Autumn forme for the WPC.
blaziken_recolour_by_superjub-d5emo9n.png
Blaziken re-colour for the WPC.
fyrefly___yanmega_retype_by_superjub-d5emnpn.png
Yanmega fire-retype for the WPC.

Trainer Sprites
ff4b07a004394f9e55188a573a42eb32-d5nxo8y.png
Gym Leader Nora- Type: Normal
archie__prev__arc__revamp_by_superjub-d5o462k.png
Gym Leader Archie- Type: Ice
graham_by_superjub-d5ocuo9.png
Gym Leader Graham- Type: Ground
ghost_gym_leader_by_superjub-d5ofrmq.png
Gym Leader Melanie- Type: Ghost
758f7eb533dec205d78218ec1e5da97e-d5oym02.png
Gym Leader Willow- Type: Grass
d57c310a6f9efec0823f347581f31730-d5p4czb.png
Gym Leader Estelle- Type: Steel
b38e55de326341cd0e4fc5f2eb65a3b2-d5ux16q.png
Gym Leader Sullivan- Type: Ghost
7215c83eab61bf7a0f95d375fe063ccf-d5syutx.png
Gym Leader Drake- Type: Dragon

f547542d7c3226b06b1d339f1f14c82d-d5ud3e9.png
Elite Four Russell- Type: Fire

new_female_student_sprite_by_superjub-d5vd7t0.png
Female Student Sprite

Misc.
beetle__paint_default_colours_by_superjub-d57hmqc.png
Random sprite made on Paint using the default colours if I remember correctly. xD
toad_sprite_by_superjub-d4syq8c.png
A Toad sprite from Super Mario. :>
jalhalla_sprite_by_superjub-d5emnwu.png
Jalhalla from The Legend of Zelda.
froakie_avatar_by_superjub-d5vd7o4.png
Froakie from Pokemon X & Y
lizard_fluffball_by_superjub-d5why89.png
- "Just a little fun thing I decided to do relating to real-life st00f. :> Didn't take me too long but yesh. It's a Lizard "Fluff"ball. :P" Might be part of a series, idk.

I allow people to use most of my sprites on the condition that I get credit. :) If I do not allow people to use a sprite, I usually specifically say so. If you are unsure, just drop me a PM. :) Thanks for viewing my thread! :D

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Just two updates for you all. :)

One is a fusion used in the Fusion Challenge. It's Scyther, Scizor and Kabutops.
scyther__kabutops_and_scizor_fusion_by_superjub-d5gdl7a.png

The other is a new scratch sprite called Herbasaur, the final evolution of Lizleaf. It's also technically a revamp (although it's not an edit or anything like that- it's completely new!) since I did sprite this Fakémon twice before. xD

Herbasaur
The Jurassic Pokemon
herbasaur__revamp__by_superjub-d5gvdku.png

Grass/Ground
"Despite Herbasaur's colossal size, it is very gentle and protective of fellow Pokémon."

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Update everyone~
hornodel_by_superjub-d5h65fs.png

Hornodel (Horn & model- referencing its horn and how it's a clay model respectively.)
Rock
"Hornodel often search for clay to re-enforce or heal their body."

I've also updated the FakeDex in the first post. :)

Also, a new Pokemon and a new forme too.
koruptshun_by_superjub-d5h6qcu.png

Koruptshun
Dark/Fire
"Koruptshun harbors all malicious emotions and transforms them into power- however, these also serve as it's imprisonment."

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
This thread isn't too out of date (okay, it was from last year but late last year so it's not too bad xD) and eh, I'm too lazy to make a new thread. So yeah, here's the revival. :>

Some new sprites to prove I'm still alive~

magmug_revamp_by_superjub-d5wifl1.png

lizleaf_revamp_by_superjub-d5wids6.png

lizard_fluffball_by_superjub-d5why89.png

bug_evolution_family_by_superjub-d5w6tjm.png

froakie_avatar_by_superjub-d5vd7o4.png

Gonna add them to the first post with some descriptions shortly. :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Updated the FakeDex with two new revamps (Herbasaur, Purrn and Igstrike). Might start coming up with new Fakemon soon- kinda getting tired of revamps lol.

Also, here's some overworld sprites for Magmug. :) Not entirely finished it- gotta finish the rest of the frames but that shouldn't take long. :)
magmug_revamp_by_superjub-d5wifl1.png

EDIT: New sprite~

klaylum_by_superjub-d5wth8b.png

Klaylum (portmanteau of "clay" & "golem", although slightly corrupted/phonetic. :P)
Clay Golem Pokémon
"This Pokémon is extremely loyal and will carry out any command for its master."

Evolution of
hornodel_by_superjub-d5h65fs.png
. Based on the golems of Jewish folklore, hence its Pokédex Description. :> Thought it'd be fitting to finish off the line. I did get a bit lazy and did base both the normal and shiny palettes on already existing Pokémon- bonus points for guessing which. :P

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
My contribution to the Eeveelution WPC a couple of weeks ago~

minareon_by_superjub-d5x664o.png

Minareon (Mineral + eon suffix.)
Ground Type
Evolves from Eevee when ??? (undecided.)
"Its long tail acts as a metal detector and can easily discover gems. It burrows underground with its mighty claws."

Woah, still a bit quiet. Replies pl0x? :3

Last edited:
Years
If there's a problem I've noticed in a lot of your sprites, it's the shaping of the form. It's not that the colors you pick look bad either (though your darkest color choices could use some work) because your palettes always look like they truly belong together. But when it comes to the actual shape of your sprites, you seem very hesitant to try and stray from the very basic shapes. It's not a bad thing, it would just add to your sprites if you were to try a little more in that area on developing the shapes. Do you sketch out an outline for your sprites before you start? That can really help solidify the sprite in the end. The closest I think I've seen you get to better shapes I think are in your Minareon and Froakie sprites. The problem with Minareon seems to be the posing of the front legs. They both look very similar in nature, as if one had just been flipped and recolored. It might have turned out better had you made the further arm peek out just a little bit instead of as far as it went. Don't be afraid to sacrifice the uniformity of your sprites in order to create asymmetry. Sometimes what looks different and doesn't show can really change the way you look at a sprite. The belly seems to be another issue on the Minareon sprite, it almost makes it look anorexic. A slight bulge could give it that extra cuteness, but don't go overboard. The left ear (from the Minareon's perspective) could also use some work. It doesn't look like it quite fits on the head. You probably should have placed it further back so it seemed more realistic. However, despite those three small issues, I adore the coloring and concept.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
If there's a problem I've noticed in a lot of your sprites, it's the shaping of the form. It's not that the colors you pick look bad either (though your darkest color choices could use some work) because your palettes always look like they truly belong together. But when it comes to the actual shape of your sprites, you seem very hesitant to try and stray from the very basic shapes. It's not a bad thing, it would just add to your sprites if you were to try a little more in that area on developing the shapes. Do you sketch out an outline for your sprites before you start? That can really help solidify the sprite in the end. The closest I think I've seen you get to better shapes I think are in your Minareon and Froakie sprites. The problem with Minareon seems to be the posing of the front legs. They both look very similar in nature, as if one had just been flipped and recolored. It might have turned out better had you made the further arm peek out just a little bit instead of as far as it went. Don't be afraid to sacrifice the uniformity of your sprites in order to create asymmetry. Sometimes what looks different and doesn't show can really change the way you look at a sprite. The belly seems to be another issue on the Minareon sprite, it almost makes it look anorexic. A slight bulge could give it that extra cuteness, but don't go overboard. The left ear (from the Minareon's perspective) could also use some work. It doesn't look like it quite fits on the head. You probably should have placed it further back so it seemed more realistic. However, despite those three small issues, I adore the coloring and concept.

Thanks for the cc. :) I see what you mean- I also do think I probably could have done better with the claws or the front legs with the Minareon sprite, and I have to admit I kinda have a sweet idea of a pose I could try if I go back and review it (which I probably will). As for sketching out an outline, I usually do. It's one of the first things I do, but I can kinda see what you mean about sticking to basic shapes. I'll try and take that into account in the future. As for the Froakie sprite, I kinda semi-based it on it's official sprite so I guess that doesn't really count, but I think for the Minareon sprite it's because I was trying to imitate the anatomy of the Eeveelutions to an extent (I did use Leafeon's sprite as a reference) so that's probably why it's a bit different in terms of shaping. I'll take into account the stomach and ear too. Thanks for the positive comments about the palette too- I have to admit when spriting usually the darkest palette (excluding black) is pretty close to black anyway, making it a little redundant. I'll have to work on that. :) I also sketched out a couple of concepts for Minareon and tried to refine it before spriting so I'm glad it payed off somewhat. ^^

New sprite for now~ A revamp of Estelle because I didn't really like the old one. xD

bc5f1a9995592ed0bd3d481ba88aba10-d5x9nlw.png

C&P from a certain site *cough*checkmysignature*cough*

"A revamp of the old Estelle sprite since I found it kinda meh. I definitely like the new one more. She's actually holding her sword now (it's a short sword- that's why it's tiny ) and has ashield on her back. I like the palette more too. Anyway, enjoy and stuff~
----

Estelle- "The Iron Maiden."
Gym Leader of ??? City
Badge- Gear Badge
Type- Steel

Pokemon
* Magneton lv 33
* Skarmory lv 34
* Steelix lv 34
* Aggron lv 36

Desc.- Estelle is a very strong-willed lady who maintains both a family life and gym. She also has a deep love for history and dresses in a medieval fashion to reflect this. She is one of the oldest Gym Leaders, and her attitude and personality reflect this. She is very wise and is a refreshing change from the previous female Gym Leaders, as she has a very loving and kind attitude. At home she has her husband and her two older children.

THESE SPRITES ARE NOT FOR PUBLIC USE! Thank you."

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I redid Minareon. :)

Here's a comparison:
2dmf9c5.png

Also, another revamp (because I haven't done enough of course... ^^')
larvalite_by_superjub-d5xgiqs.png

"Larvalite (prev. Flugg)
The Larva Pokemon
"Larvalite's absorb nutrients from leftover food. They use these nutrients to grow bigger."
Abilities: Compound Eyes/Gluttony [Hidden Ability]

Kinda redo-ing the whole fly line. :) I like this design much more, and it doesn't look >that< different either in my opinion (it uses mostly the same palette too!)

As usual, give credit if used. :)"

Also did this because hey, why not? :)
how_i_sprite___superjub__by_superjub-d5xghxo.png

"Kind of a tutorial, if you will. Here's how I usually sprite. :)
1) I create the outline of the Pokemon I am making. I usually use different colours to differentiate the different parts or sections. At this point it is usually a basic outline and I may refine it later. I sometimes use Paint shapes and then mould them into more complex shapes, or I'll just create them from scratch.
2) I then change the outlines to an actual colour used in the palette. This is either black (if I'm lazy/haven't properly decided on the palette yet) or a darker colour in the platte (e.g.: in the example a dark green and red.) I also colour in the body.
(I've missed a couple of steps here, but next I'd usually shade in the body and change the outline to accomadate the shading. If there is anything I want to change- e.g.: the 'nose' in the sprite and the brown patch on the body), I will try and do it before I carry out the shading.)
3) Here's the finished sprite. :) This takes into account everything I said in the brackets.

Use this tutorial how you will, but give me credit for the finished sprite(s) if you use them for a game or whatever. :)"

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Revamp of Lamplite's evolution~

parasect_revamp_by_superjub-d5xlplo.png

Lumin (luminescent + vermin)
Type: Bug/Electric
The Firefly Pokemon
"Parasect's striking design and luminescent bulb are used to attract prey, which it viciously devours."
Abilties: Illuminate/Swarm/Volt Absorb [Hidden Ability]

Also, just before I go bed, here's a sprite for the Professor of my region.
The new one is the one on the right of course. :)

prof_maple__revamp__by_superjub-d5xmmay.png

I'll add a full bio soon, but his name is Professor Maple.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
That looks about ten times better with the fixes. ;3 Nice work. But in regards to Parasect...I have to ask: you are aware there is already a Pokemon named Parasect, right? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Parasect_(Pokémon) This one. Lulsies. I just find it odd.

Herpaderp xD I forgot about Parasect for a sec. ahaha. xD I'll change its name- I had a different name in reserve anyway. :3 I'm glad Minareon looks better though. ^^

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I will have to start from the top, and that's what I intend to do.

Yeesh that Fakedex is too big for me to judge, but I can judge that some of them might be really old. The only suggestion is that, the evolutions should be more 'evolution-ish', and if ever they aren't, then their pre-evos should be less of their advancements. What I mean by this, is, that some of the evolutions don't look very fierce, serious or grown-up, for that matter. It might be due to lack of good shape and elegance, the the good ol' eye-effect. But that's understandable, since they may be old and need revampments.

The backsprites are excellent, and I see no direct flaw, which is why I'll leave them off, since I detest backsprites in general.

Of course, I have inspected the backsprites prior to this post, and see that the shading given is sufficient and well-placed, if not perfect.

The Delibird Autumn forme is looking pretty much like... well, a Delibird Autumn forme, so I'd say that nice hairdo really sticks off.

All the trainer sprites are generally good, except the the Dragon guy. For one thing, 'Drake' is the dragon-type Elite Four in Hoenn (Duh, cuz Imma Hoenn fan), so you'd better change the name. Also, his chest and six-packs are weird, and he seems to be out-of-pose.

Will comment on rest later!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I will have to start from the top, and that's what I intend to do.

Yeesh that Fakedex is too big for me to judge, but I can judge that some of them might be really old. The only suggestion is that, the evolutions should be more 'evolution-ish', and if ever they aren't, then their pre-evos should be less of their advancements. What I mean by this, is, that some of the evolutions don't look very fierce, serious or grown-up, for that matter. It might be due to lack of good shape and elegance, the the good ol' eye-effect. But that's understandable, since they may be old and need revampments.

The backsprites are excellent, and I see no direct flaw, which is why I'll leave them off, since I detest backsprites in general.

Of course, I have inspected the backsprites prior to this post, and see that the shading given is sufficient and well-placed, if not perfect.

The Delibird Autumn forme is looking pretty much like... well, a Delibird Autumn forme, so I'd say that nice hairdo really sticks off.

All the trainer sprites are generally good, except the the Dragon guy. For one thing, 'Drake' is the dragon-type Elite Four in Hoenn (Duh, cuz Imma Hoenn fan), so you'd better change the name. Also, his chest and six-packs are weird, and he seems to be out-of-pose.

Will comment on rest later!

Thanks for commenting! :D Totally didn't expect it, hehe. ;) Yeah, some of them are a bit dated- I'm trying to update them all eventually. :D Just finished a lot of IRL stuff and I have a lot more time now, so hopefully I can sprite more again. :D

Thanks about the backsprites. :D I have to admit that I quite like doing them- I don't really mind doing them and hopefully I can do backsprites for all my Fakemon at some point. ^^

Yep, the Dragon guy is a bit bleh. Might rename him Draco to make it clear he's a different guy. :) It's like Parasect all over again hahaha. It's a shame the body looks a bit weird- I might try and edit that, as well as the pose. I might redo the whole sprite though as I find it a little too big compared to the rest of the trainers.

I appreciate your comment, and I look forward to see the rest of your critique. :D

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Okay, so the last bit is the Cute lil' bug. It's pretty cute and ten times cuter for something made with default colours xD.

That Toad sprite reminds me of the Goombas we face in Mario Games.

I remember where and why you posted Jalhala, so it looks pretty awesome, although you coulda put the awesome background.

That Froakie is a-dooorable! A clean cut for the hands, and good outlining.

The Lizard Fluff-ball is also cute, except it needs cute, puffy hands and fur (even though lizard's a reptile) IMO. It would be even cuter then xD.

I'm not gonna comment on anything else UNTIL YOU ADD THEM TO THE FIRST POST. xD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I'm back (again again again etc.) :D

More st0ffs~

eskinow___monstice_revamps_by_superjub-d5zylt1.png

Eskisnow (Eskimo & snow)
Ice Pokemon
"Their fur is often used to make clothing to survive harsh blizzards."

Monstice (monster & ice)
Ice Pokemon
"These Pokemon lead unsuspecting hikers in the mountains towards dangerous paths."
---
yetice_revamp_by_superjub-d601d4u.png

Yetice (yeti & ice)
The Yeti Pokemon
Type: Ice/Fighting
"These Pokemon pack immense strength, powerful enough to cause an avalanche."

---
babeel_pixel_art_by_superjub-d63drht.png

Pixel art based on Babeel. :)
---
eskisnow_backsprite_by_superjub-d63dsyg.png

Eskisnow's Backsprite~
---
dragon_revamps_by_superjub-d64vnhq.png

Terragon (terra & dragon)
The Horned Dragon Pokemon
"Terragon is the fastest Pokemon at burrowing in existence. It's said it helped shape the land."
Ability: Pressure/Sand Force (hidden ability)

Carcagon (carcass & dragon)
The Resurrection Pokemon
"These Pokemon lurk around graveyards, feasting on the souls of the deceased to become stronger."
Ability: Pressure/Levitate (hidden ability)

Titaneon (titanium & dragon)
The Metallic Dragon Pokemon
"Titaneon are covered in thick metal armour that is nearly impenetrable. Only the strongest attacks can damage it."
Ability: Pressure/Sheer Force (hidden ability)
---
tortosus_revamp_by_superjub-d66r65v.png

Tortosus (tortoise & colossus)
The Tortoise Pokemon
Water/Rock
"The huge shell on Tortosus' back is used for surprise attacks and camouflage from predators."
---
sleye_revamp_by_superjub-d67eeh8.png

Sleye (slug & eye)
The Slug Pokemon
Type: Bug
"The trail it leaves behind helps slow down any attackers by being extremely adhesive."

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
New sprite~~~

duodontae__qwilfish_evoltion__by_superjub-d68gb49.png

Duodontae
The Underwater Mine Pokémon
Type: Water/Poison
"Duodontae lurk deep underwater acting as obstacles that explode upon contact."

Abilities: Poison Point/Swift Swim/Aftermath (h)

Name origin: Qwilfish is based on the blowfish/porcupine fish which are part of the family Diodontidae- 'Duodontae' is the shortening of this with the prefix 'duo' included.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Backsprites. :)

pendug_line_backsprites_by_superjub-d6bep5f.png

Probably used a bit too much dithering again, but I based them on the FR/LG/R/S/E backsprites slightly (hence 64 x 64) and some of the references I noticed use a fair bit of dithering so meh. :p

Back