• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Fire Type Will You Use?

Which fire type will you choose?

• Fennekin

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Fletchling

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Shishiko

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Torchic

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Unsure / Depends on evolutions

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
There have already been several fire types unveiled for 6th gen... I'm the type of trainer who likes to have a team with very diverse type coverage (I'm sure many of you are as well), so I'm really not sure which fire type I should have on my team!

Should I pick Fennekin and cross my fingers for a fire/psychic type? Should I use Fletchling and get my Moltres on? What about Shishiko, possibly this generation's Growlithe? And now the event Torchic with the possibility of becoming Mega Blaziken!

I'm thinking I'll choose Chespin as my starter, and I'll either use Torchic or Fletchling as my fire type. How about you?

blue

gucci
Years
I think it's a little too early to call that one considering there has only been four Fire types revealed, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty more.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I think it's a little too early to call that one considering there has only been four Fire types revealed, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty more.

Yeah but most people like to catch their Pokemon early on, and it seems to me that all 4 of these Pokemon will be available pretty early in the game. If there are any more early fire types announced I would be pretty shocked.

We haven't really seen any early grass or water types! Clauncher and Skrelp both strike me as surf-only encounters, and Gogoat doesn't really seem like a good Pokemon to take on the Elite 4 so most people probably won't use him in their main party.

It's just weird how many early fire Pokemon have already been announced.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I really want to use Torchic, since it was one of my favorites before the Megas. I actually got a Shiny Torchic not to long ago in breeding. So I hope, even more so now that we can trade from previous games. However, I will probably change depending on how many for fire types come out. I don't see many more fire type lines coming out because they usually get the short end of the stick.

If Litleo turns into a Manticore (with a lions head) or however you spell it, I will most definitely be using it instead of Blaziken. I was hoping we would see the evolution of it before the games came out, oh well. It would be hard giving it a 2nd type since maticores have a stinger and wings. So it probably will not be a Manticore.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I don't like Fletching/Talonflame at all, and Shishiko looks meh to me. Fennekin is a big no-no because I like both of the other starters much more. Torchic is the only one I like, but to me it's like using an uber.. which I hate doing. I'd rather not the game be a complete breeze with just one Poke.

I personally hope growlithe is availible and if not then I might avoid these fire types altogether.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
For me, it's either Talonflame or Torchic. Doesn't matter if there are potential new Fire types out there, Talonflame is one of my favorite new Pokemon shown(I think I might be the only one with this opinion). However, after seeing the most recent trailer with Mega Blaziken... I just don't know, man. That Blaziken is a powerful threat with Speed Boost. Perhaps if I can get ahold of a viable Flying type I will go with Torchic. Otherwise, Talonflame for me. Fennekin's overrated.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Yeah I'm deciding between Talonflame and Torchic, too. It depends on what other flying types are available as well. I like to get a dual-type flyer so it's more useful in battle, but Talonflame's 4x rock weakness makes it a little less appealing since many non-rock pokemon can surprise you with rollout and rock slide.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Just to let you know. Shishiko is Litleo in english.

Hmm...I'm picking Chespin so Fennekin is out. I want my flying type to be another one. I'm not so sure about Litleo...Sooo I might use the event Torchic. But if Mega Blaziken is too overpowered, I won't use the Mega Stone.

It depends if they reveal more Fire-types in the next issue of CoroCoro or not.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
At this point, with the introduced Pokemon, I'm not even sure I will be using any fire types - at least not in my first run of the game. I may use Litleo in a future team (an all cat team - there are now 6 different cats so I can complete this team).

I'm guessing a few more fire types might be introduced in the future, I'll wait, and if one is introduced that I like and is a fire type I will use it. Sadly for now: none in my team
Spoiler:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'm definitely taking advantage of the Torchic event. I plan on choosing Froakie as my starter, so that won't conflict with having two Fire type starters. I'm not a big Litleo fan, so that choice is ruled out. I like Talonflame, but I'm sure there will be a better Flying type Pokémon of the 6th Gen.

Lol I like how Torchic is getting more votes than the new Pokémon...

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Torchic because I wanna try out this MegaBlaziken. Also because Blaziken is my favourite Fire-type and Fire/Fighting is a pretty useful type combination.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
Litleo, of course. When it comes down to it, lions always dominate.

Fennekin is overrated and flimsy. Torchic... oh please! I could get Torchic anywhere!
Flectching is a general Fire/Flying. Yawn, snoozefest.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I'm really unsure on this one, I wouldn't use Torchic as I'd like to use a full team of 6 Gen VI Pokemon on both X & Y, I'd pick Fennekin in Y so that's my fire type for that version. In X however, I'd probably want to try out Talonflame, Litleo doesn't really appeal to me.

Years
So far... I am thinking Litleo. I love me some Fennekin, but I don't see any Grass-types I like yet, except for Chespin.

All I know is that my first team will only be new pokemon, not including mega's since they are temporary. It's so much more fun to explore a new region using new mon's rather than being like, I have used this pokemon 1000 times, let's use him again :/

Guy

just a guy
Years
It's a bit premature to discuss what fire-type we'll be using, if any at all. Sure these all seem like early catches and potential Pokémon to have on our teams, but until we know all of the Pokémon available in Kalos, and all of the new fire-type Pokémon, it's really hard for anyone to give a definite answer. Let's give it a couple of months and then we can come back to this, alright? By then we can have a much better discussion in "What's your team?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back