• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
On topic of gangnam style, I just watched it once but I'm in no interest to loop it nonstop like some people. The comedy value of them invisible horses just wear off after you've seen it once in my point of view...

Also, why did OCC slow down so much these days over the years o_o; used to have like new posts once every min, or did we all move on to the IRC or what?

It's not a great song at all but you have to have seen it at least once. And you have to admit that the first time you watch it it was so ridiculous it was still a little bit funny.

I believe it definitely doesn't deserve the publicity it's gotten.

I'm going to go ahead and assume anyone involved with OC&D got bored and moved on, but you still have some newcomers, Like me!! and because of it maybe we moved up in the world >_>
Then again probably not

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
There's been only one time in my life I ever bothered watching MTV, and that was when I discovered Daria playing on it (ogod, and I can't even remember if I was still in middle or high school, I don't remember exactly when I found it). Of course, I also had it in my head back then that it was a "bad" channel due to certain other shows on it, so...I never sought after watching anything on it before then.

Or after then, for that matter.
Daria was the best thing that ever came from MTV.

Years
Also, why did OCC slow down so much these days over the years o_o; used to have like new posts once every min, or did we all move on to the IRC or what?

I think part of the slowdown is due to the fact that we have VMs now (which didn't really exist before 2007, iirc), as well as the fact that the rest of the forum is so massive that it keeps people away from the DCC more.

Years

It can be that active at times but, yeh, as Don said, with the mass amount of extra boards and other forms of instant messaging, it has taken a bit of a hit.​

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
A lot of once popular threads have taken hits. I recall The Count to Infinity being absolutely huge a couple years back but now it's pretty dead. Same with the DCC, even OCC in general.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
TCTI used be awesome, I pretty much posted there exclusively.

I could never keep up with a thread as active as that/old dcc these days though, I'm kind of grateful this place has slowed down as it's given me a place to post a little more regularly.

TCTI slowed down too much though.

Or the increase in members that can't hold a decent discussion, leading to them avoiding OCC.

This is what happened to OT for me.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I never liked those count to blehhhhh type of stuff or the one above. Its content never goes beyond what the thread title clearly implies so it seemed kind of pointless. Also I see that 22sa isn't here and he's the one who essentially bumps every thread XD; Indeed I miss some old folks... wonder where did Chairman Kaga go.

I do admit that the slow pace allows for more decent conversation. I can type something longer than a sentence and I'll be on the same page now at the very least. I don't think that PC's growth is slowing or anything, but I think that the growth is solely focused on Pokemon boards. At the very least, PC is still *the* place to get to for rom hacking. I'm pretty sure that PC is essentially the first result if you want to find any particular hack, and a lot of popular youtube channels link to PC as the location of download for any Let's Play Pokemon hack/mods.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
> the one above doesn't have a point
> it's in other trivia
> nothing in the trivia sections really have a point.

The counting threads are basically this thread but you're adding numbers to your post though. but since the regulars have been there for so long with almost no newcomers they've all basically gone down into a cycle of topics that aren't very different. ah well.

I like slower threads because stuff happened in other trivia that killed my liking for 'being ninja'd'. just ... no. no thank you.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
ya being ninjaed frequently is a bit too fast, but at the same time I just find it odd that an entire day can pass and DCC got maybe 20 posts in total XD;

I think that at some point in time, the one above had a point about pointing thoughtful things about the person above you that others may not know about. You can talk about your friend above you to introduce said person to other posters; standard icebreaker stuff. However, eventually it goes to "^uses black font" type of thing.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
Years
Got me my White 2 todaaaaay. Second game I've ever gotten on release day, the other being White. I'm in the sewer section right now.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Only beat first gym and unfortunately just no time to play it (but I can sure sneak in posts in PC in the morning during class XD)

Haven't really got games on release for ages... if anything, I almost always get stuff a year or two after release to wait for the game to drop to the magical price of 19.99. I already cried tears of joy in front of everyone, including DCC, when persona 3 portable finally got to 19.99. Too poor to buy stuff at their full price of 60 XD;

Years
I like slower threads because stuff happened in other trivia that killed my liking for 'being ninja'd'. just ... no. no thank you.

It is amusing when I see TCTI or whatever it is called (I forget and I just finished work and I am tired :() and the whole count has been messed up due to ninjas and everyone is arguing over it. Haha.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back