• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
How do I convert mp3 files to midi?

There are programs on the internet for that if you google MP3 to MIDI, but none are that good. The only way is to compose a MIDI file yourself that sounds like the MP3, or see if there is already a MIDI version by searching on Google. Sorry.

xxcandyvioletxx

Pink eevee <3
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Thanks for your help! :)
I'll definitely do that so that I'm not stuck in the house anymore.
As for my next problem though, I can't get through route 2 without going into the house....So does anyone know how to help me in that area as far as the advance map portion of my question goes?

SO.....I still really, really need help with this...Please, anyone! I'm desperate. haha.

Ptzery

Skitty trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
Does anyone know of a sprite editor for stuff like grass and trees?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Is there a tool or relatively simple way to edit which pokemon can learn move tutor moves in firered?

Unfortunately no, everything has to be done by hand in a HEX editor. This post shows you how to go about doing it if you're still interested though (down in the Tips and Tricks section).

The best one I've found is YAPE. (yet another pokemon editor)

YAPE doesn't have a way to change which move tutor moves can be taught to Pokemon...

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
YAPE doesn't have a way to change which move tutor moves can be taught to Pokemon...

o_O

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here but... ?

yapepic_zps0492002e.png

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Fire Red question.

I have added npc's that give the player the Mystic and Aurora tickets, but how can i get the sailor in Vermillion to notice i have them?

Thank you.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Fire Red question.

I have added npc's that give the player the Mystic and Aurora tickets, but how can i get the sailor in Vermillion to notice i have them?

Thank you.

Just looking at the script, for the Mystic Ticket to work, flag 0x2F0 needs to be clear. For the Aurora Ticket, flag 0x2F1 needs to be clear. So, just clear those flags when the item is given and you should be all set.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
I've inserted about 30 new sprites so far, and then I get to a Drapion sprite, and it breaks.

What I mean by that is, when I look at it in-game, it's not a Drapion. At first, it's a blank sprite. However, I went to another Pokemon (Lucario, in this case) and back to Drapion. The sprite became that of Lucario's with Drapion's palette.

I'm not sure what happened, since all of the other sprites have worked fine thus far.

Fire Red, if it matters.

karatekid552

Years
I've inserted about 30 new sprites so far, and then I get to a Drapion sprite, and it breaks.

What I mean by that is, when I look at it in-game, it's not a Drapion. At first, it's a blank sprite. However, I went to another Pokemon (Lucario, in this case) and back to Drapion. The sprite became that of Lucario's with Drapion's palette.

I'm not sure what happened, since all of the other sprites have worked fine thus far.

Fire Red, if it matters.

Just wondering, what are you using to insert these sprites? I've had this problem plenty of times with Pokepic, mostly because I didn't repoint.

Okay, so I'm trying to increase the number of OW's in Pokemon Ruby to 255. So far, I've repointed the first OW table (at 0x36DC58) that is just 217 pointers in a row, (I also changed the single pointer that points to it). I also have repointed the entire table it points to (0x37????, the table that OWERE reads) and then went back to the previous table and changed all of the pointers to match the new ones. Then I expanded both to have 255 values. I also adjusted the .ini in OWERE to the new locations. I can edit the first 217 OW's fine, but as soon as I try to edit the ones 218+, I get a "Error #9; subscript out of range" error message.

I tried to see if it was poor hex coding by me, so, I repointed slot 255 to go to Brandons sprite and it worked fine in the game. However, when I went to look at it, I got the same error message. This leads me to believe that OWERE has a cap on the number of OW's you can have. Is there any way I can remove this?

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Hacked unLZ.

I'm pretty sure I repointed correctly.

Okay, I've never used Hacked UnLZ for pokemon sprites, only for title screens, trainers, and recovering broken attacks. For pokemon sprites, the easiest are the Advanced Series Pokemon Sprite Editor or Wichu's Pokemon Sprite Editor.

The problem your having is one that I personally experienced in Chaos Black, the first hack I ever played. When I opened it up with a sprite editor, I found that the sprites in which your particular problem occured, gave the error message "Data not LZZ compressed" and no sprite would be shown.

I would first try a different tool. If you don't want to, that's fine. Then go make sure the image is correct, (64x64, 16 color; every once in a while I would accidently make it 64x65 and that causes problems too). Then just try to insert it again at a new offset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back