• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Um, did you expect them NOT to release Groudon/Kyogre on their 10th anniversary? It's an event, thats like saying that because Lugia/Ho-Oh were available in Emerald via an event that there would be no HG/SS since people could just transfer them from the GBA game to their DS. Its the same case here, except DS to 3DS instead of GBA to DS. This is really just a download that not everyone will have access to, only at Poke Centres - not even an in game event.

It could also just mean that we wont get remakes for quite a few more years so they are trying to give them out, it doesn't mean no remakes ever - its the 10th RS anniversary, of course they'll give the mascots away.

Yes, in case they have been working on RSE remakes for the past 2 years and intended to release them in near future, I would have expected them not to give out events of the mascot legends on their anniversary.

So it really is conclusive proof for me that whatever is next, it will definitely not have these 2 fellas on the box.

Sure, there might be RSE remakes in 2174, but I don't see the point in discussing that.

Your comparison is doubly flawed. Emerald was waaay ahead of any aniv and HGSS had Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in them WITHOUT requiring event.

blue

gucci
Years
They wanted to do something for the 10th anniversary and remakes are too early, I don't see how this rules out the chances of remakes.. if we do get them next year then that's atleast another year before the remakes which is a year after these events, I'm just saying it doesn't rule it out IMO. I can clearly understand why you make think that but to me it's just a celebratory event, plus we haven't had a Rayquaza event yet..

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't think it rules it out. Because you can get Groudon and Kyrogre in HG and SS. In fact I think it could be a hint for RSE to be remade.

Years
They wanted to do something for the 10th anniversary and remakes are too early, I don't see how this rules out the chances of remakes.. if we do get them next year then that's atleast another year before the remakes which is a year after these events, I'm just saying it doesn't rule it out IMO. I can clearly understand why you make think that but to me it's just a celebratory event, plus we haven't had a Rayquaza event yet..

Rayquaza was distributed twice this year.

At first the Nobunaga-Shiny-Rayquaza-Event and the V-Generator-Rayquaza. ;)

So i think, we can be sure that Remakes won't happen next year.

Next month we will get movie news in corocoro.

So there's possibly a hint, what we will get in the future.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
So short of gamefreak coming out and saying "there are no plans for RSE remakes", you won't give up hoping for one...and even then probably not.

The first half of the thread or so everyone was stretching up the slightest unimportant detail and present it as a hint that remakes are coming, but when actual news appear that are putting the odds against it, they dont mean a thing and can be ignored.

Anyways,
Next month we will either get a silhouette of a new Pokemon or a hint that there will be one shown soon. Either way, its gonna be a nail in the coffin for remakes IMO lol.
There will be a new Pokemon revealed before February is over and that is not helping the case for remakes.

blue

gucci
Years
I don't think the movie will reveal anything, it's far too soon after the release of B2W2 which was only released internationally last month. I'm still holding out for the remakes before we see anything of Gen VI regardless of what's been distributed.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
What would be the point in making a game that you don't have to play? If you could just transfer your old playfile and beat the game why would you need to play it? Not to mention many things change over times and they tend to add new items that you will miss since you already completed that part of the story.

That would cause an error in data management internally as you passed events without proper items so when you go back to those points if you went in just for fun, you'd get locked out of parts of dungeons and events simply because you already completed it on the original game and the data for the new one doesn't show that you completed it with the new game, don't have the item to access and can't get the item because the script to get it was already cleared on your last save file.

Other than the technical paradox, they stand to make no money in a game that doesn't require you to play through to get the items if you can just port your save file over.

Each game also has its own GTS server by Generation. You cannot GTS trade a Gen 4 game and a Gen 5 Game even if you trade a Gen 4 or lower Pokemon with no new moves, Item, or abilities. So internet transfer cross Generations isn't possible either. I doubt they'll ever allow it either what with high probability of error.

As far as making a Pokemon Game as a DLC app for the 3DS or future systems, they could do that with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and forgo the Remakes if you try to think about that. They may make a little more money after converting the internal data to match the DS/3DS internal clockwork for the events as well as reconfigure the wireless capability for trading. If they don't try to change the Trade feature then we won't get them as downloads as Pokemon exists for the sole purpose of connecting two different people to force them to trade to collect all the Pokemon. That's why they release the Main games for each Generation in pairs.

So its a not very likely to ever happen in the near future sorta scenario as it kinda goes against Gamefreaks' reason to market and Pokemon's reason for existing.

I didn't intend for you to think that I want GameFreak to consider releasing any future Pokémon games solely as downloadable content. Nintendo has lately been publishing its games in such a way that it can release them simultaneously via both retail stores and the eShop. Add-on content like that which was released for Mario Kart 7 could easily be retooled to keep the digital editions of the game up to date. My idea about save files, though, wasn't thought out well enough to have predicted the problems that you brought up, XanderO, and I apologize for that. Maybe updating your copy of a future Pokémon game that somebody downloaded would allow that user to either continue playing their existing game without updates or start over and import their Pokémon as extracted from their old save file later–say, after the Elite 4 and the Champion?

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I don't think the movie will reveal anything, it's far too soon after the release of B2W2 which was only released internationally last month. I'm still holding out for the remakes before we see anything of Gen VI regardless of what's been distributed.

We have had something new revealed in winter before each movie for IDK how long. You think this time they will make an exception?
If so, then why did they rush Genesects reveal instead of revealing it slowly like all the main stars before?

lucaspontes

One of Them
Years
I also think the event doesn't rule out remakes. They had Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in HGSS, and now they have Groudon and Kyogre event... so what? They can make remakes and have them again. It would seem repetitive and illogical to us, but I don't think that's something they would worry about.

The first half of the thread or so everyone was stretching up the slightest unimportant detail and present it as a hint that remakes are coming, but when actual news appear that are putting the odds against it, they dont mean a thing and can be ignored.
Lol. You should know people love to speculate and see hints everywhere, and most of the time, they are quickly refuted. You support that the event means no remakes and you defend that much better than any hint hunter, but other people can disagree with you. No one is saying it can be ignored. You know that actual news are more significant than any hint, so you shouldn't worry about that.

As for the pattern discussion, even if they say there isn't a pattern, there could be a pattern. That's because they have been doing games for years, and they wouldn't notice if they were following one. It's the same as a person who follows a routine every day, if you ask they if they have a pattern, they will answer they don't, because they have grown used to it and don't see their routine as a "pattern".

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Keep in mind they might announce them in February like B2W2, there's still MD game to be released.
if they don't then maybe in 2014 the 20th anniversary of Pokemon, like FRLG 10th and HGSS 15th
Which would be an Emerald remake.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I also think the event doesn't rule out remakes. They had Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in HGSS, and now they have Groudon and Kyogre event... so what? They can make remakes and have them again. It would seem repetitive and illogical to us, but I don't think that's something they would worry about.

The thing is, this topic is interesting if the next games are RSE related. If something new is next, it will change things in one way or another, and this topic will restart afterwards disregarding anything that was discussed here.

My point was, if Kyogre and Groudon were gonna be on the covers of games in near future, then giving them out as events like this is the same as giving out Lugia/Ho-oh after the release of Platinum. And that jsut doesn't make sense in any way.
Im confident they would have thought of something else for the aniv, like giving out Cherish Ball something that would activate whatever in RS, you get the idea. Heck they could announce that they are working on remakes, that would be fitting too. But no, they give us the mascots instead.

Lol. You should know people love to speculate and see hints everywhere, and most of the time, they are quickly refuted. You support that the event means no remakes and you defend that much better than any hint hunter, but other people can disagree with you. No one is saying it can be ignored. You know that actual news are more significant than any hint, so you shouldn't worry about that.

I got a bit frustrated there. Because it seems like a no-brainer to me by now. I mean, wouldn't they throw us a bone by now already?

;B
Humans are conditioned to looking for patterns everywhere, because it is useful for survival and everyday life. This instinct is actually so deep that people will expect and assume tons of illogical and flawed stuff, while always being surprised when something new happens.

As for the pattern discussion, even if they say there isn't a pattern, there could be a pattern. That's because they have been doing games for years, and they wouldn't notice if they were following one. It's the same as a person who follows a routine every day, if you ask they if they have a pattern, they will answer they don't, because they have grown used to it and don't see their routine as a "pattern".

Sure,
the issue now though is that there were recently rocks in their way that forced them to adapt regardless of whether they were unintentionally creating a pattern or not (DS selling well, meaning they went gen V without new hardware, and having to finish the gen off without time for filler games). And furthermore, there is now an even more obvious hurdle that messes up the "normal" plan, specifically the fact that they will change over to new hardware, which should be a giant mess without starting a new generation at the same time.

EDIT: Gah sorry, my post got much longer than intended...Im just trying to explain as understandable as possible ^^'

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Yes, in case they have been working on RSE remakes for the past 2 years and intended to release them in near future, I would have expected them not to give out events of the mascot legends on their anniversary.

So it really is conclusive proof for me that whatever is next, it will definitely not have these 2 fellas on the box.

Sure, there might be RSE remakes in 2174, but I don't see the point in discussing that.

Your comparison is doubly flawed. Emerald was waaay ahead of any aniv and HGSS had Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in them WITHOUT requiring event.

I don't see your point. HG/SS having Groudon/Kyogre in them is more prominent than some WIFI download available in select locations so you could have just said that HG/SS were conclusive evidence of R/S remakes not being done as they have Groudon/Kyogre in them. So to say a random WIFI event is conclusive evidence of no remake is really silly. And why does it matter if Emerald was ahead of any aniversary? It still had Lugia/Ho-Oh as event legendaries which are more prominent than just a download on an anniversary like Groudon/Kyogre are. It's the EXACT same - Lugia/Ho-Oh in a GBA game to be transferred to DS, while now we have Groudon/Kyogre on DS to be transferred to 3DS. It's the 10th anniversary, how can you NOT expect them to release the mascots? They have to commemorate the anniversary somehow.

And anyway, who said we are getting RS remakes? We could very well just get an emerald remake. Just jumping to a conclusion that there wont ever be remakes is just farfetched.

Pokemon distributed via WIFI have NOTHING to do with when future games will be released, especially if they are moving to a brand new platform for the next game (3DS). Honestly, what I DO agree on is that its likely we won't see the remakes next - the most likely conclusion IMO is that the Gen VI pair are coming next so remakes won't be here for another few years. In the anime, Ash is already in the Unova League so his journey in Unova will be finished soon and they'll move onto a filler saga somewhere (and I doubt its Hoenn, all hints point to him going back to Kanto since Team Rocket went back there) not to mention all the event Pokemon for Gen V have been revealed so they'll probably reveal a new Pokemon in February which will be the star of the next movie.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Doesn't Gamefreak skip a year before moving to a new handheld? They skipped 2001 before RS came out, they skipped 05 before DP came, I'm thinking they will skip 2013 and then release 6th gen in 2014. But since the DS is about to have the final nail hammered in it seems unlikely.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Doesn't Gamefreak skip a year before moving to a new handheld? They skipped 2001 before RS came out, they skipped 05 before DP came, I'm thinking they will skip 2013 and then release 6th gen in 2014. But since the DS is about to have the final nail hammered in it seems unlikely.

No release pattern.

Gen 1 ended in 1998 in Japan and Gen 2 started in 1999 So no year skipped
Gen 2 ended in 2000 in Japan and Gen 3 started in 2002 So it skipped 2001
Gen 3 ended in 2004 in Japan and Gen 4 started in 2006 So it skipped 2005
Gen 4 ended in 2009 in Japan and Gen 5 started in 2010 So no year skipped

If Gen 5 ends in 2012 we can get Gen 6 in 2013 or 2014 or 2016. Since we don't have a pattern to go off of it can be anything. If we get remakes, then we get another year for Gen 5. Though 2 Remakes on one console does seem a little improbable.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I can really see an emerald remake coming instead of RS. I'll be even happier with that, but I don't really like Wallace as champion...

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
They can make Steven the champion then Wallace in the rematches.

I don't think that will happen from an emerald perspective.

I know Hoenn is the "region of water" but I don't really think Wallace fits the champion role.
He was perfect as the 8th gym leader IMO. Juan was still okay.

Speaking of that 8th gym, what a ***** it was. Freaking ice tiles.
I wonder what will change in the future remakes, even if it won't happen anytime soon.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I can really see an emerald remake coming instead of RS. I'll be even happier with that, but I don't really like Wallace as champion...

They wouldn't remake Emerald and I have no idea why people keep thinking that.
R/S remakes with Emerald's additions, maybe.
But not Emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back