• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I haven't been shiny hunting much since early August so I haven't gotten anything recently. I started my first SR hunt yesterday. I might be 350-400 SR in by now. I am going for shiny Groudon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Hey everyone, new user first time posting.

I've been shining hunting since 2007 but I took a break from all things Pokemon for about a year just recently began playing again and Pre-ordered Pokemon X (Very excited for it!).

Anyway here are my shinies in no particular order: They're all 1/8192 odds)

Smeargle - Random encounter (Emerald)
Unown A - RE (Leaf Green)
Bellossom (originally Gloom) - RE (Platinum)
Raticate (originally Rattata) - RE (Soul Silver)
Golduck (originally Psyduck) - RE (Diamond)
Mewtwo - SR'd off and on for over a year, not sure how many SRs total. Too many. (Leaf Green)
Pelipper (originally Wingull) - My first shiny, random encounter (Emerald)
Pelipper (orginally Wingull) - RE (Sapphire)
Dodrio (originally Doduo) - RE (Diamond)
Registeel - 200-300 SRs estimate (Emerald)
Primeape (originally Mankey) - RE (Fire Red)
Luxray (originally Shinx) - RE (Diamond)
Linoone (originally Zigzagoon) - RE (Ruby)
Crobat (originally Golbat) - RE (Diamond)
Bibarel (originally Bidoof) - RE (Pearl)
Palkia 400-500 SRs (Pearl)
Meganium (originally Chikorita) 1100ish SRs (Heart Gold)
Alakazam (originally Abra) Game corner not sure how many SRs as I had done some SRing before I took a year break. Also my newest Shiny. (Leaf Green)

Lost shinies:

Arbok In the safari zone (marsh whatever) threw 6 safari balls none of them caught it, it fled. I died a little inside that day. That was a few years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday.

Basculin Red striped one. After my year break I started playing Black again randomly encountered it whilst fishing for new Pokemon to fill the Pokedex. Threw an Ultra ball (forgot that Basculin had a move that killed itself) and it used final gambit. I had a Master ball too...

Currently Dual hunting Kyurem in White 2 and Black at around 2500 SRs.
Working on reclaiming Arbok the past few days in Soul Silver using repel trick to the right of Pewter City.\

Wish me luck :)

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
Welcome to all the new members!

Working on reclaiming Arbok the past few days in Soul Silver using repel trick to the right of Pewter City. Wish me luck :)

Arbok is one of my favorite shinies. I dig any gold shiny. Because gold...is shiny.

I finally got that Sandslash during a ten hour grinding period waiting in a car. It's possibly my favorite shiny I own up to this point.

However, I'm at a loss for what to hunt next. I'm sure it'll come to me eventually.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I probably will not finish the challenge this month. I don't plan to play tonight. I'll try again in September.

However, I have evolved my Taillow, Torchic, Ralts, and Snorunt all the way. Haven't gotten Beldum completely evolved yet. Been playing though Black 2 with my shinies and a few others.

Hi can I join? I have no shiny pokemon yet but I am searching! I just hope my first chance isn't a terrible pokemon because if it is… well it's still a shiny

Oh and when you find a shiny it sparkles right? Because I forgot if it does and if it does will it sparkle pokemon black?

Yes it will sparkle if it is a wild encounter. It will not sparkle if it is from an egg. Even if it did not sparkler, most pokemon have a huge color difference and should be spotted fairly easy, but yes it does still sparkle if it is an encounter and it will sparkle if you use it in battle.

Icecream_pokemons

Y u hate on icecream pokemon?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
I probably will not finish the challenge this month. I don't plan to play tonight. I'll try again in September.

However, I have evolved my Taillow, Torchic, Ralts, and Snorunt all the way. Haven't gotten Beldum completely evolved yet. Been playing though Black 2 with my shinies and a few others.

Yes it will sparkle if it is a wild encounter. It will not sparkle if it is from an egg. Even if it did not sparkler, most pokemon have a huge color difference and should be spotted fairly easy, but yes it does still sparkle if it is an encounter and it will sparkle if you use it in battle.

Ok and can I find a shiny by just walking aimlessly in a cave or tall grass?

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The September Monthly Quest!!

The Black and White generation is coming to an end, with X and Y bringing us GenVI next month. To celebrate the ending of GenV, find:

1) one shiny that is mostly black, and
2) one shiny that is mostly white

Thanks to Latios Master for the quest idea!

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on October 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

--------

Shiny Litwick!

shiny Absol

Congrats!

Shinies I have: Houndoom, Ninetales

Currently hunting for Skarmory near the strange house in Black 2

Welcome to the club! Good luck on your Skarmory hunt!

Hi can I join? I have no shiny pokemon yet but I am searching! I just hope my first chance isn't a terrible pokemon because if it is… well it's still a shiny

Welcome! There's no such thing as a terrible shiny! :P

Hey everyone, new user first time posting.

Welcome, Kotomine! I see that you already have quite a few shinies there - may your hunts bring you many more! :)

hey can I join I just caught shiny nidoran male

Welcome to the SHC! Congrats on the Nidoran!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hmm Black and White pokemon... Absol will still be a good pokemon to go after. I already have a good amount of the white shinies. So looks like I'll be going after Absol. It's going to be difficult to get a black shiny though. Only a hand full are black 3 in which are evolve forms.

So guess I will be going after Absol still and possibly Zorua.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, coadyham24, Icecream_pokemons, Kotomine, and Shinyguy45!

Congrats on the shiny, Nidoran, Shinyguy45!

This week's random hunt is... Dunsparce!

Good luck on the hunts!

Years
Hello every1 new user here...

Not Been shiny hunting for long.. nearly a year now but have a couple to show for hours upon hours of work..
well u guys will know that.

Here's a list of my shiny's and how i got them ..

Shinx - Chained up to 40 in Diamond
Chansey - Chained up to 40 in Diamond
Ponyta - Chained up to 24 in Diamond
Starly - Chained up to 40 in Diamond
Bidoof - Chained up to 40 in Diamond
Zubat - Chained up to 40 in Diamond
Mr Mime - Chained up to 40 in Diamond
Geodude - Chained up to 38 in Diamond
Machop - Chained up to 40 in Diamond
Silcoon - Chained up to 3 in Diamond (Was just passing some time coz it was mins till it turned night as i was after a Murkrow and this beaut popped up )
Murkrow - Chained up to 40 in Diamond (Same day as my Silcoon)
Hoothoot - Chained up to 40 in Diamond
Phanpy - Chained up to 37 in Diamond
Buneary - Chained up to 40 in Diamond
Absol - Chained up to 40 in Diamond

Glalie - (Snorunt) Random Ecounter in Black (Shame it was Male)
Gyarados - Event in SoulSilver

Dratini - Traded

(Highlighted ones are still on my Diamond )
I am Currently trying to expand my Shiny hunting Techniques..

Charmander - SR up to 1000 atm
Caterpie - Breeding using Masuda Method on 480 Eggs Atm

View attachment 69495

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I am still hunting Groudon. I would conservatively say I am up to 2k SRs. I really want to get back to REs but I won't give up on this hunt until it's over. I really want to do a fishing hunt on my Diamond as well. Good luck with your shiny hunts everyone.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 18, 2013
Holy crap, I haven't been shiny hunting for at least a year and a half, maybe more, and I decided I would try and get back into it with having a lot of free time. I didn't expect to hit anything very quickly but I got extremely lucky.

I decided I would use the Masuda Method, which I used to obtain my shiny Vanillite, who was still sat in my party when I fired my White version back up. After a while of figuring out who I was going to hunt, I searched around in my PC and found a Driftloon sat looking a little bored. Drifloon was a Pokemon I used to SR for on my old Pearl version however was one who always alluded me, so I knew I had to attempt hatching one.

I filled up a number of boxes with eggs and made my way over to Castelia to begin hatching them, I had no luck last night and was feeling a little tired after a few boxes so I left the rest til this morning.

What I didn't expect when I woke up was to find anything, and as I hatched more and more, with fewer eggs left I was preparing some lunch and ready to take a short break before breeding some more later in the day. However, on the very last egg of my entire batch, she appeared!

Some quick pictures:

Hatched

Summary 1

Summary 2

I'm ecstatic I got so lucky to grab her so quickly, just counted the eggs and it took exactly 150. Now to figure out a nickname. I think I'm back to hunting! ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
@polarix Congratulations on your shiny Driftloon! I hope some of your luck comes my way. What do you think you are going to hut next?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 18, 2013
Thanks Eastwood, if I could send luck your way I would. I'm considering either hatching or encountering for Snorunt as I would love a shiny Froslass, but if I were to get a male one I'd be so disappointed. I'm also currently hunting in Slowpoke Well on my SS file, but that's going fairly slowly right now.

Good luck with your Groudon hunt!

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
Shiny Drifloon

Dope as it gets. I tried for a good long time to get a Drifloon, but I was SRing and got bored. Best of luck on that slowpoke hunt!

As school is getting into full swing once again, I haven't had enough time to hunt successfully the past couple weeks, I just transferred up all my gen3 shinies to my diamond game. Once I get my hands on a working camera I'll post a "family photo" of the collection.

Currently starting the prowl for a shiny Trapinch. Gotta love flygon's shiny sprite.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Geeeeeez. I have been gone for a long time. Sorry club. I missed this place and your guys! I see new members, as usual; I like. S'up everyone, old and new alike. Congrats on all the epic new shinies! I'm falling behind mannn.

I feel the need to explain my absence, cause I vanished in the middle of one of my hunts. Three months back I feel into and then out of some drama, had to move and find a new jobs, etc. But I am back!

Last we heard from this hunter, I was in the middle of hunting a shiny Horsea in SS through Random Encounter in the Whirlpool islands and shiny Torchic through SR on Emerald and Sapphire. I'm proud to say that I finally caught one of them, today.

I had two days off from work (as I said, I've been hunting this/these since three months ago. Well, four now cause it was in may I started), I spend two days going through random encounters in SS and HG. I didn't count the encounters, only the time. I spent like 12 hours yesterday, cause I started around noon and kept going till after midnight. Then today I started at... ...12? But I caught it around 7 or 8. But anyway! So, after months of looking, I got my Shiny Horsea. Luckily, no Tentacruel got in the way, but I did hope for a Shiny Seadra. Eh. Beggers can't be choosers, but the goal/aim was always Horsea.

As always, I jump the gun and start training it before I get down its stats when I caught it, but its whatever. Oh! And wtf!? I dont know how I failed to say this but, it also had PKRS. Don't know how or why! But I caught it, and it quickly spread to my whole party of pokemon. Then Elm gives me a call and tells me all about it, as if he is doing me a favor; and Im like, hello? Yeah, you're late Prof, my team and I already know whats up, we know the job better than you. .... Right! Anyway.

Horsea, Female
Ability- Sniper
lvl- 21 (caught at 19)
Atk- 23
Def- 39
Sp Atk- 36
Sp Def- 19
Spd- 33

So, now my leading party in my new SS reply are the shinies: Pikachu, Meganium, Dragonair, Umbreon and now Horsea. Horsea just replaced my temp member shiny Feraligatr. Umbra is technically a temp for my future shiny Larvitar, but that's a hunt for another time.

Right now, I am going to try to get back into going after Torchic, and maybe RE/repel hunt Vulpix/Growlithe in SS and HG.

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome, Kotomine! I see that you already have quite a few shinies there - may your hunts bring you many more! :)

Welcome to all the new members!

Arbok is one of my favorite shinies. I dig any gold shiny. Because gold...is shiny.

I finally got that Sandslash during a ten hour grinding period waiting in a car. It's possibly my favorite shiny I own up to this point.

However, I'm at a loss for what to hunt next. I'm sure it'll come to me eventually.

Congrats on the Sandslash, it's a pretty sweet Shiny. I haven't any luck with Arbok yet hopefully soon!

--------------------------------------------

Shiny update, finally got Kyurem after around 8100 SRs. So excited!

I can't post pictures since I don't have permission to yet, I will as soon as I'm able.

EDIT: Here are the pics. Not the best quality but it'll do.

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab304/kamakirimitsu/028_zps80d57dd9.jpg
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab304/kamakirimitsu/029_zps314da023.jpg

EDIT #2 Oh man, just got this beauty after I don't know how many REs.

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab304/kamakirimitsu/001_zps896411db.jpg
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab304/kamakirimitsu/0042_zpsf4b1ab56.jpg

Finally after all these years I reclaimed it. I'm shaking with excitement right now.

I also began SRing for Landorus a couple of days ago, currently at 300 SRs.

Last edited:
Back