• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
thanks swampert ur a big help to us all old gen hackers (that cant hex(yet))

Hacker01

I'm a hacking ma ROMZ!!!
Years
Not bad, I like this update. Works much better than your previous TM editor. Haha at your sig I did make karate chop into TM37 and teach it to Bulbasaur:D

Well done! Can't wait for more...

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
thanks swampert ur a big help to us all old gen hackers (that cant hex(yet))

No problem, it's what I like to do!

Not bad, I like this update. Works much better than your previous TM editor. Haha at your sig I did make karate chop into TM37 and teach it to Bulbasaur:D

Well done! Can't wait for more...

Sweet. Glad it has been useful to you:D

Any plans for a map editor for G/S/C, perhaps? Also, these tools have really helped me quite a bit. You're really good when it comes to making tools...

Well, there is already an awesome map editor called GoldMap, you can download it from my website, the link is in my sig. Thanks for the complement, I'm glad I was able to help you out!

Swampert 22

Years
Okay, the TM editor and the Item editor do not work. They load the data fine, but they don't save it. The item editor I have redownloaded multiple times and it just refuses to actually save changes to the Rom. Also the TM Editor doesn't work either. It will edit the TMs bulbasaur can learn, but it refuses to properly save the rest of them. Needless to say this annoyed me, but fortunately I figured out it wasn't properly saving early on, I had only changed them for Bulbasaur's evolution line. But this is a rather annoying bug and I hope you can fix it.

Oh? Well I did test it first and it worked fine for me. I shall try to re-create this error. Could you tell me please which ROM you used and of which language. Also please can you tell me which TM you tried to change to which attack. I can only apologise for this inconvenience. I shall try to fix it as soon as possible.

Please, tell me that your ROM isn't set to read only either.

EDIT: Man, do I feel stupid! I have found the bug and it is so simple. The matter of one single integer that causes data to always be saved to the a completely different Pokémon than desired! I am fixing it now. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, I shall credit you in the program!

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Years
Ah, you're quite welcome. Glad I could help.

Also, the changing what TMs teach you worked fine, it was which TMs each Pokemon can learn that gave me trouble.

The item editor was probably an easyt fix too. I'm guessing its just a problem in your saving script. Probably didnt define something correctly. Both of these happened with US Silver version, although the item editor did the same with US Gold and US Crystal for me. Probably just another careless error like the TM editor. Hopefully it cn be fixed soon.

Right, here is the update Download.

Please try it now and let me know how you get on. I would have updated it last night if PokéCommunity hadn't crashed again!:D

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hey could you give a link to that tabctl32.ocx
My computer needs it to run TmMaster and I can't find it anywhere.

Swampert 22

Years
tabctl32.ocx

Hey could you give a link to that tabctl32.ocx
My computer needs it to run TmMaster and I can't find it anywhere.

No problem! I did a quick Google search and found it quite easily. The reason you need it is because I used the add on Microsoft Tab component, which corresponds to tabctl32.ocx

Here is the link:

http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/T/TABCTL32.OCX/6.01.9782/download.html

Just download it and place in the folder with TMMaster GSC and it should be fine. If that fails try putting a copy in C:/Windows/System32

This will probably be a problem for many people so I am going to include it in the ZIP file with the program itself.

EDIT: If there are any more .ocx's you need post here and let me know so I can add them into the ZIP...

Hope this works for you!

Swampert 22

Years
I'm downloading it now, I'll test it out as soon as I get out of class and let you know :D

EDIT: Went ahead and tested it out since I'm in the back of the room. It appears to work perfectly :D Thanks for fixing the bug so quickly and for making awesome tools like this!

Awesome. Glad we got that cleared up! I knew there would be something that went wrong, there usually is. It should make hacking this part of the game TONs easier than before, as before it involved binary conversion working it out on a bit of paper or whatever. This does it all for you! Good luck with your hack and GET BACK TO WORK:D

Swampert 22

Years
Haha, thanks, and I will. Back to taking notes about World Politics. Good luck with your tool making, and if I find anything else that goes haywire I'll be happy to point it out so it can be fixed as well.

Sound fun:sleeping: That'll be great if you can do that, I credited you in the program anyway, so you can be my official error-checker:D

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
when i try to open tmmaster or itemed it says this:
Component 'MSCOMT2.OCX' or one of its dependenciesnot correctly registered: a file missing or invalid

all the other tools work fine

Swampert 22

Years
when i try to open tmmaster or itemed it says this:
Component 'MSCOMT2.OCX' or one of its dependenciesnot correctly registered: a file missing or invalid

all the other tools work fine

Oaky doaky. I know why, it's because I used a control that you have to manually add in VB6. Same as the tabbed control, an up and down button requires it's library.

http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/M/MSCOMCT2.OCX/6.00.88046/download.html

Download this and place it in the folder with TMMaster GSC and ItemEd GSC, aswell as tabctl32.ocx for TMMaster GSC, (link in an above post). Then your problems should be solved.

These are the only non standard controls I have ever used, (I think), so the two ocx files shall be included in the ZIP. It'll make the download shoot up though...:( 532KB. However will we cope...:D

EDIT: Here is the link for the program and .ocx files all in one zip Download.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Thank you very much!!

it works and its even more awesomer than i thought

and may i suggest a pokemon name or attack name editor??

Swampert 22

Years
Thank you very much!!

it works and its even more awesomer than i thought

and may i suggest a pokemon name or attack name editor??

Haha glad you like it. Of course you can suggest that, whether I make it or not is a different matter! Seriously though, I shall look into it!:D

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
the attack name would be more useful i think and i thought about item name edit too

zlayer200

Sw3den H4ck3r ;d
Years
error

i dont know but when i try to open the files (same error to all)
it says: "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registrered: a file is missing or invalid"

what should i do? please help

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2022
Hi there,great tools,Ive found them very useful and very easy to use

I was wondering,is there any chance you may programs a tool for GSC that changes how Pokemon evolve> I'm trying to find one for some long time,but with no success... I think I'm not the only one who can use this for his hack...

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Hi there,great tools,Ive found them very useful and very easy to use

I was wondering,is there any chance you may programs a tool for GSC that changes how Pokemon evolve> I'm trying to find one for some long time,but with no success... I think I'm not the only one who can use this for his hack...
Creating a tool for this would be unwise unless it could repoint data, either automatically or by prompt. Otherwise the tool would likely be unusable, as evolutions do not consist of a constant number of bytes—some are three, some are four. In addition, they are intermixed with move/level learning data.

If a tool like this were made which supported repointing, it would be able to avoid the above problems and allow dynamic changing of the number of evolutions, not just what they are. This would be extremely useful, but I don't know if any of Swampert's tools support repointing (having never used them).

In the meantime, you can edit evolutions in hex.

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hmm, that sounds pretty good. If you could repoint all of that data, like IIMarkus said, you could just add any number of evolutions to a Pokemon! Well, not any number, but you get what I mean. That would come pretty handy in the hack I'm working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back