• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along IV: A New Gaming

Bay

Years
So I don't think I'll be able to finish Persona 5 Royal for this month. I knew it's a long game, but man took longer than anticipated lol. Just today I finished the boss for Futaba's Palace and at the moment at August 10. Think I'll at least knock out all or most of August the next two days as I finished Futaba's Palace fairly quickly and plan to raise more of my confidant's ranks.

Might still mention my first impressions on the game on my journal...eventually lol

Years
I finished Digimon Survive and I have to say it was legitimately a fantastic game. If you like Digimon, play it. If you don't like Digimon, play it anyway - especially if you like Fire Emblem. I had fairly high expectations for this one and still left pleasantly surprised.

Years
June - Surrender Yourself

Just let it all go. It's half way through the year. It's all still the same. Who needs the added responsibility of thinking? Become one with the gamer cosmos and forego all your concerns. Surrender yourself to the whims of another and let it all slip away. Insert other suspiciously cult-like babble here.

This month's theme is a little different. For June, you must let someone else choose the game you play. Whether that means asking a friend or a family member for a recommendation, doing a group vote in your favourite Discord or even setting up a Twitter poll - whatever works. The only rule is that someone else has to choose your game and that the choice has to be made with intent - no RNG. You must completely put your faith in someone else's taste.

Years
Ok, I love this theme. I'm pretty sure what games I would get if I asked my friends, so could one of you pick a game for me? Anything goes.

Years
Ok, I love this theme. I'm pretty sure what games I would get if I asked my friends, so could one of you pick a game for me? Anything goes.

Send me a link to your Steam list or something? I don't want to cost you money if I can avoid it haha.

Also, I have been conscripted into an Infinite Fusion Soullocke. So that's what I'll be doing.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
I asked someone on the forums for a recommendation and got an old computer game called Tyrian, or more specifically Tyrian 2000. It's absolutely not a game I would have ever played (or even heard of) without it being chosen for me, and I'm really glad it was, cause it's super good so far! I'm nowhere near done with it though, as it's surprising quite long.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Well, I'm back, having finished Tyrian 2000's 'campaign'. (or whatever you'd call it, 'story mode' also works I guess)
I loved it! Coming from a mostly RPG/Adventure game backround, I never really had the chance to play ol'skool arcade shooter/action games like this, hell I never would've even given it a second look if it hadn't been recommended to me for this month's challenge. (big thanks to Fact Checking Gardevoir for the recommendation by the way!) I also had a really good time with one of Tyrian's bonus games called 'Destruct', (at least that's what you need to type in on the start screen to play the game anyway...) where you get to play as gun turrets and such battling it out against enemy turrets!
Anyway, I had a good time with it, now I'm done. Thanks for reading 👍. (I'm not much of a 'professional game reviewer', as you can probably tell lol)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Finished Planet of Lana the other day. Longer review coming whenever I next update my journal but the jist of it is:
31_16863657102035061227.png

Years
I'm not sure if I'll be able to write my entire thoughts about it in my journal, but I finished Project Warlock. It was okay. Not as good as DUSK or Doom. It felt like it tried so hard to be like Doom, but put emphasis on the bad things and mechanics of Doom, while also not really bringing anything new or interesting to the genre and barely having its own identity.

Years
July - The Sharp End

There's beauty in simplicity. There is fun in stabbing things. Swords are therefor the ideal weapon as they are both simple and stabby. Or something like that anyway. At the very least, there sure are a lot of games that involve swordplay. So, in honour of that, the theme for July is swords. That means the primary character you play as must favour the sword as their means of murder. It's fine if they have a secondary weapon or can also cast spells or something, they just must use a sword primarily.

Also I did beat my soullocke I just forgot to mention lmao

Years
Wow, I have no idea how, but gimmepie always finds a way to completely break my plan on what to play next. I love it. For reference, I was feeling like playing the Mass Effect trilogy, a boomer shooter Hrot and Doom 2016 and Eternal. Which are all focused on ranged gameplay. I guess it's time to play Star Wars: Jedi Survivor.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Hmmm… well I'm still trying to play gamepass games while my trial is active and it seems the only game on my "to play" list there where the main character has a sword is Garden Story so I'm probably going with that…!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
At first I was lost on what to pick for this category, most of the games where you primarily use a blade I've either played to death, I've already started a run through, or are strategy games where the main character uses a blade but many of the other characters do not... But then I remembered a game that I've had on my switch's wishlist for months now that fits the challenge perfectly!
For this month, I'll be playing (after I buy a copy lol) TUNIC, where you get to play as a cute little Fox person that uses sword and board to fight!

Edit: I was going to buy the game hard copy, but that (for some reason) doesn't get released 'till the end of the month, so I just got the digital copy instead.
I'll be starting my playthrough of TUNIC tonight or tomorrow!

Last edited:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
I'll be trying to do Pathfinder: Kingmaker this month! The main character the player creates is open-ended, so I made an Inquisitor whose god's favoured weapon is a longsword which I intend to use in a sword-n-board manner :) My biggest concern is that I've heard that this game is long and takes a while, so I'm unsure if I'll be able to finish in a month. Regardless if I do or not, I'm still looking forward to doing this playthrough!

Back