• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Trainer-Ken

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 7, 2011
Wow! This hack looks awesome :D
Can I make a little suggestion? Could you make the battles against Jessie and James Double Battles? It'd make more sense!

P_S_B

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Wow! This hack looks awesome :D
Can I make a little suggestion? Could you make the battles against Jessie and James Double Battles? It'd make more sense!

I support this idea. In the Viridian Forest battle, the fact that Jessie and James were using two Pokémon at once was specifically addressed in the episode.

However the Viridian City Center battle needs to stay single, because many trainers won't have a second Pokémon yet, so the game will give them a glitch Pokémon if they get into a double battle with just Pikachu.

By the time the Viridian Forest battle occurs, trainers doing an "Ash run" will most likely have Caterpie and Pidgeotto, and those not will have probably caught something else by that stage anyway.

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
Years
I support this idea. In the Viridian Forest battle, the fact that Jessie and James were using two Pokémon at once was specifically addressed in the episode.

However the Viridian City Center battle needs to stay single, because many trainers won't have a second Pokémon yet, so the game will give them a glitch Pokémon if they get into a double battle with just Pikachu.

By the time the Viridian Forest battle occurs, trainers doing an "Ash run" will most likely have Caterpie and Pidgeotto, and those not will have probably caught something else by that stage anyway.

I AGREE EASILY half the time they do use 2 Pokemon at once metapod23 please include this in the game if possible

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
im guessing that this hack is still getting worked on btw iv played it all the way through its awesome and i cant wait for the next beta if there is one :)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I'm playing AshGray 2.5z and I can't seem to do anything after the day care event where you give a Meowth to Timmy. Shortly after that area, there is an unenterable house with a sign that says nothing. There is no script on the sign or warp on the door (I checked using AdvanceMap 1.90) and after that is a big, open field with nothing in it. You also see the border blocks at each side of the field. But, there's nothing else there. Is this where the Beta ends? Or is it a bug? Or what?

aperso

Years
I'm playing AshGray 2.5z and I can't seem to do anything after the day care event where you give a Meowth to Timmy. Shortly after that area, there is an unenterable house with a sign that says nothing. There is no script on the sign or warp on the door (I checked using AdvanceMap 1.90) and after that is a big, open field with nothing in it. You also see the border blocks at each side of the field. But, there's nothing else there. Is this where the Beta ends? Or is it a bug? Or what?
it is the end of beta sorry we've got to wait for the next release

TO ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE RAN INTO A EMPTEY FIELD AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO IT IS THE END OF BETA SORRY
hey metapod23 i found a bug/glitch i was playing the game from the beginning again and i accerdently told pikachu to use growl then the speech came in to it [here is the bug] the name was oak instead of nurse joy

Last edited:

nml

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
Hi.

I've played 2.5 Beta, and I think I have catch few bugs.

- If you choose to play as a girl, you would have strange battle sprite.

- You should definitely do something with Abra/Kadabra teleport move, which not only doesn't work properly, but also is, probably, ruining some scripted events. For example, during the Squirtle event, when squirtle leader kidnapped your Pikachu you could teleport to Pallet Town (Did I mention, that teleport works wrong?) leaving your Pikachu to die. Sorry chu, survival of the fittest.

- If you are bleeding heart and decided to rescue your pikachu then you have another problem. If your party is full (except kidnapped and raped Pikachu) then after talking to Squirtle your have new, water type, addition to your team, have you? Well, I didn't have it on any of boxes on PC.

- After dealing with Squirtle, in Vermilion city there is a quest with some guy, who wants to see Bulbasaur. And there's a problem, he didn't like my Ivysaur :(. I mean, as far as I can see it was only side-quest, but I hope there won't be some important quests which would be based on assumption that I would kept my pokemon same as Ash in Anime. (Note to self: Check if evolving Togepi to Togetic would stopped Misty from stealing it from me.)

- At one point at the game I received a thunderstone. Guess who was the first pokemon on which I tried it. It worked, though other trainers still thinks I have Pikachu. Shouldn't pikachu oppose such treatment, like in anime, or even yellow version?

- It don't know if it's a bug, cause Zubat wasn't my favorite pokemon in not hacked versions, but at about 23 level my Golbat starts to evolve, only to be stopped after a few second with "....?" text. And that repeats after gaining another levels. Is it a bug or a feature?

- IMO you should add some (super) repels to buy in Celadon. Power Plant and Diglett cave sucks without it.

Anyway hack is maybe not the best I've already seen, but still was worth playing and I'm hope it won't be canceled like the best hack I've seen here T-T.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hi.

I've played 2.5 Beta, and I think I have catch few bugs.

- If you choose to play as a girl, you would have strange battle sprite.

At some point I want to remove the option to choose to be female, if possible - that's why I'm not bothering with fixing it.

- You should definitely do something with Abra/Kadabra teleport move, which not only doesn't work properly, but also is, probably, ruining some scripted events. For example, during the Squirtle event, when squirtle leader kidnapped your Pikachu you could teleport to Pallet Town (Did I mention, that teleport works wrong?) leaving your Pikachu to die. Sorry chu, survival of the fittest.

The reason has to do with the way I was using JPAN's new Pokemon Center warp commands - it will be relatively fixed in the next beta. As for teleporting and abandoning Pikachu - I'll have to think about how to rectify that, maybe by just now having Abra available to be captured before then.

- If you are bleeding heart and decided to rescue your pikachu then you have another problem. If your party is full (except kidnapped and raped Pikachu) then after talking to Squirtle your have new, water type, addition to your team, have you? Well, I didn't have it on any of boxes on PC.

Squirtle doesn't get transported to the PC, you have to have an open spot. I think I still need to fix it so that you can have access to the PC to clear an opening, though, and that when you come back, you can still get it.

- After dealing with Squirtle, in Vermilion city there is a quest with some guy, who wants to see Bulbasaur. And there's a problem, he didn't like my Ivysaur :(. I mean, as far as I can see it was only side-quest, but I hope there won't be some important quests which would be based on assumption that I would kept my pokemon same as Ash in Anime. (Note to self: Check if evolving Togepi to Togetic would stopped Misty from stealing it from me.)

I've seen this as a potential problem in some youtube video; the event gets you the Exp. Share. Maybe I'll change it ...

- At one point at the game I received a thunderstone. Guess who was the first pokemon on which I tried it. It worked, though other trainers still thinks I have Pikachu. Shouldn't pikachu oppose such treatment, like in anime, or even yellow version?

It would require some assembly instructions to do that - something I'm not very good at yet.

- It don't know if it's a bug, cause Zubat wasn't my favorite pokemon in not hacked versions, but at about 23 level my Golbat starts to evolve, only to be stopped after a few second with "....?" text. And that repeats after gaining another levels. Is it a bug or a feature?

This is a feature in Fire Red - it won't evolve into Crobat because you don't have the NationalDex.

- IMO you should add some (super) repels to buy in Celadon. Power Plant and Diglett cave sucks without it.

Anyway hack is maybe not the best I've already seen, but still was worth playing and I'm hope it won't be canceled like the best hack I've seen here T-T.

Thanks for the comments. :)

A small update: I've fixed the player's PC bug in Pallet so that it closes properly. Some new features that will be in the next beta will be: the ability to swim in calm waters; a (very simple) timed berry system at your house in Pallet, that allows you to gain up to four berries from your mom, one for each berry tree grown outside your house; a warp system that is gained after you get your eighth badge, to replace the Fly HM.

clacla$$$

Back in business ~
Years
Pokemon ash grey

medapod, i have a solution for you:

- After dealing with Squirtle, in Vermilion city there is a quest with some guy, who wants to see Bulbasaur. And there's a problem, he didn't like my Ivysaur . I mean, as far as I can see it was only side-quest, but I hope there won't be some important quests which would be based on assumption that I would kept my pokemon same as Ash in Anime. (Note to self: Check if evolving Togepi to Togetic would stopped Misty from stealing it from me.)

- You should use something like YAPE to make it so bulbasour, squirtle and pikachu cant evolve

aperso

Years

- You should use something like YAPE to make it so bulbasour, squirtle and pikachu cant evolve

it does work I used it on a hack i made before but there is a backfire some people will want the evolved forms so there's no point in changing it unless metapod23 finds some route for them

the event gets you the Exp. Share. Maybe I'll change it ...
@metipod23 i'm not but that might mean people will have to start again

Last edited:

nml

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
The reason has to do with the way I was using JPAN's new Pokemon Center warp commands - it will be relatively fixed in the next beta. As for teleporting and abandoning Pikachu - I'll have to think about how to rectify that, maybe by just now having Abra available to be captured before then.
I'm more into playing hacks than creating it so I hardly know limitations, but wouldn't it be simpler if you just removed Teleport move from Abra (and other pokemons who knows it) moveset and replace it by some other pretty useless move like: Splash, Growl or Hyper Beam?
Because otherwise, when Abra should be catchable? Certainly not before S.S. Anne Crash. (Oh no I'm on raft at the middle of sea, what should I do? ... Wait. Abra, TELEPORT!) I'm pretty sure that in future you would make many scripts which also can be spoiled by moves such as Fly or Teleport so maybe you should just disable these moves.

As for evolutionary forms IMO the best option would be to forbid them from evolving despite how high is their level at the beggining and at certain points of game (Like Aerodactyl encounter) force them to evolve despite how low level they are. This, of course, mean that you should disable option of releasing pokemon, and force player to have them on party before the event, which would annoy some player, but at some point you have to choose whether you give player freedom or you force them to go like in anime.
Still, as I said, I have no experience in making hacks, so I don't know if it's easy (or possible) to make, but it would be very much in anime spirit.

Last edited:

aperso

Years
hey metapod23 i thought of a way to stop pikachu bulbsaur and squitle from evolving but it will mean a pokedex reorder moveing richu ivesaur and wartoile to the johto/hoenn part of the pokedex but theres a backfire it will stop them from evolving until the player recives the natonial dex

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
aperso;6573100[B said:
]I[/B] thought of a way to stop Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtle from evolving
People want to evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle though. Maybe by changing the starters evolutions from level up into stones and have them given out at the Pokemon Fan Club in Vermillion City.

aperso

Years
People want to evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle though. Maybe by changing the starters evolutions from level up into stones and have them given out at the Pokemon Fan Club in Vermillion City.
yeah there's that way too or there metapod23 could make them catchable is the routes and people who want to follow the complete storyline and want the pokemon to evolve can evolution case closed

Years
A small update: I've fixed the player's PC bug in Pallet so that it closes properly. Some new features that will be in the next beta will be: the ability to swim in calm waters; a (very simple) timed berry system at your house in Pallet, that allows you to gain up to four berries from your mom, one for each berry tree grown outside your house; a warp system that is gained after you get your eighth badge, to replace the Fly HM.
YES!!! Finally I can swim in a Pokemon game!
How exactly would the warp system work?

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Good to see more progress on this metapod :)
I for one can't wait to play in the orange islands, but sorry for not sending you any re-vamped maps, I've been a little bust with a hack which you could guess what it is if you look at my signature ;)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
YES!!! Finally I can swim in a Pokemon game!
How exactly would the warp system work?

You'll only be able to swim in calm (pond) water - you'll need the raft (or later, a surfing Lapras) for most water.

The warp system will be able to be activated from the computer in your room or the PC in the Pokemon Center - you can warp to any Center already previously visited in the game.

Good to see more progress on this metapod :)
I for one can't wait to play in the orange islands, but sorry for not sending you any re-vamped maps, I've been a little bust with a hack which you could guess what it is if you look at my signature ;)

That's fine. Good to know you're still working on yours.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
I will try and do some maps soon though metapod,
I didnt notice the warp system, sounds cool as I hated having fly as a HM
Do you have any idea for the date of the next release?

KurcioDurcio

Attempting something new
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014

That would work but I think it should only apply on Pikachu, not everyone wants their Bulb and Squirt to evolve so yeah. Also, these updates are looking good. Can't wait for the next beta ;)
EDit; page 69, >_<

Back