• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Re-instate the name change feature

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years

Different cultures and countries have different kinds of football. In Ireland there's Gaelic Football, then there's American football, and International/'Aussie' Rules football. Soccer is a more widely understood term.
Checkmate, gin and hat-trick, my friend.

Good, another person who can't comprehend English.

http://www.olympic.org/football

I'd think the International Olympic Comitee, the highest authority in sports in the world, would know how the sports they officially recognize are called, wouldn't they?

And I don't see gaelic football in the list!

Last edited:
Years

Good, another person who can't comprehend English.

http://www.olympic.org/football

I'd think the International Olympic Comitee, the highest authority in sports in the world, would know how the sports they officially recognize are called, wouldn't they?

And I don't see gaelic football in the list!

Sure, ignore what I said. I don't care what the Olympic dudes say, I'm telling you how it is. Saying something's official doesn't mean it's the most common, Wentworth. But here you go again, leading discussion astray. You're a disgrace. I want name changes. Damn you all!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Why would you wanna change such an awesome and original username?

Also, if we actually get back the name changes, will mods with numbers in their usernames be forced to change? :(

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I think they should be. Mods with numbers in their names look unprofessional and noobish.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Why don't you guys try focusing on your jobs and doing your work instead of worrying about things like this, yes?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
+1 on mods with numbers changing their names. It'd be really awesome just to take the number off. Honestly, I don't mind keeping the Meganium name. I just want like... another name next to it like Storm, or maybe a symbol (a star or a heart). Those changes don't hurt. lol

Leafy, I am hurt by your post btw.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Welcome to the real world, Megan. This isn't NU/W anymore; this is the mod forum and people are gonna get hurt.

sorry xoxox

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Really, I think all members with numbers should be forced to change their names because ugh tacky, but otherwise I don't like name changes. I'm happier with them gone and it's too much of a strain on the server. Have you seen how much some people donated? Even if we opened them up a la carte for like $20 a pop, we'd still be absolutely overwhelmed. PC members are just way too ridiculous with their cash. At least people with numbers in their names are kind of derp anyway so they probably don't have the attention span for the amount of posts/blogs/VMs/PMs/whatever that would crash the database when we change their names. :P

(You can pretty much consider this the official admin position on this topic.)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Jesus Christ Tear, I can't stop awwwing at your themes lately XD

Also whatever Erica says goes so there you go guys. Can we go back to talking about football then? Bayern Munchen just pulled off a 7-0 just one week after Barcelona's 7-1 and I'm starting to guess the two teams which will contest this year's final...

Back