• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Ruby 2

Which OW sprites for brendan/may would look better?

• Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Firered/LeafGreen

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Customized/New

Votes: 36 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinta77

1.)I have Yape. It doesn't work on this computer. I don't know why, this computer is from 1999, so maybe that's why. But Yape, along with a few other programs like advance mart and that day and night program, don't work at all. Fortunately, i know how to edit the marts without advance mart, but for now, the tiles remain. Maybe I can get a hold of another computer soon and use YAPE.

2.) I think I might look into that. I'm no expert at ROM hacking by any means, as I'm sure you can see by now, but if I had to pick a strong suit, it would be scripting.

3.) Wally has no game.

4.) I tried to look at those earlier and I think the site went down. I'll try again now and see what I can do.

---

I'm going to try to add some new pictures tonight because there's a lot of new stuff :) I don't think I've mentioned it yet.. but you're going to be able to go to a few parts of the Orre region (so you can reach Team Snagems hide out) Consequently, there is an underground passage called "Lunorre" (In between the Lunah and Orre region) A major event goes down in Lunorre, hopefully I can add some pics of it tonight.

Finally, if I can figure out ASM, or create some sort of illusion of "playing as a different character", then I might try to tie the end of this game into the beginning of Pokemon Colosseum. So in this game, Wes and Rui will never meet, and you will get to see Rui get shoved in a sack ^_^ yay!

As for the name, I have an idea. What do you think?

Pokemon Ruby Version: Ready Orre not, here comes Team Rocket Edition

I know some people think I should stay away from calling it ruby, but most of the characters are from pokemon ruby, and I want it to have a Ruby/Sapphire feel.

Last edited:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
.....but most of the characters are from pokemon ruby, and I want it to have a Ruby/Sapphire feel.
And that's why you use r/s tiles and the heroes ! ( but heroes ow's are from fr/lg right ?)
As for the title....it seems to be quite long (in my opinion) how the title will fit in the titlescreen ? since it's current name is Pokemon Ruby Version: Ready Orre not, here comes Team Rocket Edition

Pinta77

Ok, the name is official. Just picked a simple color. Espeon is a pokemon that pops up quite a bit in this game so I put espeon on the title screen. And espeon is pink, so it's pokemon Pink version.

And yes, the ower sprites are from fr/lg.

Last edited:

Pinta77

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7puc-pXO4

Check it out ^ This shows a lot of the new things ive added into the game.

The only thing I didn't show is pokemon contests. You can do pokemon contests and make poke'blocks. Contests are pretty much the same as in ruby/sapphire because, well, what can i change about them?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
The trailer is good ! Let me give you some sort of a tip...in my opinion i think that you should remove the waterfalls and the shallow water ( that light blue water that you can walk on it you know) from that cave with the gay couple ( lol )
As for the contests leave them as they are there isn't something that can be improved

Pinta77

As far as the light blue water tiles and water falls go, i want to change them in the sewer area because it doesnt look too good. Im leaving those tiles in the cave though. That cave is on uncharted island which is having a problem with too much rain. It's suppossed to look like the cave is filling up with water.

Pinta77

Like shiny pokemon? Meet Ivan, the 3rd Gym Leader in Pokemon Pink version, and find out what exclusive new item he gives you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqdNG7QDqKw

(Ivan will play a big role in the story, and will have his own OW sprite. I Just haven't made one yet :P )

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Why don't you ( if it's possible ) script a new item -not key item- that can be used as an evolutionary stone in a single pokemon you want and turn it to a shiny pokemon ? Don't know if it can be implemented but sounds good...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Why don't you ( if it's possible ) script a new item -not key item- that can be used as an evolutionary stone in a single pokemon you want and turn it to a shiny pokemon ? Don't know if it can be implemented but sounds good...
That's not really possible you know?
Shiny Pokémon just have different pallete they are not different Pokémon.
Item cannot just change pallete of already catched Pokémon o.O

@pinta: Can I presume that Odd Stone calls routine that makes next encounter shiny?

Pinta77

Yep. Thats exactly how it works. I didnt intend it to work on trainers at first, but i thought it was kind of cool so i left it.

I decided to release a beta when the fourth gym is done. So just a few more days :)

Pinta77

Ok, you can expect a beta by Saturday. This will be the "Half way point" of the complete game.

Also, does anyone know how to do "setweather" in pokemon ruby/sapphire? it seems simple enough, but it isn't working for me. I have no clue why.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I like your hack, it looks really good and fun to play, but iunno if you should take Rui completely word for word from the original game, especially since this is a different region. If you use Rui, they mentioned she was not from around Orre, she was visiting, so why not make this her home region, and make the "grandparents" her actual parents :P
just a thought~

Pinta77

Wait til the end. It will tie into colosseum. As a matter of fact, the last scene will be a gba version of the first scene of colosseum. That being said, Rui needs to stay the same.

Pinta77

Beta 0.9 is available for download! Just in case i cant finish Beta 1.0 in time. I have to go somewhere on friday :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
well good job and creative idea u have here a new spin to pokemon which have become kinda repetitive.

Pinta77

As soon as i get to the halfway point, im going to revamp all the trainer sprites, ow and battle. All new trainer classes etc. so the game has a more unique feel.

Back