• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Part of Remakes

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Thus far we have two remakes, and they feature several things that weren't in their predecessors.

So what draws you to these remakes, why do you like them? I mean after all they are just the same as the original so what sets them apart for you? Maybe its the graphics, the fact you can use future gen pokemon in those games now, the features that may enhance the game(i.e. Follow Me), all the extra side stuff they added such as the Sevii Islands in FRLG or Pokeathlon & Battle Frontier in HGSS. Or maybe something completely different.

Or like myself just the whole experience incorporated in one game. Or that I haven't played the game and years so simple nostalgia is there to remember of how enjoyable the game was when I used to play it. So I ask all of you what does it for you?

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Thus far we have two remakes, and they feature several things that weren't in their predecessors.

So what draws you to these remakes, why do you like them? I mean after all they are just the same as the original so what sets them apart for you? Maybe its the graphics, the fact you can use future gen pokemon in those games now, the features that may enhance the game(i.e. Follow Me), all the extra side stuff they added such as the Sevii Islands in FRLG or Pokeathlon & Battle Frontier in HGSS. Or maybe something completely different.

Or like myself just the whole experience incorporated in one game. Or that I haven't played the game and years so simple nostalgia is there to remember of how enjoyable the game was when I used to play it. So I ask all of you what does it for you?

Fire Red was amazing for me, I loved the original Red and when I heard they were going to remake it I was thinking they might ruin it, But infact they kept all the key things that made me love Red with a few new components, the graphics are better yes but the fact they are doesn't take the entertainment value out of the original Red. Also Fire Red helps make the game run smoother with the addition of running shoes and the walking speed increase.

blue

gucci
Years
FRLG - Sevii Islands
HGSS - Follow Me Feature

Both of these were great additions, I loved exploring all of the islands and doing the tasks in order to proceed in the story. With the Follow Me Feature it just looks so cool to have a Pokemon following you and it's fun to try out all the different Pokemon and interact with them.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Follow me was amazing. I want a game that allows us to access all regions or another Gen 1 remake with more features. The only thing that interests me in a Gen 3 remake is the possibility of catching Mew like you could in Emerald. No Mew, no need for Gen 3 remakes.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
It's sounds kinda silly, But the Follow Me feature was a game changing addition. I love HG, but honestly, FM is the reason I keep going back to it. It's such a simple thing, being able to see your pokemon following you, and talk to them, but to me, in a game like this, it should be a must

I unfortunatly didn't play the first gen remakes, so I haven't played a Kanto centered game since Yellow :O

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I really enjoy all the revamped music. Of course 8-bit is nostalgic and still good, but listening to the old themes again but enhanced is awesome.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
It adds new features to remakes, improves storyline, revamped music, graphics and adds the new pokemon to the old generation xD

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Playing Johto with 4th gen mechanics was amazing to me. Didn't care much for the Follow Me feature, because they did it wrong (you can't choose the Pokémon that follows you, just the first one in the party).

As for FRLG, I'm playing through that again and the experience is meh. 3rd gen movepools suck and the game wasn't changed much. It seems Gamefreak was a bit afraid of trying different stuff with FRLG. Also I wouldn't be able to play FRLG on a real cart, because of the fact Giovanni has a Rhyhorn at Viridian Gym instead of a Rhydon. I dare say, the original RBY might be superior!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Being able to experience the nostalgic adventure with the updated graphics, sound, and gameplay it deserves makes remakes some of the most enjoyable games for me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I like having the basic core of the original games with the improved balance, mechanics, interface, graphics and sound of later generations - it's the best of both worlds.

Would that more game devs would do that. A modern version of Daggerfall would've been better than Skyrim in pretty much every possible way.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Guys, keep it civil. I shouldn't have to come back on account of people flaming each other. We have different opinions, and if you can't handle that, you can just ignore the thread and post elsewhere.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I just enjoy to see how the older games looks like on newer consoles. And the additions of new stuffs are really neat too. Like for example, the follow-me feature from Yellow was finally brought back in heart Gold and Soul Silver :)

Back