• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
shiny Taillow

Congratulations!

Hey there shiny hunters! Im glad i found this thread on PC since i really wanted to join a shiny hunters club somewhere.....so can i be a member?
as for my shinies, i began shiny hunt from the beginning of june, and i've collected 7 shinies till now, heres my shiny card :D

Welcome to the club! I'm glad to see another member; we can always use more! :)

Welp, found me a shiny mankey 2 minutes into a new Firered game a few weeks ago. Very surprising! Right now I am up to a couple thousand SRs for a shiny Snorlax in SoulSilver. Will probably trade off the mankey for something that fits my team better

DON'T DO IT!! Treasure your shinies; they're incredibly rare and take so much effort to find!! It would probably take 50+ hours to find another shiny Mankey, but it wouldn't even take a fifth of that to breed for a good nature, EV train, and raise a Pokemon to level 100.

Congrats on your shiny - you should love it! :cer_laugh:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I've been stagnant on my secret hunt because of busy life matters, so I might halt my hunt for good. Might come back to hunting though.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Hi everyone, I guess is time for me to return to hunt again.

Congratulations to pokewalker on shiny tailow, landorus on shiny zubat and vagrantwanderer on shiny mankey (don't trade it unless you have more than one).

Expect news soon because I'll hunt like if there's no tomorrow ;), just kidding, but seriously I'll recover the time I've lost.
See you guys and happy hunting.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Oh wow I forgot I'm in this club! ^_^;

Anyways, one of the protagonists in my hack has a team of all the 1 in 8000-something shinies I ever found. Pidgey (now a Pidgeot), Gloom (now a Bellossom), Tangela, and B Unown.

Is this a weird idea?

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Hey i'd like to join the club too :D
İ wuz a pro at pokeradar in platinum i had every pre evolution chainable shiny until my DS's top screen F***ked up :( So now im on a Fire Red SHİNY quest. Trying to get a shiny before and after each Gym Badge. Already encountered 2k mankey on The route way to the League. So if any of u can give me ideas for a shiny that can be caught after the 1st but before the 2nd Gym Badge i'^d be Greatfull :) :)

G-Money

Years
Anyways, one of the protagonists in my hack has a team of all the 1 in 8000-something shinies I ever found. Pidgey (now a Pidgeot), Gloom (now a Bellossom), Tangela, and B Unown.

Is this a weird idea?

I don't entirely understand what this means, but it sure sounds good. Are you playing through a fan-made game with a team of all shinies? If so, that's awesome! Congrats on those 4 shinies!

Hey i'd like to join the club too :D
İ wuz a pro at pokeradar in platinum i had every pre evolution chainable shiny until my DS's top screen F***ked up :( So now im on a Fire Red SHİNY quest. Trying to get a shiny before and after each Gym Badge. Already encountered 2k mankey on The route way to the League. So if any of u can give me ideas for a shiny that can be caught after the 1st but before the 2nd Gym Badge i'^d be Greatfull :) :)

Welcome to the club! Sorry to hear about your DS. :(

There are a lot of great patches in which to hunt in FR/LG. If you don't mind backtracking a little, the best place to hunt might be the Mankey/Spearow/Rattata patch next to Viridian City, but you probably already hunted there before your first badge. The Viridian Forest is a good place too, since it has such a huge multitude of Bug shinies - the only drawback is that some are evolved, like Metapod and Kakuna, and I personally prefer to catch shinies in their initial state. You could also try going after Paras; that's a relatively uncommon shiny and you'd know what you'd be getting.

As for me, I'm still training a competitive team. I had no idea that EVing and leveling up to level 100 would take so long! I'm doing it all against wild Pokemon, though, to give me a chance of finding a shiny in the process. I probably hatched over 50 Elekid before I got one that was Mild and had Hidden Power Ice, "lol."

I had a dream that I encountered a shiny Swellow, but it fled. :(

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I don't entirely understand what this means, but it sure sounds good. Are you playing through a fan-made game with a team of all shinies? If so, that's awesome! Congrats on those 4 shinies

Thank you, but what I meant was I'm making a fan-made game (hack) and one of the main protagonists has a team of those shinies that I found.

G-Money

Years
Thank you, but what I meant was I'm making a fan-made game (hack) and one of the main protagonists has a team of those shinies that I found.

Ah, alright. So the main character starts out with those shinies? Cool! I'm glad to see a game developer give a little shout-out to shiny hunters! :)

That's pretty amazing that you're making your own game. Good luck!

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Welcome to the club! Sorry to hear about your DS. :(

There are a lot of great patches in which to hunt in FR/LG. If you don't mind backtracking a little, the best place to hunt might be the Mankey/Spearow/Rattata patch next to Viridian City, but you probably already hunted there before your first badge. The Viridian Forest is a good place too, since it has such a huge multitude of Bug shinies - the only drawback is that some are evolved, like Metapod and Kakuna, and I personally prefer to catch shinies in their initial state. You could also try going after Paras; that's a relatively uncommon shiny and you'd know what you'd be getting.

As for me, I'm still training a competitive team. I had no idea that EVing and leveling up to level 100 would take so long! I'm doing it all against wild Pokemon, though, to give me a chance of finding a shiny in the process. I probably hatched over 50 Elekid before I got one that was Mild and had Hidden Power Ice, "lol."

I had a dream that I encountered a shiny Swellow, but it fled. :(

Hey thanks alot yeah im hunting near Viridian city . Still after that mankey :( And i think i will go after the paras :D
BTW use EV power items (Power Belt, Power Bracer..ext.) And Try getting Pokerus. İts a hard virus to get wich i think you already know lol :D
İf u have both of the above each kill will give you 10 EV's. Anyway goodluck on the Team . (Wish i had Wi-Fi so we could Battle )

P.S Something tells me that swellow will come back ;P

Years
Hullo!

I would really love to join! I just started shiny hunting on the uhm... 14th of August... Hehe. But I love doing it now, although I only have one shiny Shinx. (Not including lots of shiny Gyarados lol)

My preferred method is chaining, the way I caught my Shinx, though I am also Masuda-ing for a, you guesses it, shiny Eevee right now.

G-Money

Years
Hey thanks alot yeah im hunting near Viridian city . Still after that mankey :( And i think i will go after the paras :D
BTW use EV power items (Power Belt, Power Bracer..ext.) And Try getting Pokerus. İts a hard virus to get wich i think you already know lol :D
İf u have both of the above each kill will give you 10 EV's. Anyway goodluck on the Team . (Wish i had Wi-Fi so we could Battle )

Thanks for the tips on EVing - I'll definitely use those for EV training in the 5th gen!

Good luck on your Mankey and Paras hunts! You'll have 6 shinies by Blaine!

P.S Something tells me that swellow will come back ;P

Are you trying to curse me!? Curse you, bearer of dark enchantments! :P

Hullo!

I would really love to join! I just started shiny hunting on the uhm... 14th of August... Hehe. But I love doing it now, although I only have one shiny Shinx. (Not including lots of shiny Gyarados lol)

My preferred method is chaining, the way I caught my Shinx, though I am also Masuda-ing for a, you guesses it, shiny Eevee right now.

Welcome to the club! Congrats on the shiny Shinx - you've taken the first step towards catching 'em all! :pink_laugh: Good luck on the Eevee - your name calls for it! Why not get 7? *inspires Eevee quest* :cer_laugh:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, rager3 and TheShinyEevee!

This weeks random Pokémon contest is... Feebas!

The Litwick count is now up to 1,967. I only hatched 5 Solosis for last weeks random contest.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
Years
Id like to join
My shinies
Zangoose, Purugly, Milotic, Zorua, Tepig, Emboar, Samurott, Serperior, Arcanine, Seviper, Pichu, Flareon, Golbat, Leafeon, Eevee, Espeon, Zoroark, Umbreon, Exploud, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Typhlosion, Porygon-Z, Blastoise, Pikachu, Raichu, Charizard, Marowak, Ponyta, Rapidash, Krookodile, Machamp, Victreebel, Druddigon, Dragonite, Rotom, Gyarados, Clefairy, Deino, Magmortar, Cobalion, Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus, Terrakion, Virizion, Heatran, Uxie, Arceus, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Mew, Mewtwo, Shaymin, and Kyurem

Years
Welcome to the club! Congrats on the shiny Shinx - you've taken the first step towards catching 'em all! :pink_laugh: Good luck on the Eevee - your name calls for it! Why not get 7? *inspires Eevee quest* :cer_laugh:

Thanks :D Hehe thank you, I still don't know whether to evolve her..

Thanks! Sure does ;DD You inspired my quest for not 7.. But 8! (Don't forget Eevee itself! :laugh:)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Hey! Sorry I have been inactive X.x But is the random route challenge still going on?

Yes it is.

Welcome to the club, assassinjay1229! Which of those shinies are random encounters or hatched from eggs? If any of those are hacked or were recieved through an event, they don't count towards the Shiny PokéDex here.

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Yes it is.

If any of those are hacked or were recieved through an event, they don't count towards the Shiny PokéDex here.

Hey i didn't know there was a shiny dex :D Okay here are my shinys here we go :P

Fire Red:

Ponyta : RE
Pikachu : RE
Moltres : RE
Mankey : Still searching

Ruby:

Zangoose : RE
Treecko : SR
Mudkip : Still Soft Resetting
Hariyama: RE

HeartGold:

Totodile : SR
Ho oH: SR
Grimer : RE
Pidgey : RE

Pearl:

Elekid : PokeRadar
Pachirisu: PR
Camerupt : RE

Platinum :

Pachirisu x3 : PR
Shinx x4 : PR
Geodudex3 : PR
Machop x1 : PR
MR . Mime x1 :PR
Floatzel x2 : PR
Zigzagoon x1 :PR
Swalot x1 :PR
Giratina : SR
Kricketot x1 :PR
Pichu x1 : PR
Budew x1 : PR
Starly : RE
Snover x1 : PR
Mesprit : SR (Very Boring and long hunt :( )
Uxie : SR
Azelf : SR
Shellos x1 : PR

PokeRadar will go on and on :D i have more than 50 pokeradar pokemon exepct eevee , Marill , sneasel , and wobbufett :(

Okay i think this is enough. Back to the Mankey hunt :(

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
Years
Id like to join
My shinies
Zangoose, Purugly, Milotic, Zorua, Tepig, Emboar, Samurott, Serperior, Arcanine, Seviper, Pichu, Flareon, Golbat, Leafeon, Eevee, Espeon, Zoroark, Umbreon, Exploud, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Typhlosion, Porygon-Z, Blastoise, Pikachu, Raichu, Charizard, Marowak, Ponyta, Rapidash, Krookodile, Machamp, Victreebel, Druddigon, Dragonite, Rotom, Gyarados, Clefairy, Deino, Magmortar, Cobalion, Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus, Terrakion, Virizion, Heatran, Uxie, Arceus, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Mew, Mewtwo, Shaymin, and Kyurem

Yes it is.

Welcome to the club, assassinjay1229! Which of those shinies are random encounters or hatched from eggs? If any of those are hacked or were recieved through an event, they don't count towards the Shiny PokéDex here.
Milotic was an event So were the three legendary beasts and pichu

Zangoose: re Village bridge
Purugly: re in Pearl
Zorua: hatched
Tepig: hatched
Emboar: sr
Samurott: sr
Serperior:sr
and thats all I have time for now I have to majorly edit my thread and add me being a member here to my sig

Last edited:

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
im still working on charmnader, i have no idea how many soft resets i have done but atleast i havent given up, really wanting to get a shiny numel or camerupt, or even manectric, i want to get all the shiny pokemon that are black... thank goodness i have rayquaza already.

Back