• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
You need to change the way that the tiles are arranged. Try clicking "View > Block Size > Custom..." and then set both the number of Columns and Rows to 8. Also, I think the address is actually 0x39DC14, which is one tile (0x20 bytes) forward from 0x39DBF4.

Yes! It worked! Thank you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2010
Is there any way to completely wipe out the tile set in Firered, automatically?

Not the tileset as in the one I can open up in MS Paint, but the one
I use when I'm laying out the tiles on the town map.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2010
All you do is make a new tilemap, and overwrite the old one. No need to delete it.

I'm pretty OCD about my workplace.

I like to keep things neat so I can find them easily.
And we actually plan to use absolutely 0 tiles in the game.

Plus, when I went to write the pallete changes to the ROM it screwed up
all the games tiles. (Like it always does) And I think its messing with the ones
I inserted, so I think ridding myself of the other tiles might fix it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2010
I'm not gonna lie. I have no idea what that means.

I'm the just the spriter/tile guy on my team. Other then that, I have
no knowledge of Rom hacking for the most part.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
i removed the sethealingplace script from the players bedroom accidently when inserting a level script, so i tried to transfer it back from another rom.
now, however, when i die i'm warped to cinnabar gym, just beside blaine.
sum1 hlp pls!!

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I want to change the music in the Oak intro. :F As I have heard, everything about it is in ASM, which makes me even more frustrated, as I have no experience in that. I was thinking I could just replace the song that it uses with another song, but the song I want is a song that is already in the game (Fire red, i mean) Any ideas how I would go about changing it? Maybe a byte somewhere?

Weird

Lazy Guy
Years
I edited some trainers and wild encounters in Soulsilver with PPRE. Everything went well, but when I edited the Union Cave the changes disappear once I play the game. It just resets the encounters on Rattata and resets the levels of trainers, too. Is there a way to avoid this?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@Weird:
It may be a glitch in the tool. Contact the maker of the tool.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Besides Hex Workshop, because my 30 day limit has been hit, what is a good hex editor that can load .tbl files?

Translhextion, Windhex, HxD are a few free ones. I'm not really sure about HxD though, I haven't loaded any .tbl files on it yet. >.<

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
How do i go about changing the Pokemon sprites in the GSC generation?

If you mean compressed sprite, there's AGIXP. for overworld sprite (uncompressed sprites) you can use any tile editor (tilemolester, tile editor pro..)

btw: How do i go about changing the Pokemon (compressed) sprites in the RBY generation?

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
If you mean compressed sprite, there's AGIXP. for overworld sprite (uncompressed sprites) you can use any tile editor (tilemolester, tile editor pro..)

btw: How do i go about changing the Pokemon (compressed) sprites in the RBY generation?
I mean the actual pokemon in the game as well as the trainers'.

I know it's possible since a silver hack based on Ruby was beginning to have been developed.

Years
Hi! I have a problem! When I try to hack HG or SS and try to use program (from Swampert Tools Schowcase) to edit pokemons, atacks, gyms, etc. it crashes. Every program I use to edit Heart Gold or Soul Silver crashes. What's the problem (The crash message: Unsupported room)? Please, help me.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Agixp works well with pokemon in gsc. For trainers' I don' know any solution other than using ASM

-------------------------------------------

I repost my question for the new page

do you know how to turn an image (.gif or .jpg or .png) like this
View attachment 54206
into hexcode like this
(hexcode of compressed image of "bulbasaur")
Spoiler:

I found a program written in C that decompress front&back pics from pokemon red
Spoiler:
but i need to know the reverse process (i.e. compressing).

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Is there any tutorial on how to edit map connections for Pokemon Gold? What I mean by map connections is, where they connect.

EDIT: And please, don't just give me a link to GoldMap or something. I want to do it with a hex editor.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
i haven't a real solution but here(http://www.datacrystal.org/wiki/Pokemon_Gold:ROM_map#Maps ) you should find something useful
for connections i only know a doc for r/b/y version
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back