• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Was just wondering, thought it may be quite silly for me to ask seeing as ive played most of the other pokemon games...But after you beat the E4 the second time, you can still challenge them as much as you want to right? Just checking ^_^

Yup, I've done it plenty of times. And don't worry about a silly question, it's an easy answer d:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
What are Dream Points from the Dream World?
neimenovana.png

At 2500, 7500 and 10000 you get access to more locations, which have different pokemon. For example Poliwag and Vulpix, who are famous for their Kyogre/Groudon abilities, can be found in the 10k area.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
do Pokemon that have hacked abilities get blocked from online battles, or does it not pick it up if they have used a game-shark/action replay?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
do Pokemon that have hacked abilities get blocked from online battles, or does it not pick it up if they have used a game-shark/action replay?

I don't think they get picked up, but I'm not sure... The screen may go black if it is something overly hacked.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2016
I was battling through route 8 I believe, and my level 43 Fraxure had 111 hp. I went into a wild battle and it had 112 hp. I didn't use an HP up or anything. I battled a trainer and hap 111 HP, got an item, went into a wild battle with 112 hp. What happened?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I was battling through route 8 I believe, and my level 43 Fraxure had 111 hp. I went into a wild battle and it had 112 hp. I didn't use an HP up or anything. I battled a trainer and hap 111 HP, got an item, went into a wild battle with 112 hp. What happened?

Every time you kill a Pokemon, you get secret stats called EVs based on what they're good at. 4 EVs gives you one stat point. You probably killed something that gave you HP EVs and it raised your HP a bit. :3

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Here's the situation:
I have a global link account, but can't register my game cartridge to my account yet (no wifi at school.)
So far I've gotten 3 pokemon on my friend board. What will happen to these guys once I do register my game? Will I get all 3?

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2016

Every time you kill a Pokemon, you get secret stats called EVs based on what they're good at. 4 EVs gives you one stat point. You probably killed something that gave you HP EVs and it raised your HP a bit. :3

But I didn't grow a level. Don't the ev's kick in when you grow a level?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But I didn't grow a level. Don't the ev's kick in when you grow a level?

They used to, but in B/W they recalculate after every battle. This also lets you give a Pokemon EVs at level 100.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Do the steps taken while sliding on ice count as steps? I need to take steps to make rippling water appear, but it's near Icirrus so most of it is frozen over and I slide when I step on it.

Years
Ok, I'm trying to evolve my Riolu to Lucario, but I want it to know Nasty Plot. Only Riolu can learn it at Lv47. If I let him hold an Everstone till Lv47, will he evolve at Lv48 when I take the Everstone away?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
^ assuming that the Evolution Conditions are met properly then yes, it will evolve upon moving to Lv 48. Although you could actually remove it at Lv 46, as upon levelling to 47 Riolu will learn Nasty Plot and then evolve immediately after.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Ok, I'm trying to evolve my Riolu to Lucario, but I want it to know Nasty Plot. Only Riolu can learn it at Lv47. If I let him hold an Everstone till Lv47, will he evolve at Lv48 when I take the Everstone away?

Yeah, if you stop evolution and level up when the conditions are right, it will evolve.

Nihilego

Years
Years
You mean sprites? I use this;

No I'm talking about Icons, like the two that are in my signature

And I have another question. The ability Sheer Force says moves with a secondary effect are increased in power by 33% but lose their secondary effect. Does the secondary effect count for something like resting on the next turn, or does it only count for stat changes?

Last edited:

Nihilego

Years
And I have another question. The ability Sheer Force says moves with a secondary effect are increased in power by 33% but lose their secondary effect. Does the secondary effect count for something like resting on the next turn, or does it only count for stat changes?

Only positive side-effects. For example, Giga Impact must still recharge after use, but moves like Shadow Ball won't ever lower the opponent's SpDef with Sheer Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back