• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Graphics.

3D Graphics good or Bad?

• Good

Votes: 103 88.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Dosen't Matter

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Is it just me or does it look like the graphics improved a lot since the very first gameplay video surfaced? Am I just seeing things?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Is it just me or does it look like the graphics improved a lot since the very first gameplay video surfaced? Am I just seeing things?

They definitely have. The very first trailer seemed very low-quality and grainy with the movement, but the new graphics seem much more crisp and clean than they have previously, even with movement occurring. They have definitely polished up the graphics in the past few months, and it's definitely a large improvement from the first trailer.

blue

gucci
Years
There's been so much progression in terms of graphics since we saw that trailer in January, if this is only half way I can't wait to see the final result.

Years
It looks a lot better now than it did with the original trailer.

I still don't understand why the battles look so much better than the other graphics in the game. Someone at GF isn't pulling their weight methinks.

It's still beautiful though.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
You can see both the Male and Female protagonist in the same picture.
may_supp_p3_5.jpg

And the female don't have her hat.

Oh yeah, I see her right there in the top right.

He still have no clue who Brown n Curly is though.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly they might just be NPC characters. It looks like the character speaking is just saying her little text blurb before the battle starts. The other character is stumping me though. It could either be a double battle initiated because you stepped into both of their eye lines, or it could be a companion following you maybe?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Honestly they might just be NPC characters. It looks like the character speaking is just saying her little text blurb before the battle starts. The other character is stumping me though. It could either be a double battle initiated because you stepped into both of their eye lines, or it could be a companion following you maybe?

Since NPC means Non-Player-Character, then of course all 3 of em are NPCS, it's just the girl in the top right is pretty obviously an NPC version of the female protag as she's wearing the exact same clothes.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Bad word choice there, but yes of course they're all NPCs =P I guess I should have said they're minor NPC that just appear to be trainer classes, not much else. Of course, the female protagonist there probably means that whichever gender character you don't pick will be incorporated into the storyline somehow like previous generations have done.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Since NPC means Non-Player-Character, then of course all 3 of em are NPCS, it's just the girl in the top right is pretty obviously an NPC version of the female protag as she's wearing the exact same clothes.

Well she don't have her hat.

Rayquaza 97

Draco Meteor.
Years
I'm actually in love with the graphics in the new trailer. It's obvious that GF have worked pretty hard on the game since the first trailer and things just seem, crisper.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The graphics in the new trailer look much improved since we first saw the game in January.

It's great to see so much time, effort and love is being put into the game.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
No me gusta that ugly HP bar.

The aliased text and tiny elements are not good on the 3DS, especially on the very edges of the screen...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
No me gusta that ugly HP bar.

The aliased text and tiny elements are not good on the 3DS, especially on the very edges of the screen...

I dunno, 3DS makes tiny graphics look good.

Plus the HP bar being small means there's nothing blocking the action and the pretty view

blue

gucci
Years
I'm surprised at how many people take notice to minor features such as the HP bar, it doesn't really bother me and the design doesn't really need much attention IMO.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm loving the graphics so far! The new gameplay trailer is way cleaner than the first
I love how the route look, the trainers standing around and especially the fact that the camera changes point of view!

blue

gucci
Years
When you compare images from January to the images that surfaced this month, you can really see how much the graphics have improved. Alright so it's not a staggering amount but you can see the little details that have changed which make the games look much more appealing.
2dulgjl.png

Back