• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ask me, yoshi, anything

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Hi! I've been wanting to post this so pls RL :p Anyways alriiiight I sort of came back a while ago and there's so many new people now that it seemed like a fun thing to do this. Some of you will know me from a few years ago, I joined in 2011, quickly became active in irc and PO and then left late 2013. It'd be great to re-connect with some old friends on here! And to everyone who doesn't know me yet - nice to meet you!

Most people on here call me Yoshi, I'm known as Gloom on the battle server which I also am a moderator of. Which I really enjoy btw! I'm Dutch, I'm 21 years old right now, my birthday is in november and my sign is scorpio. I haven't really figured myself out yet, as of now I feel pretty genderfluid but it really fluctuates so it's hard to pinpoint for me. Feel free to ask me anything about this btw though I'm not sure if I'll be able to give a straight answer loool. As for sexuality I'm also not very sure about that but I'm sexually attracted to both girls and boys and other so! I do lean towards boys.

Right now I'm studying applied psychology, it's my first year and I really enjoy it, though my first choice was art school. Initially I applied for three art courses (illustration and two times for fine art, each on different schools) but didn't get accepted. The standards are really high and the examination is tough, you have to lay out your portfolio and do assignments and then at the end they announce who made it to the second round and who didn't (there's 3 rounds I believe).
I have always loved psychology though so I wasn't too bummed out, but I do want to keep art as a hobby and maybe still pursue it in the future. Right now I'm happy with my choice though because I wouldn't want to ruin art for me by making it into work instead of fun.

I used to work in retail until recently when I quit because I was too busy with school, can't say I miss it hahah yes retail is as bad as everyone says.

Anyways things I enjoy are battling (I'm really trying to improve right now) and art. I have an art blog over >> here << in case anyone wants to take a look. I also really like swimming, video games surprise surprise. TLOZ and specifically Twilight Princess is one of my all-time favourites. Project Zero/Fatal Frame as well, I've played all 4 of them and waiting for the fifth one to come out on Wii-u right now!! Other than that I love Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon (GC version), Pokémon obviously, Professor Layton, Maplestory, WoW, etc etc.

This is all I can think of to write right now but if I think of more stuff I'll add it later!

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
What are your favorite moments in Twilight Princess?

Are you a boy or a girl?

Do you use Pachirisu at the Battle Server?

srinator

Three mons you could erase from existence and why.
What would u do if a person's problem was that he didn't know problem?
Do u plan on improving urself in lc by participating in smog tours etc?
why are you so cute?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
How do you spend your free time besides home/internet/swimming?

Since you like to draw (thanks for spheal drawing), why do you enjoy using not so very well drawn Pokémon avatars?

How long did it take you to counter team me in LC?

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Hey Yoshi!. I have some questions for you!. but that's obvious lol

What do you enjoy the most of the battle server? and something that you don't like?.

Since you're studying psychology, do you like to help people with their troubles?

hahah hi. besides the battling part, and talking to my old (and new friends), what i enjoy the most on the server is the motivation to improve that wasn't really there on PO (at least for me) i feel like it's a much more welcoming atmosphere and all the events and stuff like the PCL really add to that.

i guess i like that if i'm able to, but up till now my study has really all been about self reflection (which has been really helpful for me personally). but yeah i do like helping people where i can!

What are your favorite moments in Twilight Princess?

Are you a boy or a girl?

Do you use Pachirisu at the Battle Server?

hmmmmmm my favourite moment is definitely any moment with midna, i also love all the sidequests, and collecting the insects. ahah and also entering agitha's house for the first time. but yeah just love the whole game overall.

also like i said in my post i'm genderfluid so as of now i don't have a clear-cut answer to that!

Three mons you could erase from existence and why.
What would u do if a person's problem was that he didn't know problem?
Do u plan on improving urself in lc by participating in smog tours etc?
why are you so cute?

LOL this is harder than picking my favourite. ummm battling wise i'd say landorus/lando-t would have to be one of them (yes it counts as one), i hate its guts. magnezone is another one, and lastly mega-pinsir lol. design wise, diggersby, barbaracle or w/e and cryogonal ewwww.

well they don't teach you to read people's minds lol, they do teach you coaching and guiding so for an answer now i'd say i'd have coaching sessions with that person to try and find out what might be bothering them lol. it's easier said than done!

and yes!! i actually signed up for a tour atm, i'm not sure when it's starting but yeah. i'm not sure if i'd do the same with OU yet, but LC is a much smaller tier so that makes it easier for me to enter.

u can answer that last one yourself lolol ty

How do you spend your free time besides home/internet/swimming?

Since you like to draw (thanks for spheal drawing), why do you enjoy using not so very well drawn Pokémon avatars?

How long did it take you to counter team me in LC?

drawing drawing drawing :p and hanging out with friends of course, my best man oocyst was here yesterday and i'm seeing them on friday again!

i like the sincerity and the spontaneity of these drawings and i feel like they capture the pokemon's personality well loool. but also because it's funny :p

hmmmm 0 seconds

Sirfetch’d

How did you and oocyst meet irl?

What about LC do you find most enjoyable?

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
what are your three favourite mons to use competitively? (playstyles and such)

ohhhh lordy! i LOVE mega-altaria, i love using slowbro, and i love using jirachi (of course rofl). mega-altaria is just really fun to me, the design and the typing and the moves, it's diversity and stuff. slowbro is fun to use because it's so hardy and with its ability it's very reliable for me! and jirachi just fills sooo many roles, idk what i'd do without jirachi haha.

Why is Christos so bad?

How did you and oocyst meet irl?

What about LC do you find most enjoyable?

just listen to the stuff he says for example

oocyst and i have an 8 year long history of friendship, without a doubt oocyst is the most reliable person in my life and my cornerstone. we met in the first year of highschool and actually we used to be the opposite of friends lol, we didn't like eachother and i was not very nice to him (though did he deserve that? who knows :p) at one point we suddenly connected through something and started hanging out and became friends. our friendship was rocky to say the least in the beginning but really bore its fruits after a few years, i don't regret a single moment i've shared with him. wow that was deep lol :x

what i enjoy the most about LC is that it's basically baby OU, it has its own sub-tiers and i feel like it's - unlike OU - very easy to get into. the metagame is very simple and quite balanced at the moment and you get to use cute baby pokemon!!!

What are the origins of your forum username?

i love the character yoshi and at one point i really liked frogs and the k's were a tribute to that, and i also made a persona called yoshiko once, so that all came together :p r u being funny

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
omg that part about me I'm touched <3

What abilities are your favourites? (in terms of, name+what they do+how it fits with the pokemon, not necessarily competitive use) What pokemon type is your least favourite?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
what do you think of dragon!!

Are you excited about the new Zelda game? :]

What's your favourite kind of food?

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
omg that part about me I'm touched <3

What abilities are your favourites? (in terms of, name+what they do+how it fits with the pokemon, not necessarily competitive use) What pokemon type is your least favourite?

u know i love you :)

and ok i see. my favourite abilities from the top of my head are unaware, natural cure, wonder guard, drizzle, bad dreams (darkrai only obvs), effect spore, pickup, there's a few more but these stand out.

my least favourite type has got to be rock (sorry tyranitar you're the exception) or fighting :|

what do you think of dragon!!

Are you excited about the new Zelda game? :]

What's your favourite kind of food?

i think dragon is the loveliest ;)

and YES HOLY MOLY I AM!! me and oocyst already got hyrule warriors and it's soooo much fun and we both can't wait for the new zelda, getting it asap when it comes out hahaha

and hmmm that's hard but seafood springs to mind, and pasta haha. but yeah seafood is definitely one of my favs. i feel like it's so diverse and you can do everything with it. and it's just so good :x

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
yoshi y did u leave :((

also what is your fav color combo

long time no speak annaaaa and idk drama drama and more drama :( it was becoming too time-consuming as well but i've never really stopped looking on the forums every once in a while when i was gone. and alas here i am :p one can never truly free themselves from the shackles of pokecommunity!

and oh god you ask me the hardest thing, i really love orange and blue or orange and purple, pink and red too, and blue and red! but i love all colours!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
What's your favourite kind of seafood and how often do you have it?

Do you cook yourself and what are some of your favourite recipes?

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
What's your favourite kind of seafood and how often do you have it?

Do you cook yourself and what are some of your favourite recipes?

i love shrimp/prawn, those are probably my favourite. i WOULD love lobster i think but i've never had it because it's so expensive :( i just imagine it as a bigger shrimp LOL.

also i sometimes cook for myself but i don't know many recipes, me and oocyst (god oocyst is everywhere in my life lol) made our own pasta recipe and its so goood, it has uhh bell peppers, beef, tomatoes, courgette, sometimes mushrooms, onion, etc. besides that fesenjoon is my all time favourite recipe! i can't make it myself though, my dad makes it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
You love Twilight Princess!! <3 It's my favorite as well! Have you played Majora's Mask and what did you think of it?? I just got the remake and I really like it but I've also never played it before.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
You love Twilight Princess!! <3 It's my favorite as well! Have you played Majora's Mask and what did you think of it?? I just got the remake and I really like it but I've also never played it before.

aaa i have not! me and my friend planned to but we didn't get around to it. we do want to play the old version. i'll have to bug him about it soon hahaha

Have you/do you plan on seeing 50 Shades of Grey?

How did you get your hair to be so cute?

When do you think your interest in Pokémon will fade?

hi sanggggg :> and no absolutely not, so many things are wrong with that book/movie i don't even know where to start lol

and jfkewjaf i hadn't washed it with shampoo for 3 months, then got it cut and it was softer than it had ever been LOL (thank u xox)

and actually it's starting to fade? not in pokemon itself, i don't think that will fade for another 10 years, but i'm losing interest in playing the games lately. i haven't finished a pokemon game in years (i haven't finished B/W2, XY or ORAS)

srinator

and jfkewjaf i hadn't washed it with shampoo for 3 months, then got it cut and it was softer than it had ever been LOL (thank u xox)

and actually it's starting to fade? not in pokemon itself, i don't think that will fade for another 10 years, but i'm losing interest in playing the games lately. i haven't finished a pokemon game in years (i haven't finished B/W2, XY or ORAS)

3 months wow, why?
The games really do suck tho, so do u See Yourself playing competitively for the next few years?

Back