• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
So I've heard alot of positive feedback about this ROM hack. I've read through the thread and might have overlooked if my questions were answered, but I've just got three-

1. Is there a way to change a Pokemon's Nature?
2. Is there a way to max a Pokemon's IVs?
3. Is there a way to max/reduce a Pokemon's EVs besides berries?

Again, I might have overlooked if these were asked/answered before. I'll have to go back and see if any popped up.

1. Nature Swap in Battle Frontier for 50BP.
2. Besides of the lucky from the DexNav, there's An IVs Maxing in Battle Frontier that requite bottle caps.
3. For EVs reducer, I only know Stat Reducing berry in Fallshore. For EVs raiser, there's Energy drink (iron, protein, etc), and also you can get EVs feather daily from someone in the Vivill mart

N

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Hey, I've some advice for this game. Its just my personal opinion thought;

• Rather than giving an unfamiliar trainer as our Den's Raid mate, why don't u add someone familiar like Cathy/Cheryl? Maybe Riley and...Benga maybe? :0. Someone from other official game that doesn't take part in the main story from that game...like 3 people I mentioned above. I bet the player will be more exited

• The ending scene (after beat champion) only shows our self running, while in the original game (fire red) our rival and other starters take part in the ending scene. I think the ending scene will be much better if someone in game take part...maybe Jax and our rival? Or maybe the Unbound developers XD...really...I think its gonna be good

• Rather than giving a perfect IVs shiny pkmn from monthly mystery gift, why don't u give the pkmn that not yet obtained in the game like zoroark and meltan?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
• Rather than giving a perfect IVs shiny pkmn from monthly mystery gift, why don't u give the pkmn that not yet obtained in the game like zoroark and meltan?

I like the idea of giving a Zorua/Zoroark as a monthly gift. As far as I'm aware, it's the only non-legend that's not obtainable at least once in the story. Although, something tells me that there's a reason the creator didn't include it yet, maybe for a future update?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Weird.gif

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 18, 2021
I have an issue. My game is stuck. The game control is not working everything else is fine. I'm with the 'rival' in a dual game. But other save file works fine. I have encountered this problem in just one save state.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 1, 2021
Pokémon Unbound
DvAZCkX.png
Introduction
Hello Pokécommunity, my name is Skeli and this is my one and only ROM Hack. I began ROM Hacking seriously in 2016, and since then I've written various ASM routines, created the Dynamic Pokemon Expansion for FireRed, and created the Complete FireRed Upgrade alongside ghoulslash.
After much time, I am proud to announce that Pokemon Unbound is finally ready. There are now two fully-featured versions available:
  • The first is the main game, a story driven game with complex puzzles designed to test the limits of your patience and perseverance. Once you clear the main campaign, there is also a significant amount of post-game content to enjoy for weeks to come.
  • The second, known as the Battle Frontier Demo, showcases Unbound's battle engine by granting unrestricted access to the Battle Frontier. This version was created in the format of a mobile game; meaning daily rewards, monthly distributions, and unlimited playtime. If you enjoy battling, then you'll find no shortage of things to do with the over 100 different possible battle combinations. For a fair battling experience, I recommend this version over the main game's Insane difficulty - a difficulty designed around unfair challenges.
With that being said, enjoy Pokemon Unbound!​

Story
Welcome to the Borrius Region, a region rich in history. Many years ago the Borrius region fought a brutal war with the Kalos region. The people of the Borrius region summoned a dark force to help them defeat their enemies; however, the war ended in defeat when the king of the Kalos region unleashed the ultimate weapon. With the war over, the dark force was sealed away never to be used again. Many years later, an organization known simply as "The Shadows" seems bent on releasing the dark force once again. It's up to you to stop them and save the Borrius region from ultimate destruction.​

Features
  • A Powerful Engine: Pushing the Complete FireRed Upgrade to its maximum potential, Pokemon Unbound contains a custom battle engine on par with Gen 8, as well as many quality of life features that improve the gameplay experience just waiting to be found. Enjoy catching all of your favourite Pokemon, from Gen 1 up to Gen 7, while using all of your favourite moves and abilities from each of these generations!​
  • Features Galore: Pokemon Unbound is also chock full of features to enjoy, such as Unlimited Bag Space, Auto-Run, DexNav, Daily Raids, Inverse Battles, and much more!​
  • A New HM System: Have access to all of your favourite HMs without the hassle of carrying HM slaves! As long as your Pokemon can learn an HM, they will be able to use it in the overworld, and once you purchase the brand new key item - the ADM in the post-game, enjoy battling with all six Pokemon from your favourite team regardless of the HMs they can learn!​
  • Updated Graphics: Sporting Gen 4 graphics in the overworld and Gen 5-esqe interfaces, in addition to a dynamic day and night system, Pokemon Unbound has a brand new, yet familiar feel! You're not in Kanto anymore!​
  • Difficulty Modes: Choose from up to four different difficulty modes! Ranging from Easy to Insane, you can either sit back and relax or get your teeth kicked in by a completely brand new AI system!​
  • A Unique Mission System: Pokemon Unbound contains over 75 unique Missions to complete! Mission progress can be tracked using the new Mission Log, in addition to extra details, such as which items have been found in collectathons!​
  • Character Customization: Choose from up to 300 different combinations of skin tones, hair colours, and outfit colours! Unleash your fashion sense!​
  • Daily Events: There are plenty of events all over Borrius, many of which can be experienced daily, and some can only be found at certain points in the day! Play throughout the day to experience them all!​
  • Exciting Mini-Games: Play exciting mini-games such as Safari Sniper and Underground Mining!​
  • Challenging Puzzles: Put your brain to the test, and find ways to solve many of the unique and complex puzzles littered throughout Borrius!​
  • A Rich Post-Game: Spend hours after the main campaign battling in Pokemon Unbound's battle facilities, completing Missions, mining in the KBT Expressway, catching Legendary Pokemon, and so much more!​
  • A Custom OST: Enjoy over 50 unique songs composed for Pokemon Unbound, each as brilliant as the last!​

Screenshots
BtgdyMW.png
uxeHdDp.png

6X4AB4e.png
NjcpUFq.png
YVH6lt6.png

h6s4CKG.png
O8J4HUK.png
nJrpkQ1.png

OpalUXz.png
GdNHLjd.png
jObhq9S.png

VSJzssD.png
Hfi4LJw.png
Cnu7LXO.png

JoVBC04.png
AaKh2oJ.png
GthtLgt.png

QBQjEW8.png
sCrlvFV.png
sninQne.png

Gk7eaLE.png
6P8MTxw.png
nGWa1LB.png

FW7HQiL.png
dGMY8av.gif
mh1meX6.gif

voCDxVY.gif
oshHgHd.gif
vplhTTc.gif

IYErlmY.png
URjbWWQ.png
3xJ67HN.png

1KIVGZb.gif
iq8TozE.gif
YgoY4q6.gif

jHpkhVY.png
DH5ecfA.png
hgj8TlW.png

j7Fgmq1.png
3Gi0dkg.png
7RD5Iae.png

Oy992zB.png
CVKxJtX.gif
fXMd1a4.png

Videos

Special Thanks
• Golche for sprite work, feedback, music and bug testing, and all around good work.
• RowdyHD for the logo and support art.
• Theharth for many things such as testing, trainer text, menial labour, etc.
• Blanders, Humanly, Potatoboss, TimelessHeir, and PhazonRuler for astounding music composition.
• Nex for sprites and making the amazing title screen background.
Criminon for plenty of sprites and UI designs.
• Dr. Fuji, Hillsy13, and U.Flame for their great mapping work.
• Kamina for great sprite redesigns.
Lixdel for helping with a ton of stuff, including move animations, data insertion, and thorough bug testing.
Gail for helping test the CFRU in its infancy and plenty of bug testing afterwards.
• Patrickz for in-depth bug testing and AI suggestions.
• HnzMtthw for a great job bug testing and designing concept art.
• Sevenk for a great job bug testing and offering suggestions for improvements.
• Strudelmuffin for coming up with some great late-game puzzles.
• Noodlewhiz for handling bug reports and his research into the correct mining implementation.
• Phantom Phoenix for his VS fix and other early ROM Hacking help.
• Achromatic for his CSS Template as a Base.
• PRET for their astounding work with the decomps, a large reason Unbound is where it's at today.

Credits
Spoiler:

Bugs
All of the bugs and changes from the official games are listed in the attached readme file. If you find a bug not mentioned, please report it in the hack's Discord channel.

FAQ
Spoiler:

Documentation
Pokemon Guide (Credits to The Spectre)
Location Guide (Credits to SevenK)
Level-up movesets
Egg Moves
Evolution Methods
Base Stats & Wild Held Items
Battle Frontier Info
Trainer Teams (Credits to SkiDY)

Main Story Completion
100%

Battle Engine Completion
100%

Post Game Completion
90%

Downloads

Unbound 1.1.3.1
Original Release Date: December 1, 2020
Update Date: January 20, 2021
Completion: This is the completed version of Pokemon Unbound. A couple of areas from the post-game are still missing, but there is plenty to do in the meantime.
Update: New Game +, RANDOMIZER, plenty of general improvements, and bug fixes.

Unbound Battle Frontier 1.4.5.1
Original Release Date: July 1, 2019
Update Date: August 3, 2020
Completion: This is a demo version that allows you to play exclusively in the Borrius region's Battle Frontier. It contains four battle facilities enjoy, as well as Raid Battles and a Safari Zone demo.
Update: Gigantamax, Another PC Box, Bug Fixes, + More (See changelog)

Spoiler:

Special Distributions
Aprils's special distribution for the main game is a Shiny Lopunny based on Mel's! It'll be unavailable in the Battle Frontier Demo until I update it, but once the BFD is up to date you can redeem it forever! If you're playing the main game, once you defeat the Pokemon League, talk to the green deliveryman on the second floor of any Pokemon Center to enter the password to receive this Pokemon!​

lopunny.gif
Bag_Lopunnite_Sprite.png
Password: 5NB9MQ9DU2FM
Revealed On: April 2, 2021
Will be Hidden After: April 30, 2021

Awards

• HOTY 2019: Most Graphical Appeal
• HOTY 2019: Best Gameplay
• HOTY 2019: Fan Favourite

Support us!

EhoRFfU.png

https://discord.gg/k34Jm4T

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 1, 2021
Came here just to thank the developers for this game. Ive been playling a good couple of hack roms on the last 2 years, i was lookin for a hack that make possible the pokemon and mechanics of post-gba games. And Unbound was the best hack to do that, with a great history, mission system, good chalenges, the chaleng, mini bosses that are inteligent, madin you have to change your whole team to get tru it. and you put the trainin houses to make it slow or fast, you have the choice to breed slow or find the real counter. the maps are creative, make you think on what youre doin, so many good aspects i didnt see elsewhere. thank you for that game, thank you afor that good job! frm brazil

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
The game is very good, I liked it a lot. But I have a question, can I still be a beta tester?

N

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Came here just to thank the developers for this game. Ive been playling a good couple of hack roms on the last 2 years, i was lookin for a hack that make possible the pokemon and mechanics of post-gba games. And Unbound was the best hack to do that, with a great history, mission system, good chalenges, the chaleng, mini bosses that are inteligent, madin you have to change your whole team to get tru it. and you put the trainin houses to make it slow or fast, you have the choice to breed slow or find the real counter. the maps are creative, make you think on what youre doin, so many good aspects i didnt see elsewhere. thank you for that game, thank you afor that good job! frm brazil

I like seeing people replying a good feedback for this hack. Cz as for me this hack is the best GBA hack until now. I just can't wait for the costume box and Cube Corp...I hope Skeli can surprise me even more.
Also can anyone stop spamming the main post? It's not an easy thing for keep scrolling

N

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I like the idea of giving a Zorua/Zoroark as a monthly gift. As far as I'm aware, it's the only non-legend that's not obtainable at least once in the story. Although, something tells me that there's a reason the creator didn't include it yet, maybe for a future update?

Maybe there would be an event for Zoroark...maybe an event with N? :0.
I personally more like to see familiar face rather than new face...like when we meet Looker...its just surprising to see someone I've meet before in other game taking part in this great hack

Thor Wilkins

Pokemon Rom hack player
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2021
POKEMON UNBOUND

POKEMON UNBOUND, I AM REALLY ENJOYING THIS ROM HACK SO FAR.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Is there any chance that this ROM hack will work smoothly on the latest, PUBLIC release of Delta 1.3 for iOS? I'm hoping it will considering there have been multiple Beta builds of Delta that were [not publicly] released in the past year+ and v.1.3 is the completed public release, including phenomenal emulators that seemingly run at full speed (likely device-dependent) for NES, SNES, GB/GBC, GBA, N64, & NDS.

This game looks absolutely beautifully made and I am very excited to play it, but I worry about issues I may face since the game itself gives a warning about using Delta emulator, amongst others, and says to "change emulators immediately" but doesn't elaborate on why… I'd prefer not to use a different GBA emulator on my iPhone as this one outshines all others I've tried.

If I understand correctly based on the few mentions of Delta for iOS in this thread, the "problem" or bug with Delta emulator (in the past...?) is an RTC/"TRC" issue that never lets the game's time advance or something like that, so it's always 00:00:00 in-game? Or is it something else? I am testing it out and hopefully everything goes well since the mentions of Delta for iOS in this thread are from last year, except for one posted on March 28 of this year. I'm not sure which version of Delta this or other users have been using to run the game.

If anyone has some insight on the problem, please don't hesitate to reply! I appreciate all responses related to this issue! Thank you! ☺️👍

Edit: It appears to work so far. The game knows how long I've been playing & the date and time are synced with that of my iPhone. I'm not sure what the problem is quite yet…

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2023
The RNG system like DS is so boring, i cant use resets to capturing pokémon because all battles are scripted, bad point of game =\

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
The RNG system like DS is so boring, i cant use resets to capturing pokémon because all battles are scripted, bad point of game =\

I don't view it as boring. I view it as an anti-cheat measure. One could even say that loading save states until you get the results you want is boring, because you will likely know the end result when using them. I think it's a necessary step to take, personally.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Not exactly. Fixed RNG is even worse, everything scripted is pretty tedious. Most of the time, people like me use save states to avoid time waste; but with scripted rng is everything about the game "will". Its not possible to bear that if a pokemon is scripted to be not captured, yoiu must fail then. People dont want to waste entire life on doing a capture. Few days ago i ve tried to capture Celesteela; after a a pinch state, and inflict a lot of sleeping and use about 50 Ultra Balls its not acceptable that the pokemon was not captured. I wasted a lot of time pratically for nothing because the game wanted so. This is atrocious, expecially with mission that force you to capture pokemon instead of choice to capture or defeat (Portal Purge).
This game is basically perfect, full of stuff, but the legendary catch mission ruin the experience. I would bare the fixed rng if i can choice to just defeat the legendaries instead of feel forced to catch em all.

Back