• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just put your dishes in the sink,and nobody has to die.

Crux

Evermore
Years
The Kitchen. Some people love it, others... not so much.
Everybody, at some point, has kitchen duties... and so the questions at hand...

How is your relationship with the kitchen?
Do you avoid cleaning the kitchen?
Do you clean up after you've used the kitchen, or just leave the mess there?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I try to avoid the kitchen as much I can. I go in there to cook and then leave. As far as cleaning it I do that only when absolutely necessary. Now as far as dishes are concerned I'll rinse them off every meal (to get the grimy food residue off) but I'll only actually wash them once or twice a week. Fortunately, I rarely eat "messy" food so I can go without doing the dishes for a few days at a time. Note that I do live alone and am the only one who uses my dishes so I can get away with washing them every few days.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm not a big fan of it. :x
Partially because I've nearly started fires multiple times haha. I'm not exactly the best cook, in case you can't tell. X) I also just don't pay enough attention. I almost microwaved a plastic spoon the other night.
If there's any kind of mess from my cooking (I rarely don't make my own food), I leave it there until after I eat. Then go clean it up eventually, unless I forget. In which case my mother certainly will remind me. I:

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I just grab and go lol. When I'm hungry I go there. If not, I stay out of it :P

If my mom ask me to do the dishes I'l do it, no problem there tho.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm okay with the kitchen; I just don't feel skilled enough to cook, even though I helped a few times.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
The only thing that I do in the kitchen is the washing-up. Rarely, I might be in there do to some baking...

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Talli don't go much into the kitchen, he only goes in to get an snack or to make dinner. I don't really do much in the kitchen in all.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I have a good "relationship" with the kitchen. I use it a lot. I cook, I bake, I clean my dishes, and any dishes that I served my family members with. My microwave hates me, I completely stop using it.

fun to answer the questions:

How is your relationship with the kitchen? - I mentioned above, 99% good, 1% bad with the microwave. I try and keep it clean when ever I finished using it. Even washing my pots and pans after 5 minutes of cooking, give some time for the pots to cool down

Do you avoid cleaning the kitchen? - Never, unless its not my mess. I clean up aftermyself.

Do you clean up after you've used the kitchen, or just leave the mess there? - I clean my own messes. At times I might also wash a few dishes if they are on the sink.

Years
The kitchen in my apartment is sorely neglected. I'm usually only in there to heat something up really fast. I don't do proper cooking, and neither does my roommate. :/

It could stand to be cleaner, too, like the rest of my apartment. Lately I've been better about keeping up with the dishes, but I need to reduce clutter and give the counters a good scrub. I kind of avoid a long-term cleaning. Partially bitter because I'm the only one that does it. Oh well.

Years
I hate my kitchen. It's a one person-sized kitchen with no counter space. If you open the fridge there's no space to open anything else and anyone in the kitchen has to leave first. You can hardly do anything in it. If you're cleaning there's no room to put the clean dishes so they gotta be washed and dried one at a time. I wish it was bigger, then maybe I'd have more love for it.

Years
I pretty much am only in the kitchen to eat and make food. I dont usually leave the kitchen a mess and clean up when Im finished cooking and eating.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
The Kitchen. Some people love it, others... not so much.
Everybody, at some point, has kitchen duties... and so the questions at hand...

My relationship with the kitchen is good, 'cause I'm always hungry xD
I try to but then I just hear my mom screaming my name to come do something xD
I will clean up my plate and put it in the sink and all but everyone else tends to leave it at times :P xD

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
I don't cook, unless you count stuff like cereal and microwave stuff :P I always put away what I take out and clean up whatever mess I make, though.

I'm the dish-washer at my house now. There are six of us... -__- Luckily, we only use paper plates, but there are always a ton of cups in the sink because nobody makes an effort to save their cup for the day or remember which one is theirs. We also use a lot of big pots and bowls for cooking, and I usually wash those by hand instead of trying to stuff them all into the dishwasher. Lately I've been asking my family to please pour out and rinse their dishes before just sticking it in the sink, because it's disgusting to find old guacamole and sauce and stuff later.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
A: I'm not a fancy cooker. But I always use the kitchen.
A: Sometimes, and more often if I'm in a boarding house.
A: I always clean up. I don't like pest living there.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm good with the kitchen. If I'm not too tired from work, I really enjoy cooking. Actually.. I enjoy making food for others more than myself. I will be lazy sometimes and just use my sandwich press to make grilled cheese and tomato toasties sometimes. And I may not clean up right all the time, but I will put my dishes in the sink to do the next day :3

I like to keep a clean kitchen though.. I'm pretty anal when it comes to bacteria and all that :c..

Years
Trust me, the kitchen and I do not get along. I'm also horrible at cooking due to my massive fear of heat, therefore putting me off anything hot.

Also, I have to wash dishes almost every day. It's tedious and makes my hands prune.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I hate doing work in the kitchen. I don't like cleaning up after other people so I really hate doing dishes because I tend to use less dishes than anyone I know and the bulk of my work ends up being cleaning up after other people. We recently got a dishwasher that works, though, and that has ceased to be a problem so far. *u*

But I always clean up after myself, be it by rinsing my dishes or putting them right in the dishwasher. Even if I'm the one cooking and everyone else is just standing around, I'll usually pause to wash my dishes instead of just dropping them in the sink or leaving them around.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My current relationship with the kitchen is like the relationship between a drunk man and his one-night stand. I open it up, take whatever I want and do nothing to give back.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
My living space doesn't have a dishwasher so I try to be efficient as possible. I don't really mind cleaning, but I DO mind the chemistry of some food items that renders my cookware extremely difficult to clean. Why do things stick to a nonstick skillet with a little bit of oil in it? Why has the burnt part of this sauce fused to the bottom of the pot? Where do my measuring cups go when I need them?

We'll never know.

Back