• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
And please god no Kingdom Hearts. I don't mind Snake because the MGS universe is so utterly ridiculous and self-aware that he actually fits (nevermind Kojima and Sakurai's friendship), but he's still a bit much. Sora would be pushing it.
I think comparing MGS to Kingdom Hearts in regards to their inclusion in Super Smash Bros isn't such a good idea. Snake doesn't fit in SSB, and that's just the thing. It's because of the comedic nature of his appearance that he worked in the setting with those characters.

Sora's different, though. Given the often times cartoony nature of Kingdom Hearts and...well...Disney in general, Sora's serious attitude mixed with his Disney-level cheeriness make him quite appropriate for Super Smash Bros. I think he fits quite well, and there'd be little opposition from fans of Smash for the same reason, save maybe for the fact that they might not like Kingdom Hearts.

Years
I think comparing MGS to Kingdom Hearts in regards to their inclusion in Super Smash Bros isn't such a good idea. Snake doesn't fit in SSB, and that's just the thing. It's because of the comedic nature of his appearance that he worked in the setting with those characters.

Sora's different, though. Given the often times cartoony nature of Kingdom Hearts and...well...Disney in general, Sora's serious attitude mixed with his Disney-level cheeriness make him quite appropriate for Super Smash Bros. I think he fits quite well, and there'd be little opposition from fans of Smash for the same reason, save maybe for the fact that they might not like Kingdom Hearts.

I will concur that Sora is suitable for Smash Bros. But it won't happen. He's more associated to Sony than Nintendo. Just the way it is.

I am happy that Zelda was confirmed though as it confirms Ganondorf at the same time. After all, if they have the roster space to waste on the clone character Toon Link, then they have already added Ganondorf. Simple to predict. Especially as Ganondorf has been in 2 Smash Bros games already. He's not going anywhere in a hurry.

Though it doesn't look good for new Zelda characters though

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I will concur that Sora is suitable for Smash Bros. But it won't happen. He's more associated to Sony than Nintendo. Just the way it is.
Agreed, I'm honestly not completely sure why it was a subject of debate in the first place. I mean, there's not much outcry for him and there'd be little reason to put him in other than Dream Drop Distance and Birth By Sleep. I realize that Snake got in (which really does make it something of an unlikely possibility), but Neku's a more likely choice for SSB4 than Sora.

On that note, Neku for 2014/15 SSB. They could get really creative with his moveset and playstyle.

Years
Agreed, I'm honestly not completely sure why it was a subject of debate in the first place. I mean, there's not much outcry for him and there'd be little reason to put him in other than Dream Drop Distance and Birth By Sleep. I realize that Snake got in (which really does make it something of an unlikely possibility), but Neku's a more likely choice for SSB4 than Sora.

On that note, Neku for 2014/15 SSB. They could get really creative with his moveset and playstyle.

Neku is far more likely. Then again it's Square Enix. You never know with them. One minute they promote Cloud. Then it's Lightning.

Now here's a good thought. What about the following? They are the very meaning of Nintendo-loyalty

Professor Layton
Isaac from Golden Sun
Shulk from Xenoblade

They seem very possible to me

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I despise roster discussions, especially regarding third parties, but I won't lie that I'd like seeing Layton or Phoenix Wright in this. I won't lie that I want Snake back either, especially since he was in Brawl.

That said, all I really want is Lil Mac. Him alone would justify the purchase of the game for me...OK, I lie, Wario and DK (amongst other) did that since the beginning, but I'd be very happy to see a representative of one of my favorite games (Punch Out) and my favorite hobby (Boxing) to be in a series I've been with for a long time.

Years
I despise roster discussions, especially regarding third parties, but I won't lie that I'd like seeing Layton or Phoenix Wright in this. I won't lie that I want Snake back either, especially since he was in Brawl.

That said, all I really want is Lil Mac. Him alone would justify the purchase of the game for me...OK, I lie, Wario and DK (amongst other) did that since the beginning, but I'd be very happy to see a representative of one of my favorite games (Punch Out) and my favorite hobby (Boxing) to be in a series I've been with for a long time.

I do as well but you rarely see stage discussions (That said, a Hyrule<->Lorule stage from Link Between Worlds would be amazing) or assist trophy discussions. It's typically the bread and butter of fighting games. Heck I've seen topics just for roster discussion.

I hope they provide Lil Mac too. He looked like fun! Layton I hope they give justice. He did so much to the DS. 15 milion Layton copies sold and a franchise that people remember. He in my opinion is the only other character (Phoenix Wright as well) who should be made to have a space.

I base my predictions based on the facts I see. That's why I saw a new Mario character coming. As well as Ganondorf's return.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Stage discussions are more fun and civil I agree. (music as well)

We already caught a glimpse of the Punch Out stage (shut up let me have hope), but I'd looove a Rhythm Heaven stage and a proper Donkey Kong one.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Speaking of music, these are my top 10 musics I'd like to see in SSB4:

1. Dark Bowser (Bowser's Inside Story)
2. Don't Speak Her Name (Fire Emblem Awakening)
3. Moldarach/Koloktos (Skyward Sword)
4. C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
5. Rundas (Metroid Prime 3)
6. You Will Know Our Names (Xenoblade)
7. King Krusha Rool (Donkey Kong 64)
8. Porky Means Business (Earthbound)
9. We Are the Robots (Mega Man 9)
10. Champion Iris (Pokémon Black 2/White 2)

Wazee Wynkoop

New Start!
Years
I haven't played Skyward Sword yet, but I'd bet Ghirahim would make it in as a new fighter, wouldn't he?

As for 3rd parties, I feel like Mega Man might be it. I really do hope Snake comes back too.
Same with Lucario; I was fearing he'd be replaced by a reduxed Mewtwo, but who knows.

Rosalina looks fun to play and I'm glad they're getting more females in!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I haven't played Skyward Sword yet, but I'd bet Ghirahim would make it in as a new fighter, wouldn't he?

As for 3rd parties, I feel like Mega Man might be it. I really do hope Snake comes back too.
Same with Lucario; I was fearing he'd be replaced by a reduxed Mewtwo, but who knows.

Not really sure if you're joking or not, but if you aren't, Mega Man was one of the first revealed characters for SSB4.

And I'm also glad that they're adding more female fighters, it's always good to have that variety. It wasn't something I really appreciated until Brawl, where later on I would go out of my way to use Zelda, Peach, and Samus (ZS).

Speaking of music, and since we're on the subject of Punch Out!, they need to add a remix of the original battle theme from Punch Out! NES and Wii, among many many many other songs that need to be in it.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Speaking of music, and since we're on the subject of Punch Out!, they need to add a remix of the original battle theme from Punch Out! NES and Wii
You mean like this? Or this? How about this? :P

Personally all I really want is for the DKC series to get proper representation music wise (and STAGE WISE). I honestly can't see ANY reason why we still haven't gotten the popular Aquatic Ambiance or Forest Interlude in Brawl, aside from the fact they're maybe too ambient for Smash. But then again, we got stuff like Snowman. They did add Stickerbush Symphony, but I honestly don't like the remix lol.
Gimme my Mining Melancholy in Smash, man. :(

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

Have you not learned anything from Skull Kid's assist trophy confirmation? One-time Zelda characters have zero chance at appearing in Smash as playable characters.

Both can co-exist now that 5 is the new limit of slots for Mario and Pokémon.

As for 3rd parties, I feel like Mega Man might be it.
If you've been going through the website since June based on your comment on Rosalina, you should already know by now that Mega Man is already in the game.

As for Punch Out!! music, your lack of mentioning the password theme disappoints me.

Wazee Wynkoop

New Start!
Years
When I was talking about Mega Man, I was saying I think he's the only new addition for 3rd parties, meaning "Mega Man is it," nothing else. But I hope I'm wrong.

I can't really pursue the line of thought for Ghirahim, the only argument I'd make is if he has potential to be a recurring villain, but maybe he dies in Skyward for all I know (rather not be spoiled on that).
If it's true that one-time Zelda characters can't become main fighters, then that saddens me. That means LoZ won't get more than the 4 they have for a long while. None of the other characters are really fighters, or fighters worthy enough for a slot.

Good point about the 5 slot thing though; if they brought Toon Link back, then I shouldn't really be worried about Lucario.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hm, what about the music tracks? Are there any sorts of musics that you'd love to hear in SSB4?

Personally I do hope that they'll use some of the older Fire Emblem tracks from the older Fire Emblem games, like maybe some from Radiant Dawn or something. Other than that, I expect to hear some Fire Emblem Awakening osts, but, hopefully things like Id-Awakening.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'd like it if they threw a curveball and put in someone from, say, Seisen no Keifu or one of the other older, non-officially translated Fire Emblems. If only because it would build demand for those games to be brought over and then boom, we'll either see remakes or translated VC (probably VC, but that's just as good to me).

After all, that's how the series came over in the first place. It's sad that Mother 3 wasn't so lucky, though.

Years
In regards to Ghirahim, I'll quote what I posted at another forum

"In all honesty, Impa is a very likely character. Most of the characters in Smash Bros are typically reoccurring characters in the franchise (there are exemptions of course. Ike/Roy for one)

But looking through the reoccurring characters in Zelda, there are really only 4 left for possibilities

Sheik
Ganondorf
Impa
Vaati

Whilst Ghirahim is indeed a popular character, Vaati has more of a chance due to his games typically being on the handheld. Thus making a Zelda handheld representative

And Ganondorf is pretty much confirmed since they confirmed Toon Link. If they have the roster space to waste on a clone character (Clone character for now...), they have already added Ganondorf."

Back