• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Video Gaming (V3)

Years
Day 13 - A Video game that you don't own anymore, but wish to play again someday

I had quite a good number of PS2 games that I really loved, but didn't hold on to when my PS2 died. Among those off the top of my head that I'd love to play again are some of the old WWE Smackdown games (specifically 4 and 5), ESPN NHL 2K6 (included some of the best mini-games in a sports game) and Tony Hawk's Underground. I would've included some old Sega/Game Boy games, but at least emulators are a thing now.

Day 14 - Your best accomplishments in any video game

I've got three that I think are my best accomplishments in different respects.

The first is getting Platinum Trophies for 5 different games on the PS3 (all sports games- no surprise there). The second was being ranked in the top 100 in the world all-time for online shootouts on NHL 10 by the time EA permanently shut down the servers.

The last one (which you could argue is an accomplishment depending on how you look at it) is that any time you're racing the computer on the top difficulty on SSX, it was actually one of my runs. Like I said, maybe not so much an accomplishment, but having my runs selected over hundreds of others' that tested the game was pretty cool to me.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Well, for one, I've got 3 stars on my profile in Mario Kart DS, which it took a really, really long time for me to get, because some of those missions are easy to complete, but hard to get 3 stars because of the time constraints. XD

I've also managed to officially beat 100% of Tales of Vesperia. there were a lot of sidequests, battles, and crazy items to get, but, all that paid off to get this achievement!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Forgot about this :@

Day 08 - Best soundtrack(s) in a video game

Katamari Damacy, Pokemon Emerald and Sonic Heroes.

Day 09 - Best ending in a video game

Most of the games I play have no set ending, but I will say that the endings to the first two Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are pretty great for a Pokemon title.

Day 10 - What consoles do you own?

• GBA (1 Black, 1 Pearl Pink)
  • 2 DS Lite (both with broken hinges)
  • 1 3DS
  • 1 Wii U
  • 1 PSP
  • 1 Nexus 7 (what? It works very well with a USB gamepad attached to it)

Day 11 - What video game are you looking forward to purchasing?

I'm looking forward to purchasing Pokemon Y and a used copy of The World Ends With You soon.

Day 12 - What video game-related merchandise do you own?

I have lots of Pokemon figurines and lots of video-game related posters I get from magazines.

Day 13 - A Video game that you don't own anymore, but wish to play again someday

I would really like to find a copy of The World Ends With You (as previously stated above) as I've only played in on a friend's DS.

I once made a roller coaster with a Extreme excitement rating in RCT2 once!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

I explored the whole region of Azeroth & Outlands to get my Explorer title and to get one of the longest achievements in the game, I also got a ugly tabard out of that xD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I've never sold any games. I still have everything But for a game I borrowed and no longer have? GoldenEye on N64.

I was so proud as kid getting 151 Pokemon in Pokemon blue. Also like my single sitting playthrough I used to do: Pokemon Snap, Zelda: OoT, Banjo-Kazooie, Paper Mario

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years

Not a whole lot, but I do have some video game posters, a couple of Pokemon keychains, some Pokemon stickers, a shoebox filled with Pokemon cards, and maybe some other stuff I can't think of at the moment.

One of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, I haven't completed any of them since Blue Rescue Team. >_<

Uuuhh, I'm not really sure about this. Probably back in Leafgreen when I was facing Lance of the Elite Four, all I had left has my underleveled Gengar and Lance's remaining Pokemon was Gyrados. Gyrados kept on spamming Hydro Pump, but thankfully it missed until it ran out of PP for it. I think its only remaining damage-dealing move was Earthquake, since Gengar had Levitate, he was safe from further harm. I just Shadow Ball'd Gyrados until victory. I still have that same Gengar in my White 2. :3

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Nothing noteworthy for me. Never been one who guns for a high score or goes for 100% completion either. There might be something, but nothing really comes to mind.

Years

The only one I can think of right now is earning the maximum amount of money in Luigi's Mansion which is 142,390,000G. There was a lot of saving and resetting the game to achieve that perfect score. This is something I will never do again because there is no extra things earned for getting all of the money.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Day 15 - Favourite video game company

Nintendo, pretty much! Their games are what I grew up with, with their consoles like the NES, the N64, the Gameboy, the Gamecube, and so on! I really love the stuff that they dish out, and I can't wait to see them at this year's E3.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

I'm going with Nintendo for this one. Their consoles always made me wanna buy them and their games are just amazing, both retro and modern.

Arcturus.

Years

My absolute favorite has to be Bungie, seeing as I've been a Halo fan for as long as I can remember. (Also Destiny looks cool. o3o) My second favorite is definitely Nintendo. :D

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 15 - Favorite video game company

Hm, I have a lot that I like, but not one sure-fire favorite. Konami is somewhere near the top for a lot of good franchises like Suikoden, Metal Gear, Silent Hill (1-4), Zone of the Enders and so on. Atlus is a good one too, not just for development, but for localizing and publishing numerous JRPGs. Of course, I'll always have place in my heart for Capcom (despite their DLC practices), Nintendo, and Sega as well.

Working Designs was a former publisher that localized a ton of RPGs for a number of years. Sad when they closed down back in 05' since they usually took liberties with the dialogue and always found it pretty entertaining. Always been a favorite.

Years
Day 11 - What video game are you looking forward to purchasing?

Pokemon X

I own a promotional poster for Dragon Quest IX, and a Sonic Action Figure.

IAlot of my Xbox 360 titles that I had to part with after my Xbox finally died after limping for a while. Some of the more notable ones being Final Fantasy XIII and Halo 4, but there are almost far too many to list. I also sold a copy of Final Fantasy V for the GBA and ever since I've basically been itching to play it.

It isn't much, but I've beaten Bastion with every Idol active.

Day 15- What is your favourite Video Game Company?

Sega, Capcom, Rare, and Square Enix will always have a place in my heart, although recently their game quality and buisness practices have turned me off to them. I will be a lifelong Nintendo nerd. (kinda a given). I've always enjoyed many of the games released by Bungie, Team Ninja, Level 5, and Platinum. Game Freak also gets a special mention :)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Day 16 - Least favourite video game company

LJN, I suppose. I mean, they were the company that managed to create the most video game adaptations from movies, but, their games were just plain awful. If you've played their games for the NES, you'd probably reach the same conclusion.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022

My favorite would be Nintendo. I know, a very unoriginal opinion, but they basically saved video games in the USA and made some the best games ever made. Capcom, Squeenix, Rare and Bizzare Creations get special mentions.

Activison's games were always rather ovverated in my opinion, plus most of their games just seem boring to me or have copious dlc (something which Capcom is gulity of, but not to their degree)

EA is even worse in my opinion, releases games which you literally cannot play, ignoring important and great consoles such as the Dreamcast and the Wii U and just being the first company to be named worst company in the US 2 times in a row.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 16 - Least favorite video game company

Maybe Rare? I mean, nothing immediately comes to mind. They released a ton of great games during the 90's, but after selling themselves to Microsoft, they've never been quite the same. (Who remembers the now ill-fated Donkey Kong Racing being canceled because of this?) >_> What have the done recently? A couple of games for the Kinect...

Years

I'm really not someone that prefers certain companies to others, but I might have to say that Game Freak is one of my favorites. Sure, I may have only played their Pokemon games and not the handful of other titles they've put out, but being able to go 17+ years with the same basic formula and still putting out fun games shows they've done something right.

I really hate to say it, having done work with them and still enjoying many of their games, but my least favorite has to be EA. They've got so many good games out there that should really be great games, but only following their own agenda and not listening to the general consumers really hurts them. Just out of personal experience, there are games like NHL 13, where in their most recent update, there are players on certain teams that haven't actually played in the NHL for 2 seasons now, and others are still in the game that haven't played since 2008! They also shut down online servers to games as little as 2 years after their releases, basically forcing you to buy the new versions, or move on (and all this is just in the EA Sports wing- I won't even get into some of the other stuff).

Arcturus.

Years

I've never really been a fan of EA, with largest reason being I just don't really play videogames from the sports genre.

I've never really been a fan of EA, with largest reason being I just don't really play videogames from the sports genre.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Day 17 - Favourite antagonist

Mmm, Lyon from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Mithos from Tales of Symphonia, Dhaos from Tales of Phantasia, Juri from Street Fighter, and Arietta, the Wild from Tales of Abyss.

All my favourite villains!

Years

Nintendo because they pretty much got me into in gaming starting with the Super Nintendo.

I am not fond of Capcom. Capcom for starting the trend of charging for DLC that is already on the disc.

Day 17 - Favourite antagonist

I really liked Kefka from FFVI for actually taking over the world and destroying it in the process while making himself god.

Back