• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you think of a "All in one" Pokémon game?

All games combined

• Total voters
Years
Agreeing with Brendino. This idea would be really nice to finish off the series, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

Perhaps to accommodate such a small amount of space to put such a large amount of data (maps and trainers, mainly) on, you could put in a sample section of each region instead of the whole thing for all 5/6/however many generations (regions) there would be? Or expand it into multiple versions like each generation has been...or combine them all as 2-3 cartridges, depending on which format they use, and sell it as one entire package. Maybe combine 1-4 as they're Japan-based, then 5+ because they have international influences. There's a myriad of possibilities if they did a "finale" to this series.

Regarding level curves, a level 100 E4 and Champion is probably the hardest thing a kid could face (because I'm pretty sure this game is still marketed towards younger audiences), especially if you haven't played this franchise beyond 2 or so regions. Unless it involved some sort of level reset the levels would get pretty high once you cross into the 3rd E4, if multiple E4s are allowed. Or maybe you get to keep your progress throughout the compilation (money, pokedex, etc.), but you have to have an entirely new team in each region?

And could you imagine having 5 villainous teams against you? Team Rocket, Team Magma and Aqua, Team Galactic, and Team Plasma? Sounds crazy, unless it's strictly divided so that there's only one team per region.

Concluding this rant, I think an "all in one" game would signal the end of the franchise as we know it. It would be an excellent idea, and probably one that would be well-received by almost any Pokemon fan. Due to hardware limitations, however, a handheld device as the platform for this game is probably out of the question unless it came in a package of multiple cartridges. A console might be able to handle all of the data on one disc, but not all of the marketed audience may own consoles.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
Every Region & Pokemon

With the 3ds in mind, I believe a spin-off of the main series games with every region &
pokemon up to this point would be phenomenal.

Oak opens with the speech. Asks your gender, age, what u look like & what region ur from. Ur given ur starter by the regions prof. (a pokemon native to the region, it's uncommon to find & its evo's are rare in the wild) but soon after all the rare pokemon in the prof lab are stolen by new antagonist organization working in conjunction with each evil group & it's up to u too take them down. The gym leaders, elite 4 & champions don't know about & its your responsibility (on your quest to become a pokemon master) to let them know (no one believes u but the org shows up at the end of every gym battle/league victory to try and steel pokemon) & build up a strong team to stop the antagonists in an end-game final battle (along side red, blue, cynthia, lance etc).

Now, I understand there could be some concerns but let me address them:

Game Cartridge Space - The 3ds has the capacity for up too 8GB of space... u could fit Skyward Sword & Monster Hunter Tri onto the cartridge so there won't be a problem.

Leveling - The amount of time it takes to actually raise a full team of 6 to lvl 100.... would finally be filled seamlessly, no more repetitive grinding. But how many of u actually use the same team each region? Ha! Be honest. You'll at least have a few pokemon on rotation... remember some pokemon are region exclusive, so even if ur stubborn enough to say u'll only use 6 it's possible all 6 aren't going to be available to u right off the bat... which leads into my next point...

Trading - A fundamental part of pokemon... with starers available in the wild (in this spin-off title) along with every other pokemon wouldn't this be pointless? No. There are still region specific pokemon, for ppl who want to rush through the game & cut exploring down trading is the way to go and have we forgotten about natures? Unless this game has a pokedex that can identify natures before capturing ur still going to have to grind hard for that.

Money Making - They should charge $60 or even $80 to make up for the additional work/content. I'm not adverse to paying that considering what I'd be getting.

Discuss.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I like the idea if that much data can be compressed into one cartridge. 6 generations worth of Pokémon would be time-consuming but fun if you want all 660+ Pokémon. I hope one day that they make a game like that for computer/laptop use as I use my laptop alot. I'd have fun collecting them all, even ones I have never had because of not having certain games/game systems.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
I've always longed for the day they would make an all-in-one pokémon game. But in this thread I came across with some arguments I haven't thought about before and I gotta admit a game like that would be inviable. Maybe this could be better done using a different game mechanics? Perhaps as a tactical turn based-game, like the Pokémon Conquest game, which seems to have had a positive reception. You could face all gyms/plot events in succession and the storyline would be developed in cutscenes/cg between each stage. But I believe that goes against the expected by many, regarding the adventuring through all regions...

Years
To me I think that an "All in One" Pokemon game will use up all the space in a game cartridge for the DS but if there was a game like that it should be released for the Wii or WiiU if you ask me.

Years
I think that game would be huuuuuge fun. XD An easier way to complete the pokedex? (Which wouldn't happen for me anyway.) I would buy it, no matter what the price. :P

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
It sounds like a neat idea...being able to catch Pokemon from all 5 (soon 6) generations, traverse every single region, defeat numerous Elite Four members, Gym Leaders and Champions, and meet every single rival...

But, with every seemingly perfect idea, are bad things.

For one, the game could be quiiite lengthy. 5 regions to run around in could take a long time to complete. The game could get boring too, especially if you've played the previous games prior to this "collection" game. As if you know what's going to happen next.
It could work, though.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
Me and my brother were actually discussing an idea such as this yesterday and now that I've found this thread, I'll share what we thought of.

You'll start off in Kanto (obviously) and make your way through the story as you normally would. You'll become Champion and then be informed that you can now travel to Johto. Your character makes a decision (which is automated and isn't a choice the player can make) to let Prof. Oak look after your current Pokemon as you'd like to start afresh considering you're starting your journey in a whole different region.
You then travel to Johto and do the exact same thing. The same happens throughout all regions.

I know this idea has been mentioned and someone (sorry, I can't remember who) said there would be no point because you could play all games separately and have the same effect. This is where my idea has a twist to it.

Once all the regions have been completed, Ash meets you and tells you about an island where tournaments are held to determine who is the ultimate Pokemon trainer. He gives you a ticket (which would be for the S.S. Anne just for nostalgia) and says that it's a great opportunity for you and he hopes to see you there.

Once you get there, you get to choose a final team from all of the Pokemon which have entered the Hall of Fame. You MUST pick ONE Pokemon from each region and then the 6th Pokemon in your party can be a choice of any of the other Pokemon champs regardless of region. Once you've chosen your team, you take part in the tourney. There's the qualifying round, 2 rounds, quarters, semis and then the final.

Obviously each round will get gradually more difficult as you progress further. Each of the other participants will also have a similar team (therefore 1 from each region and the 6th as their choice of any), just to keep things fair throughout. If you lose at any point in the tournament, you can't just start it again like you can with gyms and Elite fours. You'll have to wait until the next day and then try again.
The current ultimate champion will of course be Ash and his team will have the same basis but he will have the best of the best. He will have Pokemon with moves and abilities to combat anything. This means it will take pure skill to be able to beat him.

One addition which I think would be good (which I've seen in the Light Platinum hack) would be a better Safari Zone in each region. Wherein, you'd be able to choose different parts of the Safari Zone to enter in order to catch different types of Pokemon. So a desert section, a ice section etc. This would actually be the ideal way to be able to catch them all because otherwise it would be difficult to spread out each regions Pokemon across the whole region. This would give leeway for a ton of Pokemon to be available but not in the open map.

Thoughts?

I know that it will likely never happen on a handheld console but discussions like this are great because you really get to see the creativity of how others would envisage a new Pokemon game.

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
Well, KidCarter, I think you might have settled a lot of the dispute going about this thread. I think the very concept of a massive Pokemon game is amazing, but with all the other games, how would they implement enough of a story line to compete? I mean, it would get VERY dull and repetitive as you go on, especially for veterans. Sure, it is a total revamp with enhanced graphics and such (I won't even delve into the storage space, because this is all merely speculation) but if you just stick in the same old stuff from the past games, the concept falls over in its own flaw.

Now only that, but we are also neglecting the spin-off regions such as those in Pokemon Ranger and maybe/probably/somewhat those in Pokemon Rescue Dungeon. Are those worth even giving a spot in the game, or are they forever to remain as spin-offs? On second thought, they would be kind of pointless, considering they would be full with the same Pokemon in the other regions. However, it wouldn't hurt to mind them a mini-game or two just to show they were there in the first place.

As said before, this would all be impossible in the current stage of technology, seeing as you'd need to buy a pre-made computer full of the game's guts to run it properly (Hyperbole, deal with it), but that doesn't mean speculation is disallowed. This is kind of enjoyable.

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
I don't get how people can hate on this idea. I've always LOVED the idea of a pokemon game with all regions, all gyms, all everything. I hope such a game will be like the "final" pokemon game.

Or someone will make a fan-version of it :>

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
Well, KidCarter, I think you might have settled a lot of the dispute going about this thread. I think the very concept of a massive Pokemon game is amazing, but with all the other games, how would they implement enough of a story line to compete? I mean, it would get VERY dull and repetitive as you go on, especially for veterans. Sure, it is a total revamp with enhanced graphics and such (I won't even delve into the storage space, because this is all merely speculation) but if you just stick in the same old stuff from the past games, the concept falls over in its own flaw.
In terms of the storyline, there would be a very thin line between it being boring and being amazing. Obviously it couldn't simply be the current storylines otherwise it would become quite tedious (At best). However, complete new storylines also wouldn't be a good idea because then it's not a combination of the current games. I think it would need to to have the same base as all the current storylines but with just enough additions and twists that it becomes new without it being too new.

Things like Battle Tower would also need to be thought about carefully. Would the BT's be as they currently are and once all the region's have been completed, there's a separate island (possibly where the best trainer tournament, as mentioned in my last post, would be) where the battle frontier would be and then all the previous BT's close down and redirect to there instead. Or would they simply be kept in there original places with no changes to that part of the game?

Graphics, as you mentioned, would also be a major part because if they were to use the latest Pokemon graphics throughout the whole game, that could be a turn off to some people because they may not like the latest graphics and want more of a nostalgic feel to it.

I reckon just from such questions, aswell as inevitably tons of others, is the reason why it's highly unlikely to ever happen. All the community needs to wait for is the technology to be available and then it could be a huge community project to create the ultimate game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It would be wonderous to have a game that included all regions and all pokemon, with no or little outside trading needed.

So my vote is a resounding yes, whether it would ever actually happen. I don't think it's so much a technical problem (technology is always moving forward and improving in some form or another) but it's something that would only happen if Game freak lost all of their business sense. Why would you buy another game if you had everything in one?

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Most of the games seem too short, I would love an all in one Pokemon game! Have all of the cities, gym leaders and all of the elite Four and champions. That would be fun and challenging imo.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Lengendary

This would probably be the last game made by gamefreak/pokemon but it would simply be fantastic. s/g/c and hg/ss are the only games with more than one region, and they are some of the most popular games the series has to offer. All the older fans are starting to turn away from the series due to its regression in quality, but this would surely bring them back for one last hurrah. Everybody longs for the good old days when you explored kanto in r/b/y, and making one mega game would be absolutely epic.

As for size, it may be to much for a handheld, but it could be done on the Wii U or any future nintendo console.

The leveling curve wouldnt be as bad as people think, because it takes ages to level all the way to 100, and they could make it more experience to level up.

There should probably be only one E4+Champion, but going through all the gyms would be sweet. There could also be one huge safari zone, but they could add in some of the more popular sideshows like from other games like the game corner, pokeathalon, battle frontier, etc...

A boat, plane, or train could take you from region to region, and all the

villainous groups could unite under team rocket's banner, with the final battle being vs. Giovanni. Also, they should add in the Orange Island since that was cool too haha.

All in all, they should definitely do this eventually because so many people want it and it would be a legendary game

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
I definitely thought this was a great idea.

It would have to have all five regions (including the Sevii Islands).
Perhaps they could create the Orange Islands from the TV show and put them in too.
You would have to traverse throughout the lands, the plot would be based on some guy trying to take over the whole world, not just one little region.

There would be bother Game Corners,
D/P/Pl's underground,
Hoenn's bikes,
The Poketch, radio, C-Gear, and PokeNav, made so that you could choose which to use (they would be key items you could switch),
Pokemon contests, the pokeathelon, and the thing from b/w would all be available.
You would be able to either pick one of ALL the starters from all the reigons, or given one (at the respective level you would be at) at the start of each new reigon.
They could combine the HMs, or compromise by making more pokemon slots. Or just make it challenging having 11+ HMs.
You would be able to use repels one after another and have an easy use of healing items just like in b/w.
The bag/pokedex/trainer card/menus would be that really nice one from Diamond/Pearl.
You would be able to make running automatic just like in HG/SS.
The TMs would be much harder to find all spread out like that, but would have unlimited use like in B/W.
Pokemon would follow you just like in hg/ss.
Ball capsules, vs seeker, poffins, berry trees, berry pots, apricorns, and other items would be included.

all the legendaries spread out (Mewtwo and the Regis would be extremely hard to get just like in the good old games).

You would pick any one person sprite from all the games (eg. like if you were going to be a girl, you would be able to choose from the girl with the white hat from Kanto, the girl with the pigtails and puffy hat in Johto, May from Hoenn, Dawn from Sinnoh, or that one brown haired chick from b/w).

It could be made challenging in the respects that you were forced to start a new team for region, but that could be impossible.

So many options. WHY ISN'T THIS A THING.

Years
As much as I'd like to see something like this by the end of the franchise, it probably won't happen since by then it'll just be way too much to include in a single game. XD; Would love to have it anyway though, since 4-5 regions would be pretty ideal imho.

KinKage

Golden Shadow
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
This idea is something that should be strongly thought about before made, it would be fun but if you had every region, all your pokemon would be level 100 by the second region or something which wouldn't be fun at that point. You could try adding the max level limit to 1000 solely for this game but that'd be just plain stupid. So maybe this wouldn't be the best idea. But if you don't care about any of that and want to play the rest of the regions with lvl 100s go ahead? o.o OR you could play the way Ash does and put all his OP Pokemon in the PC (like previously mentioned) So yup thats my opinion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
I think this would be an amazingly good idea! however, the only problem i feel with th 160 Gyms would be the level spacing. for it to remain reasonable the pokemons levels would have to go above 100 as im pretty sure you could get from like lvl 10 to lvl 100 just by doing the gyms! :L

Back