• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Blaze

Blaze climbed out of the bag.

"Don't call me a coward....... IM NOT A COWARD!" Blaze launched an ember at the Snivy.

"You know nothing worm! You can act all that but before I was captured I was a wild Growlithe a hunter and hunters can sense fear! You can act all tough if you want but I can sense that deep down you're afraid!" Blaze shot another ember at the snivy.

"I've been called a coward by alot of pokemon in my time and I'm not going to take it from a sniveling child hiding behind a tough phisad!" This time Blaze charged a fire fang and lunged at the Snivy teeth ablaze.

Xavier

Xavier was frozen with embarrasement as Blaze began to lunge after the Snivy.

"Oh my...." was all he could manage to fore out of his lips.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark

"Woah!" Mark said as his Bag got jumped on by Xavier's Growlithe. Well so much for staying hidden... Seemed that Thyme was as angry as ever at the fire type... Well Snype was bound to step in eventually. He had a way with his words, even though Mark couldn't understand most of it.

Snype

Snype was caught by surprise when they got jumped by Xavier's Growlithe. Thyme of course with her grudge against fire types was wailling on him. He understood why she didn't like them. From what Snype saw, It seemed every fire type out there had a grudge on her. It's like cats and dogs when they don't get along.

"Comon now you two. Last thing we need is some kind of commotion before the Expo. If we start trouble around here our trainers could risk being expelled." Snype said as he stepped out of the bag. Growlithe was taking up alot of space...

"Aw comon Thyme. It was a simple mistake. I'm sure we can all talk this over and be friends eh?" Snype said before turning to the Growlithe which seemed to have taken a liking to Mark's bag humorously.

Suddenly the Growlithe launched at Thyme. Snype being the neutral one of course stepped in to stop them.

"Stop it Stop it Stop it! Your endangering our trainers! do you WANT them expelled?" Snype said

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie seemed to nod to herself as he explained that he was in Suicune Dorm.

"Oh..? I guess I'm still kinda new here... Maybe we should battle sometime!"

She threw that out there. It was a friendly challenge, though when 'sometime' was was left unsaid. Valorie looked down at her arm. Sure, she had cuts, but they weren't anything too serious.She kind of wondered if a bandage was necessary. She seemed to study her arm for a moment as she concluded this before looking back up at Xavier.

"Oh, I think I'll be fine..! It's no big deal."

She then glanced at Mark.

"Hey Mark... Yeah, I was just feeling really /cramped/ in there, I guess."

Turning her gaze back on Xavier.

"So, uh, Swift huh?"

She commented on Xavier's nickname. She wondered why he wanted to be called Swift. Regardless, she suddenly became aware of Xavier's growlithe fighting Thyme. This drew her attention, and the attention of Swinub.

"Um..."

Valorie just sort of turned to stare at what was going on. What did the two think they were doing? Swinub shifted in he arms to get a better look, sniffing in Thyme and Blaze's general direction.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Thyme

Thyme yelped and jumped to the ground, dodging the first few attacks. When the mutt jumped after her, she danced out of his way with her usual agility and grace. Heh, being weakened in her arm didn't effect her legs any.

"Hmph! You have no idea who you're dealing with! Try me, if you think you can!" Thyme said with a cold glare. She was terrified, but she wasn't ever going to back down from this fool. She blasted Bullet Seed at him, watching the little green orbs fly right for him. She completely ignored Snype. Not that he was wrong, but she didn't care. She was going to teach this mutt a lesson he wouldn't soon forget.

"What's the matter, mutt, too afraid to do anything?" she taunted. She used Growth, surrounding herself in a green aura, feeling it boost her strength. She fired another bunch of Bullet Seed at the mutt.

Megaman765

Years
Mark

"Thyme Comon! Your gonna get us in trouble! Save the fight for later!" Mark pleaded. he looked over to Xavier.

"Xavier comon call it off! We're not supposed to be battling out here. We'll get into serious trouble otherwise!" Mark said. He was not looking forward to having Thyme get hurt more... even while shes already injured. Mark did have an idea if things got ugly though...

Snype

Thyme had ignored him... geez she was going to be alot of trouble at this rate but Snype had to stop the fight somehow. He continued stepping into the middle of the action to explain the situation to them. He was mostly hopeing a Teacher wouldn't notice what was happening. No way were these two going to ruin the trip for them.

"Your both acting immature! Stop it! Your going to ruin the trip for both trainers!" Snype explained. He prepared Detect incase one of them tried to involve him in the fight.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Blaze

Blaze watched as the bullet seed shot towrds him.

"Hmph." Blaze shot a barage of embers that sizzled the seeds so only ahes were flung at him.

"I can sense you're terrified worm, your fear is obvious to a pokemon bread into hunting." Blaze smirked.

"You talk tough but your nothing but a terrified worm hiding behind a curtain of fake bravery." Blaze smiled.

"You can't dodge forever!!!" Blaze charged a fire fang and lunged at the snivy again.

Xavier

"Believe me I would if I could but Blaze is hard to control when he's like this! I think Thyme may have called him a coward.... he gets VERY angry when he's called that and generally refuses to listen to reason... but there is one thing I could do..." Xavier finished pulling another pokeball from his pocket.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme simply jumped out of the way again. She smirked at the mutt.

"When did I say I wasn't afraid? Humph, stupid, arrogant flaming mutt. You know nothing about me! You talk tough, but you fight like garbage! You say you were a hunter? And you can't even catch me? What kind of crap hunters did your pack have if they needed you?" Thyme said mockingly. She leapt into the air and began to spin, using Leaf Tornado. She blasted the attack toward the fire type. Then she landed and used Growth again, making herself even more powerful, and the green aura around her bigger.

"And Snype, why should I stop? He started this. He attacked me! All I'm doing is defending myself. Tell him to stop!" she said with a glance at Snype. She again fired Bullet Seed, the attack even stronger now than it had been before, thanks to the two Growths.

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie wasn't sure what to do. Nobody had specifically forbade them from battling now that they were off the train, but they had somewhere they needed to be! Chances were that if this went on long enough they would get in trouble. That was when things got worse. Suddenly, she felt Swinub take a deep breath.

"Hmm..?"

She looked down at her pokemon, just in time to witness him abruptly launching a mud bomb attack at Blaze, a flurry of mud balls flying out of his mouth at the growlithe with great speed. It was such an attack that if Blaze somehow managed to react in time to try and dodge, Swinub would simply correct his aim.

Valorie's eyes grew wide. She hadn't told Swinub to attack! Given, she hadn't had a whole lot of time to train him. As if to spite her for this, Swinub proceeded to turn on Thyme, using an Icy Shard attack. Several small, rather sharp shards of ice would be shot out at Thyme. The attack was fast, so fast that there wasn't really any time to react.

A super effective attack for each pokemon. Valorie immediately shifted Swinub to one arm and put a hand over his snout as if to restrain him. This got Swinub snorting and squirming a bit, but she would not let go.

"Swinub, stop..!"

Swinub calmed down a bit on command. He was not so untrained that he didn't know how to stop when told.

Professor Gary Oak's Post

Quite a handful of students turned to look at the woman and her pokemon whom had appeared out of seemingly thin air. Some recognized it as teleport, and some simply disregarded it altogether. Nobody seemed to question her having appeared like that. Perhaps it was because she was simply older than the student body and assumptions were made. Regardless, Gemma would find Gary Oak standing off to the side, watching the body of students silently. It was worth noting that there were other teachers doing similar in the area. He seemed to notice Gemma as she approached, once again probably because of her being older than the students or perhaps because he noticed her attention was on him. When she got closer, a small smile appeared on his face.

Prof. Gary Oak: "Welcome. You must be Miss Gemma..."

He paused a moment to consider his response.

Prof. Gary Oak: "Most of the school is here. It's pretty cramped, but right now all we need to do is make sure everyone /behaves/."

He said that last word in a rather low tone, perhaps indicating that he suspected that someone would in fact have the gall to try anything funny while they were there. They were after all kids who seemed to have no problem getting into trouble back at school. He could only hope that the fact that they were heading to a place more prestigious than even the academy itself would dissuade anyone for the duration of the field trip. It... was after all only one day. Perhaps they'd make it out of this without a scene? /Perhaps/ that was wishful thinking.

Prof. Gary Oak: "We're going to be here for the day. I trust you're ready?"

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Blaze

"You stupid worm, you'll hold you tounge when I rip it out..." Blaze growled lowly.

"Over competent swine."

Blaze jumed up into the air as the bullet seed was launched and lade a ton of embers on the ground, creating a bed of fire damage below him. He let himself fall into it and his ability kicked in, flash fire.

The fire instead of damaging him was absorbed into his body and his fire power was increased ten fold. A red aura glowed around the fire type pokemon.

"You know nothing about my pack... the suffering we endured... the hardships we struggled... you know nothing!!!" Blaze looked up and launched a single ember which was large enough to instantly inceinerate the entire bullet seed.

"Graaaaah!!! BURN!" Blaze huffed back all his enegy and launched a massive stream of flame from his mouth, like an oceans wave formed from fire.

This however was only a cover, he then quickly used quick attack to sneak up behind the snivy as the wave of fire propelled towards it.

He got close and aimed a fully charged fire fang for the pokemons neck.

A few meters away a pokeball was thrown and a small brown pokemon lande on its feet to see the inferno caused by Blaze.

Suddenly however a flurry of mud balls came from nowhere and began to fling down on Blaze and Thyme.

As the flamethrower, mud balls and fire fang all happened at once a miniature explosion occured and the battlefield was left in a smokey ashen mist.

Near the back of said mist Blaze lay on his side. The supereffective attack plus the fact his anger had led him to waste all his power stupidly, caused the pokemon to faint there and then.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme's eyes widened at the large fireball coming toward her. She then felt flaming fangs close around her neck, and she reacted. She used Leaf Tornado, wrenching herself painfully out of the mutts jaws. At the same time, a hail of Mud Bombs and Ice Shards flew at them, during the inferno, which had reached her, and her Leaf Tornado. All of the attacks created an explosion. She stood up, glared for a moment, and fainted from all of the attacks that had hit her at the same time. How could anyone have been expected to stand up to such an onslaught? She didn't even know where those Mud Bombs and Ice Shards had come from. But, she was past caring as she lay on the ground unconcious.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Maria

It seemed Maria had been called out a second too late. As the smoke cleared she saw Blaze lying unconcious on the ground.

"Blaze!" She cried as she ran to his side.

"Blaze you stupid tempermental pokemon what have you done now!" She nuzzled into his fur trying to wake him up but Blaze only gave a light groan.

Xavier

Xavier ran over to his pokemons side.

"Blaze... you shouldn't have done that... you only got yourself hurt and pretty much abolished my first chance at making friends." Xavier murmured.

He took out Blazes pokeball.

"Return Blaze get some rest... we need to get you to a pokemon center as soon as possible." Xavier just knelt in that spot. The other two probably hated him now so he didn't want to face them.

Maria

Maria realised Xavier was probably scared about facing the other two so she sat on his lap and curled up in a ball. She worried about him sometimes...

TrainerGiza

that really burns my poffins..
Years
Gemma smiled back, stroking one end of her hair, she nodded. She wanted to make a good impression since it was the first time she met him in person. The tall maiden waited for the professor to finish before she began.

"Why yes, I am. I see." Gemma looked on seeing many different students, with three color jackets. Gemma didn't know much about the school, but she knew that they were identifiable to their dorms. So far, her Pokémon were silent, most were watching the students and the young Pokémon scurrying about, but her friendly Fraxure wanted in on the conversation, or at least shout a greeting.

"Frax!" Fabian gave a large smile to the professor, still standing by Gemma's side. She lightly patted him on the head, and couldn't help but giggle a little. For the day? Oh my, I'm afraid my first day is going to be hard work.

"I would only think so; I hope things don't get too out of hand." Her eyes drifted off of him, on to a group of students who seemed to be battling? Somewhere shouting and some Pokémon were acting out of hand. Politely she turned to Gary.

"Please excuse me. Oh, and it was a pleasure finally meeting you in person." She smirked at him, walking over to the small group, just watching, it was easy to see that some of the Pokémon were angry. Since these students might be in her class, she wanted to know how they would handle it. Of course her Pokémon had followed, Fiona staying closer, not wanting to deal with running into anyone. If things got too out of hand, she could easily get their attention; she had quite the loud voice. she wouldn't yell at them, just use her voice in a way that would bring their attention to her.

Surely enough, the fighting got a little out of hand. Sure it was just a battle, but Gemma got the feeling that it wasn't intended. Many other students were reacting to the mini explosion. This is not good, especially around all of the students. She spoke up in a hard straight forward voice.

"That's enough!" she spoke to the young students possibly responsible for the fight.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Xavier

"Oh great theres a teacher now..." Xavier sighed.

"This was my fault... I should have controlled Blaze better... I should be the one to be punished."

"No need to worry Mam, the battle has finished and believe me when I say it was not intentional..." Xavier explained.

"This was all my fault..." He said standing up.

"Don't punish the others, I'm the one who couldn't control my pokemon and started the fight. I'll take any punishment you have for me." Xavier stood silently and awaited his punishment.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie just sort of let out a small squeak as suddenly an explosion occurred. Why the heck mud and fire exploded like that was anyone's guess. Perhaps it was simply the mystical power of pokemon imbued into their attacks. Regardles, Gamma was right to come over. The explosion, though it was small and not at great risk of seriously hurting anyone that hadn't been directly in it, had seriously startled a large group of students. Valorie paled a bit when she realized a bunch.of students had stopped to stare. Yet, seeing as the battle was apparently over most moved on. An adult's voice called out for them to stop. Valorie looked up at Gamma with a guilty expression on her face. Sure, she had technically ended the battle, but she still felt as if she were at fault for joining it in the first place. Swinub on the other hand looked proud of himself, not really aware of his trainers woes. He squealed out loud before being lightly hugged by Valorie in an attempt to calm him down. She didn't know what to say. Instead she just sort of averted her gaze down at the floor. ...She wasn't very good at feigning innocence.

Gary Oak's post

Gary couldn't help but motice what was going on a well, yet surely he was not needed specifically for this if Gemma was going to take care of it. He bid her goodbye, at least for the moment, deciding to continue watching from a distance.

TrainerGiza

Years
Gemma simply raised a hand, palm out in front of the brown haired boy who suggested he should take the blame. She didn't know why he was speaking of punishment; she didn't have any in mind. Punishment would be right, since they didn't know how to resolve or stop what had happened, from happening.

"Don't be silly. I know that it wasn't your faults." The young new teacher was referring to all of them at this point, and even drew her gaze to a blonde girl student, who was holding a Swinub. She looked at her for a moment, wondering why she was raiding guilt.

"Dear, its fine, don't worry about it. Your little Swinub packs quite the punch there." Gemma smiled a little at the little Pokémon and girl, hoping she was dealing with the situation correctly. She looked around with her lavender eyes, seeing that three Pokémon were involved, including one that lay on the ground. Quickly she shuffled over to the Pokémon, getting out a full restore from her round white bag. She knelt beside it, and then looked up at the young trainers.

"Who's Pokémon is this?...." she didn't really wait for answer before she sprayed the light green spray on the little grass Pokémon. She couldn't help but jump in and help it; seeing that she had done this in the past even to wild Pokémon. She lightly spoke to it, hoping her act had helped.

"Sweetie, are you alright?"

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Xavier

Xavier breathed a sigh of relief. *Well thank goodness for that...* He thought.

"Who's Pokémon is this?...." The teacher asked.

"Oh... thats Marks I believe..." Xavier said still afraid to look towards the other two.

Xavier returned Maria to her pokeball and wondered what he should do next.

Maria

Maria was surprised that Xavier was willing to take the blame. He wasn't usually so kind to people he had just met... however he had technically been directly involved and if the blame were tobe placed on anyone he was the most worthy candidate.

She worried for him when the teacher contemplated her answer and was afraid that he would get in trouble but luckily that was no the case. With thatout of the way she felt happier and more lik her old self.

She sat happily in place as she was returned to her pokeball.

Megaman765

Years
Mark

Mark was just about to put a stop to things... he reached for Able's ball... a good loud screech should get their attention. Though it was too late... A teacher had arrived. Mark was rather irritated then anything. Thyme wasn't his Pokemon so he wasn't going to be able to tell her what to do. If this was his Pokemon he would have told them to stop. But Thyme didn't belong to Mark so what was he supposed to say? Sheesh maybe getting Able out wouldn't be such a good idea... she would end up fighting too!

"Erm... well... um..." Mark did NOT want to lie to a teacher... that would get him in MORE trouble... but a convincing explanation would maybe throw her off...

"I'm... taking care of her for a friend." Mark said. He didn't mention the name of said friend, which was Bri but in a way, he was telling the truth... sort of.

Snype

"Damnit all! Thyme!" Snype said as he ran over to her and held her in his arms, trying to wake her up. Mark soon stepped in and used a potion on Thyme. Hopefully that would have worked. Snype sighed... geez they haven't even gotten into the expo and already something is happening. Snype allowed the Teacher to use the Full Restore on Thyme and continued to hang on to her to make sure she was ok.

Mark

Mark looked up at the teacher with a worried expression. Her full restore would hopefully help Thyme immensely. "Gah... I'm sorry about her. I guess she really does NOT like Fire pokemon... to get in that mood and all..." Mark said.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme slowly came to. She was aware that Snype was holding her. She opened her eyes and looked up to see a human. She was bigger than most anyone else and Thyme assumed she was an adult. That meant she was either a teacher or a guard. That figured. Thyme got slowly to her feet, leaning on Snype for support. It's not like she had done anything wrong. After all, no one had said they couldn't fight. Though, in retrospect, picking a fight with a growlithe probably was not a good idea.

"Ow... That hurt... Hm... Where'd the mutt go?" Thyme said slowly as she looked around, a little concerned about getting attacked agin. He hand reached toward the back of her neck, where she felt slight impressions from his teeth that were just starting to fade. He had really been trying to kill her! And he probably would have succeeded too if it hadn't been for whoever had stepped in. That was a scary thought. She'd have to be more careful in the future. She shook her head and glanced at Snype. He really looked worried. Did she really get herself into that much trouble?

"Snype... Sorry..." she said quietly.

TrainerGiza

Years
Before she could ask who Mark was, it seemed he had spoken to her. Gemma stood again, fixed the bunching that happened in her dress. She watched as the grass Pokémon had come back, and seemed to appear a lot healthier. She smiled a little, even became a little aggravated that the Pokémon didn't even say thanks.

"Not even a thank you? Huh." She crossed her arms. Even though it was true, it would be weird being healed by an unfamiliar face, but still. Gemma felt a little hurt that she didn't get a cheer or even anything. She looked over at the boy who seemed to be taking care of the Pokémon momentarily, thinking about why. I would think that's a little irresponsible but I don't really know what happened, so I won't make any assumptions….

"Oh I see… it seems I would have to meet this trainer.…." She paused realizing she was quite tall compared to most of the students. Gemma cleared her throat then spoke again.

"I'm sorry that I didn't introduce myself earlier.. My name is Gemma Florence Crane…Miss Gemma or Miss Crane is fine….I received a request to teach at the academy recently. I'm going to be teaching Pokémon phycology mainly, to help you understand your Pokémon. And this…." She looked around at the terrible mess they made, and reflected back on what had happened.

"Lets me know where you all stand. Consider yourself lucky that I remember faces." The tall ivory haired teacher made her way through them, and turned to them once more, to see if they had more to say. I wonder if I will get names to pair with these faces….

Gemma was now standing near her Pokemon, her Venomoth was flying above them. surprisingly her Pokemon here quiet and didn't really say much; a lot different from the examples from the students Pokemon.

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie looked up at Gemma. No punishment? She had thought for sure they were going to get a scolding at the very least for being inconsiderate of the others around them or something. Regardless, she lightened up a bit when she was told that everything was fine. This teacher had a pleasant aura about her, so to speak. Valorie couldn't quite place her finger on exactly why. The best way she could describe it was that Gemma was... nice, in a comforting sort of way.

"Thank you, miss..! I just caught him recently."

She then dawned a light smile at the teacher she hadn't met before. Once again though, it wasn't like she expected to know everyone. Swinub sniffed in Gemma's general direction when he heard his name. His shaggy fur was almost always covering his eyes, making hearing and smell his main method of locating things.

Valorie stayed silent regarding Thyme. If Mark didn't want to mention that Brian didn't technically know he was taking care of Thyme that was Mark's choice to make. Personally, she wouldn't have done that. She would've tried to teach her pokemon to be responsible and then told the truth to anyone who asked. But hey, it wasn't her place to train Mark's or Brian's pokemon. She also didn't think that the small fact Mark had left out would put anyone in danger or anything. She took a moment to glance at Xavier, her expression rather blank.and not noteworthy.

Back