• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
So correct me if I'm wrong, but the timeline of events is like this right (at least from the events and speculation I've gathered):

Symphonia > Dawn of the New World > Phantasia > Narikiri Dungeon 1 > Summoner's Lineage

I heard rumors that Vesperia might of been 2000 years after Symphonia, but... eh, rumors and rumor control.

Yeah, most people say that Lloyd named the tree 'Yggdrasil', (which I, myself suspect,) but some even speculate it might of been 'Smphonia' or 'Mithos'.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Yeah that timeline seems accurate. I haven't played Vesperia so I don't know what to make of that theory. If the Symphonia-Phantasia theory is correct, then the Tree's name is officially Yggdrasil.

Despite overwhelming evidence, the Symphonia-Phantasia theory is still only a theory because there hasn't been an official statement or confirmation about it. But it's still very likely true. Phantasia takes place around 4000 years after Symphonia because the Asalian Calender supposedly starts the moment the worlds were reunited.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It makes sense~ People also often say that Symphonia is a good candidate too.

By the way, speaking more about timelines, about Tales of Graces, there's something... interesting in this skit. u///u

Sooo um... Abyss and Destiny II sort of have the same timeline as Graces? @_@
Or... is this strictly cameo.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Huh, I haven't encountered that skit yet. Of course Anise would try to marry rich people.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Huh, I haven't encountered that skit yet. Of course Anise would try to marry rich people.

True, but Nanaly?
I have to question that. xD

...Eh, I don't mean to bombard with questions, and I'm sorry about that, but I just want to ask everyone: If you lived in a world in one of the Tales Games, where would you live? I myself would find Terca Lumireis (from Vesperia) to be pretty subtle and cozy. <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The Tales of Games loves cameos (especially in the more recent ones with all the costume changes and such) so I wouldn't be surprised if that was simply cameo.

And... I haven't played Vesperia but I don't think there is any thing that says that they were in the same universe? After all, it would be weird for Aselia to go from Mana to Blastia to Mana again or something wouldn't it? But, again, I know next to nothing about Vesperia other than the characters. Story? n o p e. But there are definitely more for the Symphonia - Phantasia timeline.

As for the question.... I'm not sure. I actually wouldn't mind living in Iselia because it's near a forest and I don't like the idea of living in big cities (visiting them yeah sure but not living in them). Thus, I probably wouldn't like living in Palmacosta or anything.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Haven't heard that one. What suggests that both games take place in the same universe?

I wouldn't know - it was only rumors. Something to do with Mana being developed to Aer, but it's rather vague. I had a hard time understanding it myself.

The Tales of Games loves cameos (especially in the more recent ones with all the costume changes and such) so I wouldn't be surprised if that was simply cameo.

And... I haven't played Vesperia but I don't think there is any thing that says that they were in the same universe? After all, it would be weird for Aselia to go from Mana to Blastia to Mana again or something wouldn't it? But, again, I know next to nothing about Vesperia other than the characters. Story? n o p e. But there are definitely more for the Symphonia - Phantasia timeline.

As for the question.... I'm not sure. I actually wouldn't mind living in Iselia because it's near a forest and I don't like the idea of living in big cities (visiting them yeah sure but not living in them). Thus, I probably wouldn't like living in Palmacosta or anything.

Vesperia actually has the term 'Mana', but it's formed from something called Aer. (I'd go on to that point, but it'll involve spoilers). And Blastias use Aer for specific purposes. So yeah, it would be weird.

By the way, have you guys heard about the Aselia Con? Supposedly, it's a Tales Convention that's coming to North America~

You can see the news here: http://aseliacon.webs.com/

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
If I lived in North America, I would be over the moon from the announcement of Aselia Con. o3o
Even though I don't, that's great for you guys! : D
It'll also be an awesome way to show how much dedication there is to the Tales series to Bamco. o3o3o

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
If I lived in North America, I would be over the moon from the announcement of Aselia Con. o3o
Even though I don't, that's great for you guys! : D
It'll also be an awesome way to show how much dedication there is to the Tales series to Bamco. o3o3o

Oh yesss, it's a great chance to show em' how much love of Tales we have from overseas. <3 A lot of people hope that this will increase our chances on getting released games too.
I really, really, really hope it comes to Canada someday too. ;w; CANADA MISSES ALMOST EVERYTHIIIING.

By the way, apparently a group called Tales of Outlaw was responsible for Aselia Con. There's a picture of some of them in cosplay here:

Spoiler:

I haven't heard of them before, but I adore the Arietta cosplay~ <3

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Mmm, english screens already!

Spoiler:

A hundred... what. xD

Oh, and this is the cover art:

Spoiler:

Is it just me, or is this localization going fast. :3 I mean, It's good to be seeing English screens out so quickly. I remember back when Graces was announced there was such a drought of information that we were actually excited to see English text in those Gametrailers videos. Perhaps they're fairly far along and we'll see a release by spring?

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Oh Europe's boxart got revealed already wow. Yeah going fast, I think it is going to come out 1Q of 2013?? Hm, not too sure.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm guessing around spring - summer time, since Ni no Kuni will come out around... the end of January I believe, so fans might be occupied with that for a while.

More news: Famitsu's is going to apparently have Namco's 'big scoop' as it were.

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/namco-bandai-special-scoop-in-next-weeks-famitsu

There's no guarantee that this 'scoop' will be anything Tales related at all, but it can be - around the time ToX2 was announced at TalesFes, I seem to remember the word being that there were several Tales in the works. If it's something related to Tales.. I dunno - we can expect a remake or port. (heee, I see other fans speculating it might be Symphonia for 3DS or Wii U~)

But, eh... what do you guys think? Any hopes (if any?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm hoping it's something Symphonia related. After all, Symphonia is going to be reaching it's tenth anniversary next year, and the ending to the animation is actually later this month. (I would post up boxart and such but 've learned that you guys don't care hahaha). But those are my two cents. If it doesn't end up being Symphonia whatever console/portable it's on that will be the next type I get. That said, I'm slightly wishing it'll be for the 3DS since I already want one, but I also want it for the Wii-U (more than for the 3DS) because multiplayer and I'll probably be wanting the Wii-U in the future anyways.

But if it's not Symphonia related that's all right too. It's a little curious to know if it'll be an actual remake or a port. Chances are though it'll probably be a port since Namco has never actually remade a Tales of Game.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I would love to see a Synphonia port~ They could do it like Abyss and make it for 3DS. <3 But yeah, the Wii U is also an awesome idea. Although I won't have much people playing it multiplayer with me. ;-; I already saw the box art xD but yeah, I can't wait for that. :3

Also:
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tokkurin/imgs/3/1/3163dd9a.jpg

There's a possible hint that Tales of Vesperia might be a OVA by Ufotable~ ;-; I really hope it doeeeees.

If you guys don't mind me asking a topic question: What do you think is the most useful arte?

IMO, If it's not Indignation, it's Aurora Wall by Reid.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well there is also Tales of Magazine scans that I can show. But again, no1currs hahaha.

Guess it depends on whether the 3DS is actually the portable that can hold all of Symphonia on it. iirc that's why it wasn't chosen to be ported on other portables in the past. Symphonia is a huuge game, after all.

UFOtable really suits the Tales of Series. They really do. I wouldn't mind seeing something Vesperia made by them. Speaking of Vesperia the price of the game need to go down haha. Was considering buying it but used it was still $35-40 which is actually more than Graces F (and i don't have a PS3 so ... ). If anything I'll buy it online sometime but eh.

As for more useful arte ... I find myself using the Tiger Blade attacks a lot, so I guess to me those would be the more useful. Also Center for Guy. Oh god could I not live without that Tech for him. But that might be because I fought Sync and Arietta using just Guy on occasion in the past.

But this is not including healing artes, because obviously they are quiiiite useful. Especially Raine's broken revitalize that heals the whole screen. I was disappointed when they 'fixed' it in Abyss haha.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I'm interested in seeing the Symphonia OVA stuff, but you might have already shown me on MSN. o3o3o

Personally, I think the idea of having a portable Symphonia would be amazing. I would love for it to be on the 3DS, buuuut. The port of Abyss was really compressed. I wouldn't want to see Symphonia go through the same thing, especially since it's my favourite game in the series. I would much rather it be on the Playstation Vita or the Wii U.

If Ufotable really DOES announce a Vesperia animation, I'll be really excited. : D
It's the Tales game I'm most interested in playing, but I've never had the chance to. I don't own a 360, and I really don't want to use a script to play the PS3 version or anything. Not to mention none of the stores around here have it, anymore. I'd still pick up a copy if I saw one, even though I wouldn't be able to play it. For the sake of having it, I guess. xDD;;

I'll answer the topic question later, since I don't remember the name of the arte I really like to use in Graces f... o3o
Speaking of Graces, I just beat it today. Very impressed with it, I am. : D
One of the best entries I've played so far! I wonder how Xillia is going to fare...

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
Please sign me up for this club. The 'Tales of' series has to be my favorite RPG series so far. :>

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I'd like to join as well. I LOVE ToS, TotA, and ToV and want to play more. Too bad I don't have a PS3...

AseliaCon sounds... saturating. I'd love to go there. Fort Worth is a long ways from me, though!

Back