• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The world needs to stop surrounding me with the annoyance that is humanity"

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Long topic title is long.

So sometimes when I'm travelling or walking around town and there's people everywhere I'm just like "omg I hate people". Do you ever get that feeling sometimes?

Despite loving individual people, it can be an annoyance at times to be surrounded by strangers and have them invade your personal space. Do you always love being around other people or do you sometimes wish that everyone could go away for a while so that you can relax or work on things in peace? ie. get into the "I hate people" mode.

Years
I kinda do hate people. Especially inept people who cause me grief. And I don't mean like some huge life-altering thing, but like if I'm in line at the grocery store and the person in front of me is fumbling with their money and arguing with the cashier about something being on sale or deciding they don't want something after all. That makes me have to wait longer and that bugs me because it was entirely avoidable if not for someone's ineptitude. The more this happens in a day the more likely I am to say "I hate people" if you ask me.

I know that sometimes I am that very person I hate, but that doesn't really change how I feel.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I hate everyone I don't know. And I also hate a lot of people that I do know.

And by hate, I mean very highly dislike. Unfortunately, hating isn't really in the cards for me.

Khawill

<3
Years
I do not, nor can not hate anyone. I absolutely love the human race, though some people can make it seem rather terrible. The people who I come close to disliking are people who try to make the world worse for others around them, but they are hardly a blip on a world scale. (I also can't feel anger towards another, I used to be bullied and beat up when I was younger, but now I see that it is because I wasn't string enough to fight back. Also I lack a few other emotions I really think I should probably have such as saddness and sympathy (I stopped caring for others on a small scale a few years back, now I am known to be apathetic, childish, and I was once called emotionless.))

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
Like 90% of the time I'm on the internet I'm thinking: "God I really hate people."

Youtube Comments and some of the stupid arguments I read on Gearbox Forums. Good God, why must the internet bring out the jackass in all of us? Why must people make such stupid retarded comments that make me despise this generation of children? Good ****ing lord I hate this planet and all the people that inhabit it,
YOU CAN ALL DIE FOR ALL I CARE

*deep breath*

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Ahem....well then. Answering your question...no. I do not "hate" anyone. I merely highly dislike some people. I cant even place anything on anyone I dont know, cuz they could be really nice people with the same interests or views you do.

A few months ago I was walking down a city plaza enjoying the breeze, gazing at the ocean nearby, and sight seeing the buildings around. All around me were people coming, going or just talking. And just looking at that made me smile to think that so many people could get along and that there are so many nice people. I always time my time to help people out, or hi as I walk by cuz I believe that if you want the world to change, and you dont like whats around you, you've got to be the one to make a difference.

The only times I feel that way are on either bad days at school, bad days in general, or when I get into a fight with a family member. Even the when I'm surrounded by so much stupidity(school) and so much negativity(anywhere else), no matter how much it annoys me or I try to hold a grudge it always blows over eventually or I forget about it.
for the time being. A good remedy I found for that is to watch a nice movie, that always cheers me up.

Like 90% of the time I'm on the internet I'm thinking: "God I really hate people."

Youtube Comments and some of the stupid arguments I read on Gearbox Forums. Good God, why must the internet bring out the jackass in all of us? Why must people make such stupid retarded comments that make me despise this generation of children? Good ****ing lord I hate this planet and all the people that inhabit it,
YOU CAN ALL DIE FOR ALL I CARE

*deep breath*

@Fuyuki I suggest that YouTube comments arnt the kinda place to be if it causes so much anger or frustration. Nobody's perfect but I believe its a little bit unfair to cast spite onto all the people in the world that are actually good people. Where I work(Animal Shelters), makes me proud to be there due to everyone working together or getting along to selflessly helping, not other people, but animals that cant help themselves. Think about that, and think about all the people in the world that try to make adifference.

~ And so ends my wall of text.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I'm not the most social bird in the bush but I'm far from misanthropic. People do things that annoy me sometimes, but I know I do annoying things just like them. Most people seem respectful of me, at least. :P I know a lot of people I came across on the Internet seem very hateful of the human race, and it's a little discouraging...

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Annoyance only goes so far on the internet because in the end you are still alone in your own place undisturbed, but as for irl (schools, stations, etc) I can get really frustrated. It's not even just annoyance anymore rather than an overwhelming feeling of aggressiveness and just wanting to push everyone aside or disappear to somewhere else. I'm not anxious at all, but I have some mood problems haha. It's not like very bad but there were some times where I didn't (want to?) hold it back and did push people out of the way and it was a very lonely feeling.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
No. I'm not the most sociable person (not at all), but this never bothered me. I like quiet and private places but if there's one thing I learned while walking at the night is that I enjoy it more when there are strangers around.

However there are occasions where there are annoying people yelling or doing obnoxious stuff, particularly in school. I know in the Boxing club I definitely do not enjoy all the kids complaining about the training, and I keep thinking to myself that I could seriously do without them, but I never wished for them to go or anything. Also, if there are bigger and tougher people punching the bags, I'd wait for them to finish instead of punching an empty one just so I don't like like a fool compared to them lol. But I suppose, that's a different matter, and not really anything that makes me wish people would die.

Oh, I also despise it when it's crowded. But again, different matter.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
Ahem....well then. Answering your question...no. I do not "hate" anyone. I merely highly dislike some people. I cant even place anything on anyone I dont know, cuz they could be really nice people with the same interests or views you do.

A few months ago I was walking down a city plaza enjoying the breeze, gazing at the ocean nearby, and sight seeing the buildings around. All around me were people coming, going or just talking. And just looking at that made me smile to think that so many people could get along and that there are so many nice people. I always time my time to help people out, or hi as I walk by cuz I believe that if you want the world to change, and you dont like whats around you, you've got to be the one to make a difference.

The only times I feel that way are on either bad days at school, bad days in general, or when I get into a fight with a family member. Even the when I'm surrounded by so much stupidity(school) and so much negativity(anywhere else), no matter how much it annoys me or I try to hold a grudge it always blows over eventually or I forget about it.
for the time being. A good remedy I found for that is to watch a nice movie, that always cheers me up.

@Fuyuki I suggest that YouTube comments arnt the kinda place to be if it causes so much anger or frustration. Nobody's perfect but I believe its a little bit unfair to cast spite onto all the people in the world that are actually good people. Where I work(Animal Shelters), makes me proud to be there due to everyone working together or getting along to selflessly helping, not other people, but animals that cant help themselves. Think about that, and think about all the people in the world that try to make adifference.

~ And so ends my wall of text.
I actually enjoy reading some of the stupidity. Makes me feel far superior.

Doesn't make me hate humanity any less.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I see the good in people and give them the benefit of the doubt, always. I like people until they give me a reason not to, and that's how I've always operated. So yeah, I've been annoyed with the general public from time to time (usually when they vote for the wrong person on whatever reality show I've made the mistake of getting into, or walking/driving too slow when I'm behind them :P), I've never really thought "God I hate people".

My sister says this all the time though. It makes me sad.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I'm not a fan of misanthropy and think hate just makes things worse.

My general reaction towards people depends on where I am at though. At work I will mostly be focusing on my job. Having emotions at work only makes work harder so I tend to keep them out of my mind. When I am in a public place for fun, people are just "there" and don't bother me unless of course they are trying to.

Those salesmen at malls tend to annoy with their aggressive sales pitches "Hi there! You busy? Can I interest you in a cell phone? WAIT!!". I know they are just doing their job, but a simple "No thanks" doesn't work with them, they literally yell all the way down the halls! O_o Sometimes I wish I could just go invisible while i walk past them. ^^;

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm the kind of person who is Anti-Social and abosolutely HATES crowded places.
And as for people, I have tons of people who I hate in my school, mostly because of their attitude.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Yeah, I pretty much hate people - unless they're my friends or family, obviously. I have anxiety, too, so being around so many people just puts me in a very sour mood; and having to talk to strangers makes me really nervous and uncomfortable. It makes trying to find a job/wanting to have a job difficult.

It also doesn't help that my mom tries to tell me to just "get over" my it. :\

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I live with this feeling.

As an entire group, I hate people. There is just something about the human race that rubs me the wrong way. When I get to know someone as an individual, I grow to like them. And even then, it's a rare feat that I grow to like them enough to actually like them. Most of the people in my life offline I just tolerate.

Years
There is one scenario where I will pretty much hate everything that gets in my way. And that is when I am riding my bike. I want the whole ****ing world to myself while I'm riding. I don't want to see a single human, car or even animal in my path. I just want to ride with no fear of colliding with dynamic objects.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I try to avoid thinking that or feeling that way,it's not good for ya!

On the rare occasions that I do end up in that mood though I just do my best to ignore the people that are annoying me...

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I used to hate people when I lived in a little town, and rarely saw them. I always avoided them when going for walks, because if I pass them, they ALWAYS insist on saying hello. It's ridiculous.

Since moving to Seattle, it doesn't bother me at all anymore. There's so many people, that no one even looks at me, and it's never an issue, even if I'm in a crowd. Of course, I've since moved back to that little down again, and hate people again because of it. lol

Back