• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[RMVX] Twilight Requiem

Years
trlogo.png

Author: Dr. Octogonapus
Engine: RPG Maker VX

INTRODUCTION

Twilight Requiem is a project that has already been into one year of extensive planning, sketching, and compiling. This project, was originally indented for the RPG Maker XP program. Alas, there are something's that the program lacks. The same can be said for the program, RPG Maker VX, but it's just something I'll just have to work with really. Now to get to the fun part, introducing the game!

It's time to embark on an exciting, yet twisted adventure that will take you into the world of Rio!

In order to complete this enigmatic odyssey, you will have to associate yourself with the plethora of various and unique characters within the odd lands. You'll have to dive to the deepest oceans, climb some of the tallest mountains, embark on a angelic trip to the heavens, and plummet straight to the depths of hell in order to find out all the information you can about this evil. When the said evil, can corrupt anyone and manipulate the very souls of those around you, trust only those you can and no one else. You must unlock the secret of this evil and soothe it's burning hatred of the land of Rio before its too late; there isn't much time left before the Aeon of Ashen arrives!

In this exciting adventure, you'll embark on an incredible odyssey to lands uncharted! You discover an evil that is slowly building throughout the land and you want absolutely no part of it; alas, you end up becoming a major target for the said fiends. Fighting your way through an odd dimension of bizarre creatures, dangerous behemoths, and powerful foes; you meet a plethora of characters whilst some are potential allies others are definite foes. Recruiting both friends and foes on this wondrous journey, you'll soon learn as to why you are being targeted by so many creatures within this strange place. You'll learn that all of your foes have been nothing but child's play compared to the malignancies that soon await you as you close in on your destination to return back home. With fear and tensions between friends rising along with the lives of literally thousands hanging in the balance, failure is NOT an option.

Will you accept the challenge?

STORY

Rein is just a simple senior in high school; readying for his final project for his Theater Art class; a re-enactment of an ancient legend that many has been told throughout the generations. He along with his younger sister, Elysia, are both key characters within the story. However, during the climax of the story, a terrified scream erupts from backstage followed by an abrupt silence. The program is halted and as if on cue, three children leap onto the stage; covered in armor and dangerous looking scythes in hand; it was then, a bloodied girl runs out from behind stage, Rein instantly recognized her as the girl he'd been crushing on; Ariyana. He couldn't remember what role she'd been given, but her outfit had been nearly torn off and she was weakly stumbling about due to blood loss. Suddenly, Rein's attention snapped back to his sister, who'd been dragged backstage... What became of her and who the HELL gave scythes to children?!
CHARACTERS
Spoiler:

SCREENIES
NEWEST​

Spoiler:

FEATURES

New Status/Menu Appearance
Custom Title System
Custom Battle System!
Day/Night System
Overdrive System
Item Categorization
... And much more!

TEAM

Dr. Octogonapus - Owner, Mapper, Eventer, Spriter, and Databaser
Xyphon - Writer
Tianlong - Lead Composer
Quesadilla - Composer

CREDITS

Enterbrain!
K.G.C.
Mr. Anonymous
Touchfuzzy
Woratana
Dargor
Kylock + Near Fantastica
SephirothSpawn
BulletXt
OriginalWij
Modern Algebra
Yanfly
Jens009
Yeyinde
RMVX Community
Sourve
Joerao

ENDING NOTES

Uh... thanks for reading! This is my first actual game that I've given mostly any effort to; I hope some people enjoy this, if you have any suggestions, please let me know! I'll take all criticism, suggestions/ideas into consideration! This game does have a bit of foul language in it, so, if you're offended by that, them please don't play it! From the criticism from you all, this game used to be Art of the Rite.. Now, it's Twilight Requiem. I've been experimenting, learning from my mistakes, and I truly hope this game will turn out to be one to remember!

If you want to support this game, please take the userbar and place it in your signature!
Userbar.png

Code:
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Elaynii/Personal/Userbar.png

Last edited:

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
But Rein... his hair, it's so crazy. D:
Either he has Gravity-defying particles of the Holy Light or he used tons o' hair gel.

Well, I guess I have nothing to say other than generic good luck.

Oh, one thing. Need any monster designers?

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
I didn't know you had a thread here! D:

Well, like I've said before, everything is looking great, and those faces look incredible :D

Years
This is a very interesting game... I am very curious to seeing how the gameplay will be. Will you have them go in a "battle form" like pokemon where you choose attacks, or will you have them fight outside without going to another screen... Basically you would always have to be on your toes because they don't wait for you

Years
I am like.. so sorry. :<

I forgot about this thread here and I haven't been working on anything. D:
However, I am willing to say that I have restarted on this game to make it more.. aesthetically pleasing. Those chibi sprites are gone and are being replaced with a more efficient style. I haven been debating on whether or not to use Mack's tiles or stick with the standard RTP which I'm used to mapping with. Any suggestions?

Years
Many thanks, Cilerba!

I have updated the first post, and I have continued development on this game! I know this is mainly a Pokémon development section, but, I don't really care. I'll continue to post updates here, seeing if they get some positive feedback, or.. knowing this forum and my past experiences, any at all.

Updates Included

Kurodame's Information, fresh screenies, updated the story -which is still being re-written-, and edited the team.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Love seeing more different projects.

profile pics look prettycool, screens look nice too, been quite some time since i've seen classical RPG style mapping.

Back