• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Event locations totally disappeared

Do you want them back?

• I totally do!

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No, not really.

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
From Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire to Pokémon Black/White, there have been several event locations within the games which have been totally forgotten in the last Pokémon game, Black 2/White 2. The Southern Island in RSE; Navel Rock and Birth Island in FR/GL/Emerald; Hall of Origin, Newmoon Island and Flower Paradise in DPPt; Liberty Garden in BW (and I don't say Sinjoh Ruins because no key item is needed, but it could be said too)... I really liked the way of catching the legendaries that appear in those locations, because it was like something special. I was disappointed in BW because there was only one, and I hoped the 3 final legends to be caught in an event location but instead they don't even appear in the games. I mean, they're legendaries, they deserve a good location where being caught, not just a simple download from mystery gift. And now, B2W2 doesn't even include the Liberty Garden.
So what do you think? Do you agree with the removal of these locations or not?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Liberty Garden's in B2/W2 too, though we don't need any key item to get there.
Victini isn't there anymore, though.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Liberty Garden's in B2/W2 too, though we don't need any key item to get there.
Victini isn't there anymore, though.

Yep, I know. What I meant is that the event no longer exists.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I kinda understand where you are coming from
Do you mean that the lack of legendary specific events
(deoxys in naval rock
Darkrai in new moon island
Victini in liberty island)
Bw2 only has 3 specific legendary events that require an item from wifi (keldeo genesect melotta)

If this is what you're asking, imo less event locations are a good thing now you can get the legends without waiting for wifi events

Ammako

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I kinda understand where you are coming from
Do you mean that the lack of legendary specific events
(deoxys in naval rock
Darkrai in new moon island
Victini in liberty island)
Bw2 only has 3 specific legendary events that require an item from wifi (keldeo genesect melotta)

If this is what you're asking, imo less event locations are a good thing now you can get the legends without waiting for wifi events

Uh, sorry, but I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Uh, sorry, but I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

I think what he means is that it appears you can get Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect without catching them in the wild in event-exclusive locations. Victini is pretty much the only Unova Pokemon I know who can only be caught in an event-exclusive location.

Ammako

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
If you RNG your save file to have the same ID number as the event Pokémon, you will be able to rename it at the Name Rater.

Patchy

-
Years
I miss event locations. :( They were such a novelty! Rather than just downloading a Pokemon you got to go find it, try to catch it, make it shiny if you were patient, catch it in whichever ball you like...I don't really get why they removed them. :/

SneakerTheOtter

Otter Power!
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
I miss not being able to catch event Pokemon. The Keldeo event, for example, is a disappointment for me - I'll get the Keldeo, stick it in a box, and that's all. There's no travelling to a new place and spending hours hurling Ultra Balls anymore...

I think I understand why they did it though. In Diamond and Pearl, there was a glitch known as tweaking allowing access to the black area outside the interior of buildings - from there you could travel to the Void, and subsequently reach event locations like Newmoon Island and Flower Paradise (apparently it's possible to reach Hall of Origin too, but not proved yet). The glitch has been removed in BW, but it's possible that they removed the event locations just in case something like this was found again.

But they could just do what Platinum did - if you don't have the item, the Pokemon doesn't appear.

Last edited:

Orrun

Pokemon (Event) Collector
Years
I have to admit it was nice to catch Darkrai via the Member's Pass...Timid (with bad ivs unfortunately) in a sweet Luxury Ball...tbh I hate Cherish Ball's almost as much as I hate Master Ball's but meh I'm just a collector so w/e lol

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I really don't mind if the event locations disappear, because the legends are found at different locations, so it cancels that thought out.

Back