• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would really rather want to see some underrated Gen III Pokemon get evolutions, like Manectric for example, and perhaps Whiscash, Pokemon like those, really. :x

That's just how i feel. There are so many Gen3 Pokemon that could have a really cool Pre-evo or Evolution before we get started on the newer Pokemon.
I would love for Absol for example to have some kind of evolution, maybe even Tropius!

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I think Lunatone and Solrock would be best with pre-evos, I can't really imagine what they could evolve into and when I think about it I wouldn't really want an evolution for those two since I like their designs as they are.

Not a bad idea, maybe something like a little white rocky star that could evolve into either Solrock or Lunatone.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I would looovveeee an Absol pre-evolution. Can you imagine it *.* it would be so cute!

1409721794_c10ff80671.jpg

Or even an evolutionary line:

Spoiler:

*.* <3

Added spoilers for mega-image.

Last edited:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Haha, I'd be afraid to see what sort of monstrosity Tropius would evolve into. I can imagine a pre-evolution, though. But I don't like to see intimidating Pokemon get....weaker forms/pre-evolutions, I guess.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It could become like a full-out brontasaurus (which I guess it kind of is now, but just bigger I suppose), with more than just bananas dangling from its neck. I'd love to see more fruit around its body other than its neck as well.

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
I'd love to see pre-evolutions of Lapras, Tropius, Absol and Pinsir.

I'd love to see evolutions of Farfetch'd, Tauros, Qwilfish, Corsola, Sableye, Mawile, Pachirisu, Heatmor and Druddigan.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I never really cared about Pre-evolution except maybe for the pokedex count, I would prefer some pokemons with actual evolution than Pre-evo, Pinsir would need an evolution more than a pre-evo.

The only pre-evo I would need is maybe the one between Tauros and Miltank, Audino will maybe get an Evo and Pre-Evo much like Chansey.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well Audino has 445 bst and Chansey 450. Audino is a mix defensive Pokémon, and a mix attacker, so I imagine a Audino Evolution will become a Jack of all trades version of Blissey. In the end I see each of Audino's stats going up by 15 points for a total of 535 compared to Blissey's 540.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Allow me to say that Farfetch'd absolutely needs an evolution! Even though it's unlikely seeing as they would've evolved it by now

Not necessarily, it's very possible that they would keep evolutions even for first gen pokemon for later rather than doing it all in when go as soon as they get the idea.

They probably want to be able to say "Oh and here's a single stage pokemon from the first gen, evolving at last" for as long as possible. I imagine it creates a good buzz from fans.

blue

gucci
Years
I think Audino should be left as it is, it provides enough EXP when defeated and looks wise it's pretty cute. I really don't think we need another Chansey/Blissey evolutionary line with the same characteristics, if that's the case would that mean Audino would also get a pre-evolution too?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If they were to pull something like that, then Gen VI would honestly be perfect timing. Being five generations away from Gen I kind of gives that "at least, this Pokemon FINALLY evolves" feeling, y'know? .__. At least, I hope that made sense, somehow. Though I doubt we'll see much as far as Gen I evos in this game, at least, I doubt it.

Who can say? There aren't many single stage pokemon from the first gen left...so maybe they will want to keep it that way. At the expense of poor Farfetch'd. On the other hand we might see more evolutions of past pokemon then in the fourth gen....maybe they'll go to town.

I keep looking at Farfetch'd and Chatot, thinking that it would be interesting if they both got evolutions and were version exclusives. (Farfetch'd + evo in Pokemon X, Chatot + evo in Pokemon Y)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think Audino should be left as it is, it provides enough EXP when defeated and looks wise it's pretty cute. I really don't think we need another Chansey/Blissey evolutionary line with the same characteristics, if that's the case would that mean Audino would also get a pre-evolution too?

I totally agree on Audino staying the way that it is. It already is practically just a big clone of Chansey, except not as good =P Giving it another evolution akin to Blissey is just going to be the same thing: an inferior Blissey. I'm honestly fine with Audino just being the experience boost that it is and leaving it be just that. It seems like that was mostly the intention for its existence anyways =P

Who can say? There aren't many single stage pokemon from the first gen left...so maybe they will want to keep it that way. At the expense of poor Farfetch'd. On the other hand we might see more evolutions of past pokemon then in the fourth gen....maybe they'll go to town.

I keep looking at Farfetch'd and Chatot, thinking that it would be interesting if they both got evolutions and were version exclusives. (Farfetch'd + evo in Pokemon X, Chatot + evo in Pokemon Y)

That'd actually be really cool to see. Give both sub-par birds (although I like them both) an evolution, an make them exclusive. I kind of doubt that building up hype for FINALLY giving them an evolution is motivation though. I mean, yeah, they are both meh, but that itself doesn't constitute anything. The hype that comes with it probably helps, but if anything I'd just assume they just didn't want to evolve it until now if it happens.

Years
Heracross needs an evolution, I've waited long enough!

Kangashkhan (sorry for spelling) is an obvious candidate for a pro-evo, Tropius need one too. (Far more likely to get a pro-evo than an evolution simply due to his size)

Some seemingly useless Pokémon like Furret (3rd), Kecleon, Castform, Pachirisu, Farfetch' D etc could use an evolution to make them interesting.

Tropius could possibly get an evolution if they have fossil pokémon in Gen VI, since he's pretty much a dinosaur and all.

blue

gucci
Years
I don't think Pokemon such as Heracross, Lapras, Tauros or Kangaskhan need evolutions, what would they evolve into since they seem to be at their final stage of their species as they are. Not to mention that they have suitable BST to make them viable.
A pre-evolution for one or two of them maybe, but I think some Pokemon should be left with no evolutions whatsoever.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
As much as I love Heracross to death, the only thing I can really see it getting is a pre-evolution. Of course, Game Freak can do whatever the heck they want, but I feel like Heracross is already so strong that giving it an evolution would almost make it too strong. I'd just love to see a pre-evolution though, I could see it just being a beetle maybe without the giant horn, or just a smaller one so that when it evolves it just gains the massive horn to wreck everything =P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hoenn only had two native ghosts...so I guess they picked one, and the other they left as is. Hopefully Banette will evolve thus making Hoenn the first region since Kanto who has all it's native ghosts be members of 3 stage families.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
As much as I love Heracross to death, the only thing I can really see it getting is a pre-evolution. Of course, Game Freak can do whatever the heck they want, but I feel like Heracross is already so strong that giving it an evolution would almost make it too strong. I'd just love to see a pre-evolution though, I could see it just being a beetle maybe without the giant horn, or just a smaller one so that when it evolves it just gains the massive horn to wreck everything =P

Well when Scyther evolved into Scizor it's base stats didn't go up. It's stats were just shuffled around. They could do the same for Heracross....it seems a bit pointless but the chance is still there.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
My wish to Gamefreak,

Please give Banette an evolution of some sort. Out of all of the Ghost types you picked in the Hoenn region to evolve, you chose arguably one of (if not the most) useless Ghost type in the entire region. I suppose I can't really blame you, since giving underrated Pokemon an evolution is a definite plus, but it certainly didn't help much.

At least a Banette evo would have some substance to it. It'd still be slow as molasses, but with an offensive power like that, I'd imagine speed would be overlooked quite easily.

Oh, and a better movepool for it would be appreciated too, I suppose.

Yes, yes shuppet was my first shiny and i always wanted to have my first shiny evolve 3 times and being strong hopefully...
I want it to evolve into a crazy puppet master-clown with a zipper for a mouth and one on his belly

Back