• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Do not get any of of your hopes up for any game to be announced on Smash. There is a battle tournament that episode so its likely that Masuda/Morimoto are there for that like they usually are. The announcement is scheduled for January 8th anyway, why would they announce it on January 6th?

So you're saying they're both attending to reveal nothing? Even though they have stated on their Twitter that they are attending. They may have helped out with battles in the past but they could at least tease at something to follow up on the 8th.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
So you're saying they're both attending to reveal nothing? Even though they have stated on their Twitter that they are attending. They may have helped out with battles in the past but they could at least tease at something to follow up on the 8th.

They may tease/foreshadow the announcement for the 8th, but they wont actually announce it there. It doesn't matter if that tweeted that they are attending, Masuda usually tweets when he records Smash and 90% of the time he's there just for battles. Morimoto has appeared for battles before too, why should we think this is anything different (ESPECIALLY since they are having a battle tournament on the episode)? The most we will see is them tease something for the 8th.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Many websites are reporting 'Big Announcement on Jan 8'. Well, I have no idea if its a mistranslation or not (and my Japanese sucks), but I just hope to see something

blue

gucci
Years
I think they will tease at something i.e silhouette of something relevant to remakes, Gen VI or a new game say on the Wii U during Smash since they're both attending and then it will obviously be revealed on the 8th since it seems a coincidence that it's two days prior to this "announcement" Either that or they will announce something on Smash and then two days later announce something to follow the previous announcement.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
C Payne, did you made that Hoenn map in BW style by yourself? it's very awesome.
btw, how about the names MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire for the remakes?

Nope, I even sourced it right underneath; I think it's awesome as well.

DSi's are $99 and 3DS' are $169.

But as repeated many times, there are NO DS games listed for release this year. I'll check Gamestop sometime later this week to see if there is still no update, but the last three months I've checked had no games listed for 2013 for the DS console. Nintendo most likely forced a full console switch with all of its development companies. Which was why B/W/B2/W2 were made so fast. Gamefreak wanted to finish making them for the DS while they still could.

This says hi: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/lego_laying_more_bricks_with_legends_of_chima_this_year

But seriously, @P0kelegend this announcement, unless poorly translated like stated before, has this...more feeling to it. It seems to be too big to be just a simple battle announcement.

That dark gray/black cloud is interesting though...why does it look like something is just really blurred behind it(at least on the Serebii one)? It looks like a blurry 3DS screen now that I think about it, with the folded, suspended, and slightly shadowed image in the back while the 3D home message is popping out ahead of it.

Btw, IIRC, isn't there still a pokemon reveal missing from that whole upcoming Genesect movie thing? Sorry if I'm late on that but I haven't really been around in a while.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

If that link didn't show a game that has more 3DS support than DS support that would have been more substantial. The new Lego game is a Dual release with the 3DS version getting priority. 3rd party companies like that tend to produce games like that well after a system's decommission. The Lego company was still making PS2 games up until early last year. The PS2 has been discontinued for about 3 years now though some stores still had models to sell.

If you find a single release game for the DS that would hold a lot more water. But Dual releases are common after a system's decommission. Gamefreak doesn't dual release for two systems.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
If that link didn't show a game that has more 3DS support than DS support that would have been more substantial. The new Lego game is a Dual release with the 3DS version getting priority. 3rd party companies like that tend to produce games like that well after a system's decommission. The Lego company was still making PS2 games up until early last year. The PS2 has been discontinued for about 3 years now though some stores still had models to sell.

If you find a single release game for the DS that would hold a lot more water. But Dual releases are common after a system's decommission. Gamefreak doesn't dual release for two systems.

I think what he was trying to get at( please correct me if I'm wrong ) is you said there were "NO" games slated to be released in 2013 , and the link made you a lier bro.

But one thing I was wondering Xander , would GameStop have the info about the release of a DS games before Nintendo announced it? I mean do they get specifics before we do?. For instance did GameStop know about BW before Nintendo announced it?

I for one would like a new gen but I won't hate on a remake , especially if they are going to release a new game next year as well. Even tho GF doesn't use patterns in release doesn't mean they can't use a similar release pattern.

I don't think this would be a spinoff or a Wii u game , because I believe it's game freak that's making the announcement and I'm told GF only makes main series game

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I do not recall stating that Gamefreak does dual releases, that was just a response to you mentioning the DS not having any scheduled releases this year; dual support or not, it's still a release. What's odd though is that the DS title is getting released later than the 3DS one...but that's for another topic, since I would still doubt about us receiving another maingame on the DS anyways.

What I'm still curious about is that gray cloud-like picture that mentions that Game Freak is hoping to announce something to us on the 8th. Even though it's a given that the next main games will be released on the 3DS, I swear the picture looks like a 3DS in standby mode, with the image in the background blurred. I took a closer look when I saw someone suggesting that the announcement could be 'behind the cloud'.

The 8th can't come soon enough...

Last edited:
Years
My shift from a hoenn remake was with their promise to further evolve pokemon for us.
To me that also could mean a hoenn remake, a gen 6, maybe they are going to introduce a new online compatibility, a further expansion of the dream world in a big way

If we get a new pokemon reveal
Hands down we get a new gen
If we get a genesect jet form like mentioned somewhere earlier
Hands down i quit...
There is nothing different
... he tucked his legs in

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think what he was trying to get at( please correct me if I'm wrong ) is you said there were "NO" games slated to be released in 2013 , and the link made you a lier bro.

But one thing I was wondering Xander , would GameStop have the info about the release of a DS games before Nintendo announced it? I mean do they get specifics before we do?. For instance did GameStop know about BW before Nintendo announced it?

I for one would like a new gen but I won't hate on a remake , especially if they are going to release a new game next year as well. Even tho GF doesn't use patterns in release doesn't mean they can't use a similar release pattern.

I don't think this would be a spinoff or a Wii u game , because I believe it's game freak that's making the announcement and I'm told GF only makes main series game

Ok, and how long have, not only I but a few others have been saying that? Since around November. First game to "possibly" be released for the DS wasn't known until today, January 3rd. So in no way shape or form am I a liar.

Normally, it would depend on what company platform the games are being released. With Nintendo, Gamestop usually finds out (corporate) a few weeks before general public because Gamestop has its own commercials to play in their stores. With others, Gamestop can get word a few weeks to a few months in advance. Gamestop and one other store that I can't remember the name of but its the international version of Gamestop tend to be the first in line to learn of new releases. They even have conferences that all the store managers go to every few months. The conferences are similar to E3 where the managers meet with development teams and find out about the games being released.

As far as Pokemon, no, Gamefreak doesn't leak any information about the games until the release since TPC handles majority of the advertising and sales. They did however have a place holder for "Grey" before B2W2's confirmation for like a month.

I do not recall stating that Gamefreak does dual releases, that was just a response to you mentioning the DS not having any scheduled releases this year; dual support or not, it's still a release. What's odd though is that the DS title is getting released later than the 3DS one...but that's for another topic, since I would still doubt about us receiving another maingame on the DS anyways.

What I'm still curious about is that gray cloud-like picture that mentions that Game Freak is hoping to announce something to us on the 8th. Even though it's a given that the next main games will be released on the 3DS, I swear the picture looks like a 3DS in standby mode, with the image in the background blurred. I took a closer look when I saw someone suggesting that the announcement could be 'behind the cloud'.

The 8th can't come soon enough...

And you did not thoroughly read what was written. The Company that makes the Lego games is WELL KNOWN FOR MAKING GAMES FOR DEAD SYSTEMS. Dual release games within the same platform is not credible sources, especially one that says that there is no definate chance for release. The DS version is either not in development or unknown to be released. They are "aiming" for a Fall release. When a gaming company publishes this, this means that they are unsure if they are going to release it for that system at that time. It could easily mean that it could come earlier or later, yes, but a lot of times, especially with a company like the one that makes the lego games, it is an unsure guess on whether or not they intend to follow through.

They have a secure guess for release for the 3DS title because that system is available for sale and won't be taken off the market anytime soon. You don't have to take my word for it, but at Gamestop, there was no DS list Print out. I told the manager there about the Lego Chima game and of course she didn't hear about it seeing as the info was posted today, though they do have Chima on the 3DS's list as a 5/1/13 which is a really horrible place holder date.

So I will again say, find info for a single release DS game. Dual releases mean absolutely nothing as the release for the older models is a hat toss. I don't think there are any other release dates posted for the DS "AS OF YET". Though I did confirm that the DS is to be slated for discontinuing later this year. I got to speak with a nintendo rep while in Gamestop who was collecting DSiXLs from the store. Apparently the XLs were discontinued in November and they are leaving the DSi's on the market for a little while longer.

As for the announcement for the 8th, I don't remember anyone saying Gamefreak was making the announcement. The text on the commercial only said a "Big announcement" and January 8th 2013 from all the translations I've seen.

As for Evolve, transferring to a new system does not equate to an evolution. Evolution is a heavy change. While the flat definition isn't set in stone, as even I've said it could be anything other than rehashing the old games with updates. Most obvious thing it means is new generation, but that is too obvious. It can be something more subtle like a change that is coming to the Anime world, or a new set of games that are completely different than what we've grown to expect.

You can take the literal approach as a great many are doing...though...I really do not want a 4th Gen repeat of massive amount of evolutions.

Years
The whole meaning of "evolve" could just simply be onto a new console ala 3DS.

Yeah it could also be that too... to me though, that is inevitable though and shouldnt be a promise because we already know its going to happen soon ( also earlier incase it gets brought up again, i never said gamefreak would release the next game on ds with factual barring, i said i wanted and would prefer one more on the ds)

But yeah you could be most likely right... it would be a let down for me.... although they do have titles on the 3ds already just not core titles... it would seem odd explaining the mass of their fan base (children) that the reason why they are announcing 3ds shifts again is because different crews and teams work on different games etc. They know young kids arent interested in the politocs of it..
I hope that sums up what im trying to say its kind of difficult trying to go in depth off of a phone while your at work

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
And you did not thoroughly read what was written. The Company that makes the Lego games is WELL KNOWN FOR MAKING GAMES FOR DEAD SYSTEMS. Dual release games within the same platform is not credible sources, especially one that says that there is no definate chance for release. The DS version is either not in development or unknown to be released. They are "aiming" for a Fall release. When a gaming company publishes this, this means that they are unsure if they are going to release it for that system at that time. It could easily mean that it could come earlier or later, yes, but a lot of times, especially with a company like the one that makes the lego games, it is an unsure guess on whether or not they intend to follow through.

They have a secure guess for release for the 3DS title because that system is available for sale and won't be taken off the market anytime soon. You don't have to take my word for it, but at Gamestop, there was no DS list Print out. I told the manager there about the Lego Chima game and of course she didn't hear about it seeing as the info was posted today, though they do have Chima on the 3DS's list as a 5/1/13 which is a really horrible place holder date.

So I will again say, find info for a single release DS game. Dual releases mean absolutely nothing as the release for the older models is a hat toss. I don't think there are any other release dates posted for the DS "AS OF YET". Though I did confirm that the DS is to be slated for discontinuing later this year. I got to speak with a nintendo rep while in Gamestop who was collecting DSiXLs from the store. Apparently the XLs were discontinued in November and they are leaving the DSi's on the market for a little while longer.

Ok firstly, please calm down; I'm not sure why you're acting as if I came out and said you were a liar in the sense MrGris was putting it. My point there was that, whether or not they are thinking about it, the possibility is still there and the link I gave wasn't really the best way to put it because different sites are wording it differently, some even implying a confirmed release.

I was not implying that we were going to get a whole bunch of 'new and awesome DS exclusive games this year!' and so far nobody has come to collect DS' anywhere around here(not that they couldn't possibly be coming soon), you just took this too seriously, imo.

This is getting slightly off topic though, so I'm going to leave it there.

As for the announcement for the 8th, I don't remember anyone saying Gamefreak was making the announcement. The text on the commercial only said a "Big announcement" and January 8th 2013 from all the translations I've seen.

Oh, there I just considered them mentioning the whole evolving thing and then this announcement showing up meaning that they could have something to do with each other; I didn't mean it to bunch up like that. I'm still curious about the way the picture looks, too(not that it will mean a thing).

As for Evolve, transferring to a new system does not equate to an evolution. Evolution is a heavy change. While the flat definition isn't set in stone, as even I've said it could be anything other than rehashing the old games with updates. Most obvious thing it means is new generation, but that is too obvious. It can be something more subtle like a change that is coming to the Anime world, or a new set of games that are completely different than what we've grown to expect.

You can take the literal approach as a great many are doing...though...I really do not want a 4th Gen repeat of massive amount of evolutions.

It could be a play on words, it could really be a big change, more so the latter it seems; I guess we won't know what's up until the announcement arrives.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years

That may be true but their use of wording doesn't strengthen anything, we won't know until they reveal anything so unless you know something then it's still reasonable to speculate what I think as a valid possibility.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
But seriously, @P0kelegend this announcement, unless poorly translated like stated before, has this...more feeling to it. It seems to be too big to be just a simple battle announcement.

I know, I agree. All I'm saying is that I don't believe it will be announced on Smash which is January 6th, when the announcement has been set for the 8th. The most we will likely get is a foreshadow of the announcement.

blue

gucci
Years
Well that may be the purpose of their attendance, to promote this announcement as much as they can since it could be a major announcement in terms of the next game(s). Either way I think we will get something interesting and game related on either the 6th or 8th.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well that may be the purpose of their attendance, to promote this announcement as much as they can since it could be a major announcement in terms of the next game(s). Either way I think we will get something interesting and game related on either the 6th or 8th.

Just try not to put too much emphasis on them being there. Last time they were both there it was for the "battle school" and tournament updates. Last time matsuda was on for a big announcement, we got unrelated mewtwo event.

@c payne, the liar thing was at mc grizz and i capped for emphasis. Sorry bout that.

blue

gucci
Years
Just try not to put too much emphasis on them being there. Last time they were both there it was for the "battle school" and tournament updates. Last time matsuda was on for a big announcement, we got unrelated mewtwo event.

I know, they have attended for other less important reasons in the past and it's just as likely that's the reason why they are attending this week and I know not to get my hopes up since they've been dashed on previous similar situations where it's built up to be something spectacular and then in the end it's something completely irrelevant but I'm still going to keep an open mind regardless.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Yeah and sorry if I came across like that at all either.

Why can't I get over the thought of that picture looking like what it does though??! Haha...it's like stuck in my mind now that someone had brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back