• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

would you play a Pokémon game that required you to use your Pokémon for survival

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
in addition to all the current features in Pokémon would you play a Pokémon game where you needed to use Water Type Pokémon to make sure your thirst doesn't run out, Fire Type Pokémon to build a fire for survival for whatever you needed it for, Plant Type Pokémon to help with food production... etc

would you try a Pokémon game like that?

I'd like to see Pokémon used in game for more than just battling and HM moves outside of battle

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
It could be either absolutely amazing, or a mess. I'd like to try it I guess

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Can you eat Wild Pokémon?

I think that'd be amazing, it'd provide a lot more out-of-battle uses for moves.
I thought of some stuff:
Fire Moves: Keep you warm during the night, burn down forests, vandalize Oak's lab, etc
Water Moves: Drink. Also use on farms to increase production. Also cool you down in deserts.
Grass: Plant farms. If there is ever Pokémon multiplayer, raid other people's farms with Leech Seed.

Years
It sounds like a real nuisance to me, having to carry certain types of Pokemon all the time in order to survive.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I go all in, koff~

Miltank (milk), Cherubi (berries) and Blissey (eggs). Probably a water type so I can drink from water gun ew; a Pokemon that knows fire type moves. And Meowth. Meowth will provide me with as much money as I need. Then we can all roll in the cheeseburgers, koffi~

Legendaries tamer

Man who's coming up with a plan
Years
heck, why not, it would definitely be a nice change from the monotnous gameplay pattern that regular pokemon games have developed.

if it was developed by the right people, it could be a roaring success, if not... let's just say it would end up a God-awful mess

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Absolutely!

Zombie games are very popular nowadays so why not create a Pokemon game like that? To make a hideout, use a rock Pokemon to smash a hole in the wall and make a secret hideout? To go around at night (not that you would, because, you know, zombies) you'd get a piece of wood from a tree that was cut down and use a fire type Pokemon to create a flame.

Ahhhhhh this sounds soooo goooooood!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
I don't think that it meant zombie survival. Would the zombies be pokemon???? It would destroy a lot of the innocence of the pokemon world. I have interpreted it in my mind as something as being a mix of animal crossing, minecraft and pokemon

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
well I won't play a game because I'd be too busy wishing it was real
in short, if it's virtual reality I'm up for it yo

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
As a one-off game, yeah. Sounds good.
I wouldn't like it to become it's own series like Mystery Dungeon and Ranger, though.

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
If it is made like the main games then no. It limits options too much and is just a nuisance to make sure you are set in everything. If it's like an Animal Crossing type Pokemon game then it could work with different Pokemon providing different supplies.

Back