• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If the rights to Sonic were sold to Nintendo...

If the rights to Sonic were sold to Nintendo, would it be good or bad?

• Total voters

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
If the rights to Sonic were sold to Nintendo do you think the blue Hedgehog would have a rise to fame once more? Or will he sink even lower due to Nintendo's deep hate for that blue Hedgehog? What do you think? If we saw a nintendo logo on the next Sonic game, would it suck, or be good? Tell me your opinion!

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
as long as they kept with the sonic style of thing yeah, it would be good...

but if they made it like mario it would be, well, pointless!

True, if they did that, they'd kill him definately. Then again, they could just use the hedgehog engine for the next F-Zero game (I'm a big fan of the Captain). Anyway, no two Nintendo franchises are that similiar. Zelda games are for exploring, Mario is basic platformer with a basic twist (AND WE LOVE HIM FOR THAT). Kirby games are also platformers with a slightly larger twist! F-Zero is a super fast racing franchise. And Pokemon is and RPG. I think they can pull off a Sonic game if they gave it love and care they give any of their franchises.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Nothing would change. Absolutely nothing.

Sonic is in the same league as Zelda and Mario (and to be fair: Pokemon as well), things that nobody should care about but somehow still make companies enough money to release more games.
Sonic will be absorbed and used but not changed, because the franchise already fits so well with everything else Nintendo is known for — and by everything I mean one thing: repetition.

So, because Sonic wouldn't be changing, it's not better nor worse.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
All of you are wrong. Well to a certain extent. Nintendo first of all would see the potential in a speedy blue hedgehog and take it and make a game to remember and every console would have 2-3 of those games to remember like how they do for mario/zelda. Kirby though like pokemon is for handheld so im not going to go down that road. Second they wouldn't be retarded like the s-team is right now and make bunches and ooddles of spinoffs. Third off if nintendo where to go down the handheld road with sonic they would also make the handheld version of a sonic game to remember.

So yeah to sum it up:
They would be doing the s-team a favor and givng the hedgehog a good name again.

Dragonair_Blizzard

Random person in the universe
Years
Maybe his fame would rise, for Nintendo is more popular, and Sonic has his own game style, so they can't really stuff him up.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
I think either way, the Sonic franchise should just die already.

Seriously. SEGA hasn't dished out a solid, good 3D Sonic game in a long while. Lately they've just been burping out crap.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
Years
Do they really need to sell the rights to Nintendo for Nintendo to make a Sonic game? BioWare has made a Sonic RPG, and they obviously don't own Sonic. Since Sega got to use Mario and other characters in the Olympic Games then Nintendo should get to make a Sonic game (unless you think Sonic being in Brawl was an equal trade.)

I'd like to see how it works out.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
BioWare produced the RPG for Sega.

The same way GameFreak makes Pokémon games for Nintendo, except Bioware isn't second-party like GameFreak is.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
We'd see about 164+ spin off sport games, a few RPGs, as much milking as possible and a much more casual approach.

Like Mario, only slightly worse. (That in itself is a great feat)

Back