• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
The only way that'd be a bug, is if you encounter national park exclusive pokemon while doing that.

I.E. finding a Scyther in the grass when you aren't in the middle of the contest. Other than that, nah, that's working as intended.

I'm hoping people enjoy the soundtrack. Personally, I think that's my games most prominent feature.

Well, I did encounter pokemon in the park. But it doesn't have the normal park options like bait. I had to fight the pokemon. Is that intended?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
Hey what do i do after the 3rd badge? I'm kinda confused. Oh by the way, I think you should fix the map because it seems too big and the cities on the map look like small circles. Great music thought.:)

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
Hey what do i do after the 3rd badge? I'm kinda confused. Oh by the way, I think you should fix the map because it seems too big and the cities on the map look like small circles. Great music thought.:)

If you take note of what Lance said, you need to talk to him to finally meet the Mask of Ice. Be sure you're ready!

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
Is there any way to turn off the music ?
I want to watch videos while im playing...

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
is the game actually finished?

i'm a pokemon fan and i wanna try this one so if this is finished can you give me the link please thnx?...

thepsynergist

Years
The latest demo is finished. It is completely playable. There's no reason why you should wait for it to be finished, as you'll prolly be looking at about another year before completion. I've been working on this for about 1 year already.

As for the download link, check the first post of this thread and scroll to the bottom of it.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
I'm hoping people enjoy the soundtrack. Personally, I think that's my games most prominent feature.
I certainly agree with you there - phenomenal stuff. I'm especially blown away by the opening video - you made your own instrumental to the "Tales of the Abyss" opening, modified the lyrics and found a singer to perform in Japanese! The other games I've played all have opening sprite movies, but you went above and beyond by putting together an official theme song to your game!

So far I've earned two gym badges and made my way up to the bug-catching park, and I've enjoyed every minute of the game. I'm curious to see what will happen to Red as Silver continues to defeat him - will he stick with his "pokemon are our friends" principles, or will he be lured to the dark side and try to win at any cost?

I also have to mention how much fun I've had with Triple Triad. The matches are quick, but unpredictable. It is extremely addictive. In a way, TT complements the main quest very well and encourages you to catch lots of pokemon: even if you don't like a certain species, pick it up because its Triad card might make for a useful addition to your deck!

The Rocket Watch and the Pidgeot flight pad are very nice additions. Since Team Rocket's missions all require you to hike back and forth between towns (I guess you could call them 'fetch quests'), it's nice to have the option to "cut to the chase" and immediately travel to your destination. I hope Giovanni will have more missions once I've earned my third badge - climbing up the ranks of Team Rocket and completing jobs for the boss feels like the 'main' story of the game, while earning badges is more of Silver's cover to blend in with regular Pokemon trainers.

I haven't encountered any game-breaking glitches (the rattata/mareep trade patch worked perfectly), but I do have some minor comments and suggestions:

SPELLING/GRAMMAR NOTES
Orewell City, House 1
"I have heard strange noices in the Elywnn Forest."
noices --> noises

Orewell City, House 3
"The ocean breeze here is nice. I haven't had trouble breathing when I started to live here.
"I haven't had trouble breathing since I started to live here."

Orewell City, Pokemart
Gray haired boy: "My Pokemon keep getting poisoned ... It's so frusterating ... I should get a ZANGOOSE, they can't get poisoned."
Spelling. "It's so frustrating ..."

Chef: "It's so hard to come by good cooking ingredients, I heard there is a herb shop somewhere, but they are only good for Pokemon."
Run-on sentence. Needs a period after 'ingredients'.

Woman: "Have you tried to catch an ARON yet? They are like tanks, its really hard to defeat them with physical attacks, you have to use FIRE or WATER moves to do any real damage.
its --> it's
Run-on sentence. Period after 'attacks'.

Orwell City, Gym
I can't remember the exact line, but the Rune Maniac warns you that "our leaders tough!" Needs to be "our leader's tough!" with an apostrophe.

VISUAL NOTES
-Orewell City Gym requires you to navigate around trap tiles that drop you into the gym's basement. However, each of those trap tiles are a slightly different colour than the regular floor panels, making it obvious where not to step. Since there are no advantages (or items) to be found by deliberately dropping into the basement, should they be recoloured to match the regular panels?

SOUND NOTES
-I'm wondering if there is some background distortion in the Gym Theme Music. At first, I thought it was an ambient effect you added to represent the machinery in the electric gym, but then I noticed that it appeared in every gym regardless. It sounds as though the recording equipment picked up the sound of city traffic or an airplane.

BATTLES
-When a wild Pokemon appears, its health bar does not indicate whether you have caught it previously or not. In the official games, (and other fan games like Pokemon Raptor), a little pokeball icon appears in the bottom left-hand corner if you have captured that species.

-Poliwag's 'back' sprite is positioned a little too high up, and there is a blank strip across the bottom of his picture. It looks as though the little tadpole was sliced in two!

-In pokemon battles, I think that several attack animations are mirrored incorrectly; that is, they animate from finish to beginning, or are directed 'right' when they should move 'left'. Culprits include Sand Attack, Absorb, and Growl.

OREWELL CARD SHOP
-The vending machines will let you buy a 'Karope' for 50,000 coins. Is the Coin Case actually programmed to hold that amount of coins? Its bio describes it as having a maximum capacity of 9,999 coins.

Oh, and I have to add - I love the Team Rocket Creed in the hideout, and the descriptions of all the Pokemon-related deaths handed out to traitors. It's little touches like that which make your game so fun.

thepsynergist

Years
This is the kind of stuff i'm talking about. Having a 2 man team can lead to some errors, so it helps a lot when people help me out by finding them.

I can fix the poliwag sprite issue next patch, same with attack animations. I'm curious though about the caught pokeball icon. Has the next version of Pokemon Essentials included it? Because, I haven't found out where I might include that in my game... If someone has that script, I'd love to have it. I have school starting on Tuesday (last year of community college :D ), so my game progression will slow a bit, just to make sure I get good grades. I will be working on it a bunch when I get the spare time.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Uh oh, I think I just broke the game.

-I have three badges, and I just returned Lance's pokeball to him in Valenwood Village.
-The "event" screen popped up, warning me that I would not be able to save in the upcoming segment. The game then saved automatically.
-Lance gives you the option "take me to the Mask of Ice" or "Wait a second".
-I chose "wait a second", healed my team, saved the game again and returned to Lance.

-The Lance sprite will not respond.

thepsynergist

Years
Uh oh, I think I just broke the game.

-I have three badges, and I just returned Lance's pokeball to him in Valenwood Village.
-The "event" screen popped up, warning me that I would not be able to save in the upcoming segment. The game then saved automatically.
-Lance gives you the option "take me to the Mask of Ice" or "Wait a second".
-I chose "wait a second", healed my team, saved the game again and returned to Lance.

-The Lance sprite will not respond.

Oh crap. I'll fix that as soon as I can, I've been busy trying to get ready for school on monday. I'll make an emergency patch in a few days. Just hang tight.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2022
I ran in to the error with trading ratata for mareep, i'm trying to download the replacement script file
but it keeps saying it's not available

thepsynergist

Years
I ran in to the error with trading ratata for mareep, i'm trying to download the replacement script file
but it keeps saying it's not available

I just clicked it and it said it was there.

File listed as Scripts.rxdata. Maybe it was a mediafire error. Try again.

I'm still working on that error. I should get it up by the weekend, Cipher.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Sounds good. Take your time, though. I'll be gone for the weekend so I won't be able to test out your patch until sometime next week.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2022
I ran into a game freeze
I tried deleting an HM move and the game froze on me

thepsynergist

Years
I've been trying to get that problem fixed for ages now. It happens whenever you try to delete an HM move in battle. It doesn't do that when you try to learn a move out of battle. Ugh...pokemon essentials is so buggy...

I'll do my best but for now I can't fix that error.

Back