• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

blue

gucci
Years
Blimey, I didn't realize how many rumors turned out to be true according to that source.
Sky Battles, Fairy Type, First gym being bug type, Fairy > Dragon... idk I just think the majority of his rumors are going to turn out to be true? Not that I want dual-typed attacks but still.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Blimey, I didn't realize how many rumors turned out to be true according to that source.
Sky Battles, Fairy Type, First gym being bug type, Fairy > Dragon... idk I just think the majority of his rumors are going to turn out to be true? Not that I want dual-typed attacks but still.

Well considering the rivals rumour just got busted, then we can consider some of these rumours false, and tbh, I still doubt the dual type attacks as that could not work, at all, plus we saw the pokemon move screen, there's no room for a second type icon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
For single type it could be full words but for double maybe they are abridged to fit in ?

Years
 New Pokémon "Elvany," Flying/Fairy, "will be revealed soon."
"Tame Park" allows you to deposit up to 3 pokemon for one day, and trade PokéTokens to raise EV's.
Dunsparce, Mawile, Stantler, Sableye will get new evolutions
Two boys, "Tofune" and "Mika" will challenge the player through out the game; one with long hair, another with spikes and a purple striped shirt. seems to be connected to the plot.
Pangoro does exist, with a punk hairstyle and green fur "gloves." A new ability that Pangoro has will allow the holder to steal items during battle, called "Vandal Heart," is also mentioned.
Skrelp evolves into Weedra, with it's type not changing(Poison/Water), and learns the moves belch and signal beam.
Clauncher evolves twice, and into a Water/Electric type, with a new move "Blister Blast," a water type move that is super effective to flying types as well as fire, rock, and ground.
"Kale" is the second gym leader, with blond hair and a "androgyne style." Uses fairy types and the aforementioned Elvany.

those are all rumers that i saw in pokejungle, they say it originally from 4chan
what do you think?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
"Dunsparce, Mawile, Stantler, Sableye will get new evolutions"

Please, please, please be true. I love Mawile, Stantler and Sableye so I'd love for those to get evolutions to make them stronger! As for Dunsparce I definitely think it's long over due for an evolution, so even though these are just rumors right now I do hope these turn out to be true.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
If that rumor is true it would be likely that you could be growing berries yourself in this game. maby other types would have a move like that. so maby you have a specific berrie for every type, that would be pretty cool
it would be cool if they implemented breeding berries together.
i.e. oran + razz = a different berrie that you cant find in the wild

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm not sure how I feel about Clauncher evolving into a Water/Electric type. It's a cool typing and all but so far I've been considering Helioptile and Clauncher for my team....so there's going to be an awkward clash between the two if Clauncher becomes electric type.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Well considering the rivals rumour just got busted, then we can consider some of these rumours false, and tbh, I still doubt the dual type attacks as that could not work, at all, plus we saw the pokemon move screen, there's no room for a second type icon.

Maybe we have been misinterpreting it.
PokéBeach said:
A few attacks will be dual-typed. (WPM Note: Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Maybe we have been misinterpreted it.

Dual Type means 2 types. For and attack to be dual type it would have to be two types. Its not a misinterpretation. There are already moves that change element upon circumstances in the games. Nature Power, Nature's Gift, Secret Power, and Hidden Power. These are all classified as Normal attacks that can deal different typed Damage. The Damage type is what indicated STAB and Weakness/resistance so a Normal Pokemon using the attacks never get STAB or the attacks never get resisted or blocked by Normal Type's Resistance and Immunity checks despite them being Normal typed.

They are however not Dual Typed attacks.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Dual Type means 2 types. For and attack to be dual type it would have to be two types. Its not a misinterpretation. There are already moves that change element upon circumstances in the games. Nature Power, Nature's Gift, Secret Power, and Hidden Power. These are all classified as Normal attacks that can deal different typed Damage. The Damage type is what indicated STAB and Weakness/resistance so a Normal Pokemon using the attacks never get STAB or the attacks never get resisted or blocked by Normal Type's Resistance and Immunity checks despite them being Normal typed.

They are however not Dual Typed attacks.

Yeah, I just posted what PokéBeach said about this, and I'll agree with you on this one.
I don't think we've misinterpreted it, nor do I think that dual-typed moves will exist, so I think he got this one wrong.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I feel like people are somewhat exaggerating how complicated dual type moves would be. It would take some getting used to for sure but I doubt people would be scratching their heads over it.

The difficulty in understanding it could depend on one thing though:

1. If you have a Water/Electric move, are the types independent of each other? (i.e is it super effective against Fire, Rock, Ground and Flying?)
2. Or do the types combine into one pseudo type? (i.e is it super effective against Fire, Rock, Flying but has no effect on Ground?)

If it's the first one I figure it's a lot simpler to understand, you're just appending the effectiveness of two types together rather than the latter which is adding them together.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Well, as I've said before, even if dual-type moves were to be introduced, I doubt it would be as complicated as most people seem to think. Don't forget that Pokémon games' main target are kids, so they wouldn't introduce such a complicated mechanism in a kids game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well, as I've said before, even if dual-type moves were to be introduced, I doubt it would be as complicated as most people seem to think. Don't forget that Pokémon games' main target are kids, so they wouldn't introduce such a complicated mechanism in a kids game.

There are many complicated mechanics in the Pokemon game that deal with battle. Hidden Power, IVs, EVs. They are all complicated and hidden systems of the game that general players do not even bother with because of the difficulty and effort. Its used for the more experienced battle veterans.

Pokemon is a kids' game, but that doesn't mean that complicated systems are not in the games. Majority of children that play don't learn about EV training until a few years after.

It would be that complicated if introduced and would cause a large amount of trouble. Though its already been shown that there isn't room for second type buttons to appear on an attack's information page. Only thing they can do now is coded effects like Hidden Power, Natural Gift, Nature Power and Secret Power. Which would mean that they would not be Dual Typed attacks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I disagree, and I feel like you're kind of simplifying something that shouldn't be simplified in the first place. Having dual-type moves would more or less significantly altar competitive play, as the types that were once known to be super-effective against others might not be super-effective anymore after gaining an additional type.

For example...Freeze Shock. An Ice move that had the potential to paralyze. What if it gained Electric has a second type, due to this? Now all of a sudden, you have a move that's completely walled by every single ground-type imaginable, and the move that was once considered super-effective now no longer has any effect whatsoever on the type that it's supposed to be super effective against.

And Scald. Would it have Water/Fire because of it's chance to burn? It's such a useful move in competitive play, but can Fire-types freely switch into scald without any fear of it causing super-effective damage? Would Heatran freely switch into Scald and get a free flash fire boost?

The point being from all of this is...if dual-type moves were to exist (and assuming that the aforementioned moves get an additional typing), it would make things unnecessarily complicated, and why? Why is there a necessity for dual-type moves, I don't see anything wrong with our moves being single-typed in any way, so why is it needed? Especially if future dual-type moves get introduced, what's going to happen then? It'll just be a mess of dual-type moves that aren't needed in the first place, nor do I think are they going to be needed anytime in the future. .___.;;

You didn't really read what I said. What you said only accounts for number 2 on my list of possibilities.

What I'm talking about in possibility number 1 is that if you have a Water/Electric dual type move, if a dual type attack means combining the effect of each type into one turn (rather than two seperate turns)....

So a Water/Electric type attack would hit a Ground type pokemon super effectively because of the Water part of the attack rather than the Electric part.

For all we know a dual type attack could just be two attacks of different types occurring in the same turn. So first up you have the water damage...and then the electric damage follows. Like using doubleslap where each individual slap is a different type.

We don't know how dual types will work right now. So at this point it's just a guessing game.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
There are many complicated mechanics in the Pokemon game that deal with battle. Hidden Power, IVs, EVs. They are all complicated and hidden systems of the game that general players do not even bother with because of the difficulty and effort. Its used for the more experienced battle veterans.

Pokemon is a kids' game, but that doesn't mean that complicated systems are not in the games. Majority of children that play don't learn about EV training until a few years after.

It would be that complicated if introduced and would cause a large amount of trouble. Though its already been shown that there isn't room for second type buttons to appear on an attack's information page. Only thing they can do now is coded effects like Hidden Power, Natural Gift, Nature Power and Secret Power. Which would mean that they would not be Dual Typed attacks.

I'm well aware of those complicated algorithms behind Pokémon battles. But, as you said, those are more like hidden systems that we wouldn't even be aware of just by playing Pokémon games. We only know about them because, at some point, we wanted to know a little more about how the game works, so we searched about that stuff in the internet.

If we don't care about knowing all that stuff, we can still play Pokémon and be pretty good at it. We just have to know type advantages and abilities (or maybe just type advantages will do the job). So, Pokémon games, in a superficial view, are pretty basic and easy to understand. Even EVs are pretty basic imo.

So what I meant was that they wouldn't introduce anything complicated to the more superficial part of the game, the part that everyone who plays has to deal with and understand, which would include dual-typed moves.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Dual Type attacks add nothing to the game. The whole point of have 4 moves is to limit the number of super-effective attacks you can do. The only thing Dual-Type Attacks can do is net more SE hits. It would defeat the purpose of having a move-set. At that point you might as well have Pokemon learn 6 moves or more.

Limiting a pokemon to 4 moves is a Good thing. It make each individual Pikachu unique as well as keeping the menus free of clutter. And it encourages more strategic choice of which moves to keep.

If you have played FF, WOW, or other RPGs you know this: There are 1-2 spells you spam, and a laundry list of 45 other spells you never use. Pokemon solves this problem. "Pick the 4 moves you want, the rest are garbage."

Dual Type Attacks are just poor game design that limits the number of creative choices the player can make.

Back