• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another X/Y OU team

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Felt like making another OU team for Showdown, for fun, and I could use a little help on it. So far I got:

401.png

-Staraptor w/Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Moves: Brave Bird, Close Combat, U-Turn, Double-Edge

376.png

-Metagross w/Assault Vest
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Sp.Defense
Moves: Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Meteor Mash

487.png

-Azelf w/Light Clay
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Defense
Moves: Taunt, Reflect, Light Screen, Stealth Rock

121.png

-Starmie w/Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP, 32 Defense, 224 Speed, 4 Sp.Attack
Moves: Scald, Recover, Rapid Spin, Psyshock

gardevoir-mega.png

-Mega Gardevoir w/Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Moves: Hyper Voice, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Psyshock

660.png

-Mandibuzz w/Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Attack
Knock Off, Toxic, Roost, Taunt

Edits are in bold. Still open to any comments on the team.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though Meteor Mash got nerfed, it's still Metagross' go-to Steel STAB:
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt/Pursuit
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef
Item: Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Ok. Any other ideas? Particularly for the 2 empty slots on the team?

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
Well with Genesects just-now ban, you are in the need of three slots. I feel like a life orb/freeze dry/stealth rock mamoswine would be pretty good on this team. Also like the idea of a Special/choice scarf therian thunderous. Not certain about the last slot.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Well with Genesects just-now ban, you are in the need of three slots. I feel like a focus sash/freeze dry/stealth rock mamoswine would be pretty good on this team. Also like the idea of a Special/choice scarf therian thunderous. Not certain about the last slight.

I wouldn't use Freeze Dry on Mamoswine because it runs off of its lower Special Attack.

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 10, 2014
you should use shadow ball latios

or dual screen gardevoir

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 10, 2014
well, i mean...
just to do something a little interesting... but it seems you guys arent interested in that kind of thing.
But if you happen to find another physical sweeper other than Metagross, maybe you should use dual-screen Metagross. I'd expect it to work better than Gardevoir, but meh.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
well, i mean...
just to do something a little interesting... but it seems you guys arent interested in that kind of thing.
But if you happen to find another physical sweeper other than Metagross, maybe you should use dual-screen Metagross. I'd expect it to work better than Gardevoir, but meh.

This time around, Metagross is best played as an all-out attacker to make use of its newfound Fairy resistance.

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 10, 2014
you keep crushing my hopes and dreams, platinumd00d.

maybe you should throw back to 4th gen and use stealth rock azelf, could throw people off. otherwise, a simple tyranitar or average rocker would work. Skarmory is always a good Spiker, with Taunt could prove to be useful in some situations as well.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years

This is where I got the mamoswine idea from. (Joey/Pokeaimd). The main draw to freeze dry/life orb on Mamoswine is to handle one of his big counters, Rotom-W. Not forcing it by any means to you, just thought it was neat.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
you keep crushing my hopes and dreams, platinumd00d.

maybe you should throw back to 4th gen and use stealth rock azelf, could throw people off. otherwise, a simple tyranitar or average rocker would work. Skarmory is always a good Spiker, with Taunt could prove to be useful in some situations as well.

I don't mind interesting Pokémon/sets, Super Bling, I just prefer ones that actually work. Shadow Ball Latios and dual screens Gardevoir don't fall into that catergory. And I want Metagross to smash ****. But I will consider Azelf, for the lulz at the very least.

I'm not really into the idea of using Freeze Dry solely for the purpose of having Mamo kill Rotom-W. Yeah, the washing machine is on almost every team, but I'd rather have Mamoswine use its STAB for more than one poke.

And to ask again: did Genesect really get banned? Cuz that changes things a bit for this team.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Thanks for the link, Zephyrion.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I've edited the team now guys. What other suggestions do you all have?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I've edited the team now guys. What other suggestions do you all have?

Timid is still the better nature for Mega Gardevoir because 100 Speed, while not the best Speed to have, is still pretty good. Gardevoir also struggles to find setup opportunities with Calm Mind
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Hyper Voice
-Hidden Power (Ground)/Focus Blast
-Taunt/Shadow Ball
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace

As I mentioned before, Klefki does the Dual Screening thing better, IMO, because of Prankster giving priority to its status moves. It can get a screen or a layer of Spikes up before it gets Taunted (for some reason, Klefki doesn't get Taunt itself). It also stops itself from being setup bait with Foul Play:
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Spikes
-Dazzling Gleam/Foul Play
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/104 SDef
Item: Light Clay
Ability: Prankster

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I wanna run with Azelf first and see how it goes. If it doesn't go well, then I'll replace it with Swagkey.

I kinda need something anti-ghost, since a lot of the team is weak to Ghost (even without Azelf). But my brain is failing me on a good anti-ghost...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I wanna run with Azelf first and see how it goes. If it doesn't go well, then I'll replace it with Swagkey.

I kinda need something anti-ghost, since a lot of the team is weak to Ghost (even without Azelf). But my brain is failing me on a good anti-ghost...

Bisharp?:
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Knock Off
-Swords Dance/Substitute
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Dread Plate/Black Glasses/Leftovers
Ability: Defiant

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Bisharp would be great, but then I would possibly have 3 Steels on the team.

....Wait, why do I care? I have 4 Psychic types on the team already. XD

But is there something else, just in case?

Back