• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
Hey hey,
I don't have much time at the moment, so if I may, I'll just make one recommendation. The Platinum tree your using and shown in the screenshots looks too dark to go with the rest of the tileset properly but something like this:
tree2.png

might suit a little better. If you do use it, you might need to just change the colour of the grass and shadow but yeah.

Laters all
-Novus-

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Those trees are supposed to be like that. It ties in with the plot. I hopefully will update it soon with the reason why. Sort of like how the Honey Trees hae a purpose too except for a different reason. Thanks for offering to help though.

Edit: I just realized I posted one picture twice and forgot to post one.

Last edited:

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Battle Background

Well, I recently was told how to change all the layers so now I have a picture of the battle background. This is not set as the one i am using, just a example to show the style I am going for.
2d9wymw.png

Do you like the idea I have with this? Is there anything I can improve on. I know that this background is not the best, but I just want to use this as an example. Let me know what you think.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Wow, wind gale! This game is actually looking good! Not to be mean, but at first, I thought this was going to be like a noob game, but it actually looks really good!

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I understand. I technically still am new to this, at least to scripting. Thanks for the compliment.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Banner

This might not be considered a big update, but I think it is big. Thanks to Deelove, there is now a excellent banner for Pokemon Thieves. Here it is:
Banners
Made by Deelove

Spoiler:

Just copy the code and put it into your signature if you want to support this game.​

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I just realized I forgot to say why there is a Weavile.
So the explanation turned into an update.

Update
Weavile- Weavile used to be Walriens partner. He was always fighting for justice, even though he had different ways of doing it. In one battle he mysteriously dissapeared and hasn't been seen since. Walrien refuses to start a new team since he is missing his partner, and best friend.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
This looks very good since the battling is way better than in original pokemon games :D
Good luck with this.

Also I'd say the original rpg maker backgrounds fit in more nicely than the one which you posted lately.
I think it doesn't work if the background looks same as the map :|

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I think you are right with that. I am thinking about using tiles like i did but not the ones seen on a map. I still am not sure though. Any suggestions?

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Update

I made a new video. It is showing the battle system. I still need to change a few things to it like the icons, but for now it looks pretty good.

I only used basic attacks and defend the entire time I used it. The animations are not set up yet. I also realized the error in when I hit defend. I am trying to fix it now.

The first video might not be in the first post since I have to reupload it. It will be up soon. Fixed.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I am happy to say I have started this project up again. I had dissapeared for a while due to personal reasons.

Now I am happy to say I have started this project. Most of it is being restarted, which is why I deleted the screenshots and video.

I will update soon with what I have restarted.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Im curious how this made it to the showcase, but I really couldnt care less... But are people aware you can make a pokemon mystery dungeon type game with Pokemon essentials? Just gotta change the battle system a bit but i'm sure it would look alot better than the starter kit i've seen and this game.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I had all the requirements before. But I deleted all the pictures since I am redoing this. I have already PMed a mod asking him to move it.

I am aware that I can use Poccils Starter Kit, but I don't htink I will, I would rather this game stay made from scratch. Besides, you can't say it is better than this game since you haven't seen any of the updated version yet.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Yeah, usually I don't judge a game until there are screenshots too.

The reason they are gone is because I am changing tilesets and creating some too.
I can't say my tiles are that good though...

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Fair enough, i'll wait. Guess all I can say is keep at it. And your right I didnt mean to imply that this game is bad, and I dont judge a book by its cover, but the RPG Maker menu's and all dont look right with a pokemon game... And thats what i've seen and unless you make CMS I wont change my opinion. but thats my opinion...

zane203

Zetsumei barer
Years
hey criticism is a wonderful thing if you know how to let the negativity either motivate you or ignore it, and also ignore the "fluff" and not get a swelled head. It lets us know where to improve on from someone else's view point, dosnt mean you have to change it but hey.

ANYWAYS lol, screens show before and after. It lets peole know what's going on lawl.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Thanks. I may pause this project to gain better expierence in making games, since I am not very good with scripting, or very good with graphics, so I may make another project to gain expeience, which would make the progress here slow. I will come back to this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back